Rest In Peace, Chester Bennington

RogueSoul

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went from listening to Nobody Can't Save Me eveyday, to not wanting to hear anything of One More Light, cause wound it just to fresh.

Some part of me knows he's no longer with us, other part of me completely denies that, and refuse to believe it.

I went from listening to Nobody Can't Save Me eveyday, to not wanting to hear anything of One More Light, cause wound it just to fresh.

Some part of me knows he's no longer with us, other part of me completely denies that, and refuse to believe it.

He's always with us. Just need to seek him in your heart.

Same here. Clearly the same.

When I started working on this project a few weeks ago I had no idea it would turn into a tribute to one of my biggest idols.
I've seen Chester Bennington performing live 3 times and was lucky enought to talk to him twice in 2012 and 2014. We've only exchanged a few words but somehow he managed to amaze me with how kind and friendly he was. Honestly, I've never seen anyone to seem so happy just because he could talk to me. But that's how he was. And as much as I'm happy I got a chance to meet him, it makes it even more difficult to accept what happened last Friday. I mean, he wasn't just another celebrity from the TV. He was a real person. I talked to him, I shook his hand. And the fact that he decided to end his life that way leaves me heartbroken.
I guess it's needless to say how important Linkin Park is to me, even if I don't listen to them as often as I used to as a teenager. Without Chester and LP I would be in a totally different place as a music producer and probably as a person. So I guess the only right thing to say right now is thank you for everything, Chester. We're all gonna miss you, you freakin' Legend.

Still after 3 days I can't believe what happened, it's so hard for me to admit it to myself. It hurts a lot to think that we won't hear this beautiful voice anymore, that he and his lovely spirit are not here anymore. One thing that makes it really hard to belive that he took his own life, is that he seemed so happy and positive lately. Chester was never close to me literally, but he was close to me metaphorically. I never met him or never contacted him in any way, even though I dreamt about it for years. To meet Chester was one of my dreams, to meet him and Mike would probably be one of the best days of my life, the energy those guys have together and the way they fit each other are astonishing. Now when Chester is dead, he's still alive in our broken hearts trying to put its pieces together.

Evening all..I am still in shock. Feeling very low and listening to LP constantly since the news broke. I was taking my son to the gig at Manchester till it got cancelled.

Any LP fans..members in Scotland fancy meeting up etc let me know guys & gals ..take care everyone x

I am still in a confused space currently. When I heard it, I was still at work, and even though I am not allowed to carry my phone with me, I had it with me, secretely I was just looking to see if I had messages and saw I had like 200 messages. I first thought it would be work related since we always have these group what's app messages where people try to switch shifts etc.

But it was something else, it was the group with LP fans. And my mother. Time literally stood still. I couldn't believe it, and still in shock went to bed. When I woke up, I felt sick. I still couldn't believe it. I had a day off, and cried the whole day.

Reading the posts on this forum and talking to LP fans really helps to overcome this sadness and frustration.

Chester was really a one of a kind guy. Someone who could make you feel special, without him even knowing you. When I briefly sproke him back in March during the Up and Close event. I was so damn happy, and felt so fortunate. He was so friendly and genuine. Something that most stars could learn something from.

LP in general always has been more than music. The fanbase is like a family. And that is why I also want to thank everyone here. Because even though I had periods where I was completely M.I.A. and times where I was here almost every day, I felt welcome. I have seen a lot of heated discussions on here, but it was just genuine conversations and people respect eachother. And that are qualities that I sadly don't see enough in real life at work etc.

I don't even know where I am going with this all, but I am grateful that Chester and the guys created a foundation with their music for us all to be who we are, to inspire us, and to find friends, love and happiness. I hope Chester found his peace. He will never be forgotten. His memory and legacy will live on, aswell as his kindness and the lessons he taught not only us, but also his peers and other artists.

Edited by Jesper

Finally Cried today. It's just settling in. Chester is gone and he isn't coming back. Linkin park is what got me to pursue music professionally. I didn't write songs before LP, i didn't play guitar, sing, or produce before LP. They changed my life completely. And more so they have been with me in every area of my life. The good times, celebrations, the bad times, break ups, deaths, everything! Ive seen then live 5 times. It would have been 6 in 2 weeks. I am heartbroken and devastated. Anyone on the east coast of the US wants to talk or reach out please feel free(particularly DMV). Talking about it and being in community will get us all through this life altering event. REST IN POWER Chester Bennington.

It's been several days now and I don't think the weight of what happened has fully landed on me yet. Like, it still feels like an awful invasive thought in my head - I think "Chester Bennington is gone, LP is (maybe?) gone too", and my brain just says "get that out of here, that's not real, why would you think that?"

It's a strange feeling to contend with. It feels like I haven't grieved properly yet. With other celebrity deaths - Bowie, Chris Cornell - I felt it the whole day, and it brought me down the whole day. But with Chester, even thinking about it and trying to grasp and comes to terms with it isn't working. I don't know.

I don't want it to sound like I'm completely emotionless about it, because I was devastated for a couple days afterward and it still hurts. But it just feels like it's not processing completely and I don't know if it will any time soon. Maybe once the band issues an official statement and potentially clarifies their future (because I really, really need to know), it'll solidify everything. But that could take a long time, and honestly, it should take as long as they need it to. We'll probably hear something soon because they'll want to not leave the fans hanging, but I hope they also understand that we're not going to rush them at all.

I hope you all are doing alright. We have to try our best to support each other.

My grandpa died on July 8 and I had just about stopped being consistently sad and then Chester died. Now I'm feeling real sad about Chester and my grandpa again. I've listened to "One More Light" a l lot, as well as Nobody Can Save Me and Leave out All The Rest. They are painful to listen to, but at the same time, it's helping with the healing process. Chester was my favorite singer. He was such an inspiration. I hope his family and band mates will make it through this. I hope all of you can too.

Seems so strange for this to happen, after Chester had said "this is the best day of my life" when they started their Euro tour. Especially being on Cornell's birthday. I am starting to believe his death was a murder made to look like suicide.

As it stands, I guess everything was too Heavy, so he let go. He had Given Up, and is put out of his misery. Good Goodbye Chester!

"When my time comes

Forget the wrong that I've done

Help me leave behind some

reasons to be missed

And don't resent me

And when you're feeling empty

Keep me in your memory

Leave out all the rest"

I wasn't going to buy One More Light. LP isn't my favorite band anymore, and I'm not a fan of Pop music. I was high the other day and listened to OML from front to back. I can honestly say, I did enjoy it. It was nice to not hear Chester screaming. I will buy it eventually.

I hope they will continue to make music still. (Time to give Mark Wakefield a call. LOL)

We lost a legend, but his legacy lives on!

Edited by Southpaw311

There's a fragile game we play
With the ghosts of yesterday
If we can't let go, we'll never say goodbye
No trace of what remains
No stones to mark the graves
Only memories we thought we could deny
There was so much more to lose
Than the pain I put you through
In my carelessness I left you in the dark
And the blood may wash away
But the scars will never fade
At least I know somehow I made a mark

I am starting to believe his death was a murder made to look like suicide.

I don't want come of as a douche and there are a lot of weird feelings and thoughts out there but can we please do not start with unjustified conspiracy theories? They are not helping anyone.

Don Gilmore's interview is touching. Glad Chester vouched for him to do Meteora. Wish he would have done more LP albums. He seemed to really push them to be better. Lots of people hate on the older albums, but they wouldn't have been the band they were today without them.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

On the bright side, you won't be getting punched in the mouth for calling Linkin Park a sell out. (Okay, all jokes aside now)

In Chester's words, "it's been an honor and privilege" to see the boys three times. My favorite memory is Mike and Chester coming out on Bleed It Out wearing rockstar wigs and singing the second verse of GNR's Sweet Child O Mine at Alpine Valley Projekt Rev 2008.