Rest In Peace, Chester Bennington

RogueSoul

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've set myself a goal that when i finish collage and when I get a job, the first thing that i'll do with my first salary is go to Linkin Park concert... But I guess that will never happen... Even if it happens it will never be the same without Chester.
Rest in peace, legend .

Rarely, if ever, I post but I want to be in this thread.

Guys, I can't even process this... :( :( :(

Feels like this is a beginning of a new reality for me. Since I've been a Linkin Park fan, I could associate events in my life with a current LP album. MTM era, ATS era, etc. Now, without Chester, this is going to be different. :(

Beautiful post.

I'm at a loss for words. Total disbelief. I've been crying all day. Linkin Park has helped me get through many dark times in my life. I have tickets for the October 22 show at the Hollywood Bowl. I have seen them live many times & they always put on a great show. Giving it 100% every show & they always sound amazing live. My daughters first concert ever was Linkin Park. She was in 5th grade. She is now 26 yrs old. Thank you Chester for the music & incredible lyrics that will always live on. My heart is broken 💔 Rest In Peace. We will always remember the music & Love you brought to this planet.

I can not believe this is happening, I've been crying all morning and still crying while reading this post. So sorry that Chester could not overcome his demons and felt that suicide was the only answer, he will be truly missed. Condolences to his family, friends, Brad, Joe, Phoenix, Mike and Rob, I can only imagine what they are going through.

LP have been a part of my life for over 15 years so this just breaks my heart. As someone said in one of the earlier posts, what now... I am going to miss all that. I've never followed a band with as much passion as LP and now there is a void I don't think will ever be replaced. LP and Chester will forever be in my hearts and never forgotten.

I have been following this band for 12 years, since I was 12 years old. Their music has provided me with so much joy and comfort in hard times. Chester's phenomenal performance on the song "One More Light" came out at the perfect moment. 5 days after the album came out, I found out that my grandpa had only a few months to live, and unfortunately, he passed away on July 8. I balled like a baby to the song. I want to thank Chester for all the good times and comfort during hard times. I saw Linkin Park only once. I lived in Mississippi, so all their shows were always hours away. My friends and I drove 10 hours to Tampa, FL to see them during The Hunting Party tour cycle and the show was everything I had ever hoped it would be. I wish the family, band, and all of the fans my best.

I want to share my post from Facebook. Please note any names are either people from the LP community or in my local community.

I have a lot of text, WhatsApp and FB messages sitting in my inbox. I'm not ignoring anyone, I just don't know what to say to anyone right now.

It just doesn't feel real. As much as Linkin Park are 'just a band', they have always been more than just that to me.

I know a lot of people say that music saved them and helped them through some hard times, but that's never really been the case for me. I have a passion for music, as anyone who knows me will tell you, but it doesn't come from the same place as the people aforementioned. For me, it's plainly and simply a love for the music; the sound, the words, the work, the story.

I never really connected with music until I discovered Linkin Park through Vince Wakerley showing us the music video to In The End multiple times in one evening back in 2000/2001. Other than I Believe I Can Fly off the Space Jam soundtrack, a lot of music was 'take it or leave it' up until that point for me. Linkin Park became a band that I grew more and more in love with.

There is no doubt in my mind that people grew tired very quickly with the amount I spoke about that band. I know those conversations went on longer than they ought to and I apologise for that! I'm still doing that to this day.

Chester, and Linkin Park are the reason I learned how to play musical instruments, the reason I learned and started writing music. They are the reason I have made so many great friends, like Stefano Carlino, Mark Terrell, Rishi Dial, and so so many more. They are the reason I travelled across Europe and barely ate a meal a day with Amit Valand, just to watch Chester perform with Dead By Sunrise night in and night out. Chester is even the reason I've been on tour with Julien-K. I even have 3 Linkin Park tattoos.

I met Chester for this first time just over 10 years ago. May 2007, I won a meet and greet with the entire band in London. I don't remember much about the situation, the adrenaline and excitement was overwhelming. I was lucky to meet Chester again many more times across Europe over the years. He was always sweet, and humble. Just over 2 weeks ago I was holding his sweaty hand at the O2 Arena as he was standing in the crowd singing Waiting For The End.

Whether you're a new fan of the band, liked everything up until One More Light, or lost interest after Meteora, it's a sad day for Linkin Park fans of any era. I'm sure many of you have already shed tears, as have I. It's an awful situation, and my thoughts sincerely go out to his family, his band mates, and his friends. You'll always be a huge inspiration.

Jade Webb has been amazing in trying to comfort me. Will always be lucky to have her.

"just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there"

I always imagined that the band will be with me forever. When I will turn old, I will see them how are they doing, still playing music etc. I never thought this could happen. Still don't believe it. I live in Hungary and I waited since the year of 2000 to play a show here in my country. Not even a month ago, I saw them live in the first line at VOLT Festival. One of the greatest experiences of my life! Beyond being a very talented man, a good friend and a gentleman, I'm sorry like everybody else. I had no idea that the man was in pain, that the man was suffering.

I'm so fucking devastated. This man has been one of my idols since I was 11 years old, that's 17 years of my life. It still hasn't fully sunk in that this is real, this is like Chris Cornell to me but 10 fold. I know every LP song, I have felt every lyric over the years and have seen them 5 times. I don't know what to do. It still feels like I'm gonna see them in October :(

As most of us, Im shocked and sad. I never thought this day will come, I woke up today and turned up LP on my car on my way to work, as usual enjoying those fine tunes those 6 guys created. I still cant believe he is gone, is the first time that an artist passed away and gets me and man it hurts so much.

I've listening LP since 2000, I was 12 years old, crawling and one step closer where the first songs I heard, from there I've been a fan loving each new album cycle, 17 years of awesome music ! ! ! !. Their music has helped me on the hardest times of my life, each time they released an album has been exactly when I needed.

Now that they are gone everything seems downhill from here, I hope their music can give me the strength I need.

Chester is a LEGEND, no one would ever know what he was going trough, the internal battle with himself, wherever you are I hope you've found peace.

Edited by Mazatan

This hit me real hard; I kept waiting for it to come out as a hoax but then Mike confirmed it. I don't really know what to say. I've been a fan pretty much from the beginning, I went to the very first Prokekt Revolution and saw them every time they were in Colorado. Their music got me through a lot of hard times, and sparked my interest in music. I've been listening to One More Light all day, and looking back the lyrics seem almost like a cry for help. This album has a whole different meaning to me now, especially songs like Nobody Can Save Me. My prayers go out to his family, his kids, his bamdmates, and his friends. RIP Chester, you will be missed.

Shocked...

I listened to Chester's voice the first time in 2000. It was great. I never have heard such a great and powerful voice.

First time I saw the Band live was in 2008 in Berlin.

I can't believe he's dead.

I sleeped 2 hours this night. I didn't know him personally, but his dead is like the day as a member of my family died.

It still seems surreal to me. I enjoyed his singing, and he brought the right emotion to every song. Not just LP, but also Dead by Sunrise. My favorite DSP will always be Oklahoma City in '08, for sticking it out, even though he was ill.

All of LP's music was relatable, and got me through some tough times. "The Messenger," in particular, while going through a divorce.

It's just so unreal that this has happened.