2017.05.06 - Buenos Aires, Argentina - Maximus Festival

Gotta love some people are already angry about their first show of the OML cicle, can't imagine how's gonna be in the US tour in a few months lol.

I actually appreciate a shake-up after the long drowned setlist of 2014-2015, never enjoyed it at all like how I did with 2010-2011 (personal favorite) and 2012-2013. It's a nice start and I agree that the order they played some songs felt weird, but still, I enjoyed it. Easily the highlight of the show was either ITE acapella by the crowd or LOATR, got tired of the Ballad Medley after a while and that felt 100 times more enjoyable and fresh, couldn't have asked a better change.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love some people are already angry about their first show of the OML cicle, can't imagine how's gonna be in the US tour in a few months lol.

Huh? I don't see a lot of angry people around here. Most just state their displeasure about the setlist which is I guess a pretty major point of having a forum and discussion like this? I don't know why people expect that only positive things get posted in here. It's the same thing as with Heavy where every criticism was called hate and stuff like that.

Huh? I don't see a lot of angry people around here. Most just state their displeasure about the setlist which is I guess a pretty major point of having a forum and discussion like this? I don't know why people expect that only positive things get posted in here. It's the same thing as with Heavy where every criticism was called hate and stuff like that.

Of course, cause I'm that type of person who praises everything that I like without any criticism, yep. Some LP fans are known for being so kind and open minded about new ideas right? I'm talking about in general, not just this forum. Not trying to say people necessarily who commented here were hostile, not even close, but sometimes I feel like some complain for small things like this, not even constructive criticism.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

Just a random thought, do you guys think we'll see a Set B for Europe/USA? This set isn't as complicated as the THP cycle ones, it's more similar to a LT cycle set. I think even the band will get bored playing the EXACT same set for 29 shows in a row.

They always changed the setlist after the first concerts and they saw what works good and what bad!
I can't believe that this their setlist for headline shows is only 85 minutes long. That would be a step backwards

I think that on OML there is no song which could be an intro song so they will work for another intro like they did in 2012

Pooch isn't sound engineer anymore and now they play setlist like this, totaly without any order. Interesting. If it isn't important playing songs in same order over and over again, maybe we can expect more setlist variations. New set looks interesting, maybe should be a little bit longer, 7 studio albums and 21songs/85 mins playing? c'mon LP.

Bring back Final Masquerade, Rebellion and swap BTH, Papercut with Invisible and With You.

No no no no no

NEVER EVER EVER GET RID OF BTH

Bleed it Out only started closing every show in 2014. Before that, it was rotated with One Step Closer and a few other songs (Faint during MTM and What I've Done for a few shows)

I do remember OSC closing out shows but I thought that was last done a while ago.

Thanks!

They definitely have more set time for arena/headlining shows, which is what we'll see with Chile and Peru. WFTE + Invisible or OML will be there. I also hope one more HT/Meteora song (POA or APFMH or FTI) makes it to add some energy.

Just watched the webcast right now. Missed it yesterday...

An incredible concert! We can clearly see the band putting a big effort to make an amazing experience during it.

Wastelands was fuc*ing insane, I LOVED that one. The Setlist is amazing (Only deslike BID)

It's really nice to see the band back to road.

I definitely can't wait to see them next week

It was a great (and short) show, weird in some spots, and too much fuc*ed up parts.
So happy for The Catalyst and Lost In The Echo, and the new songs sound great!

P.S. Notes about the setlist:

- Good Goodbye didn't have the guitar part in the extended intro like in the reharsals, but maybe Brad was just improvising
- Mike changed the demo verse on Good Goodbye: "It was over before it began", or something like this
- Brad played guitar during intro and first verse of Numb

- Mike used a capo on the 4th fret for the final chord in the outro of Bleed It Out

I don't know if all of this is relevant, but just to say.

I was there. The only bad thing about this show was the sound until OSC. We almost didn't hear anything before that

Besides that , it was an really amazing show. The crowd went fucking NUTS on every song , too bad you can't clearly see it on the webcast.

We need more shows in South America.

I think this was a good show to start off the new tour. The band sounded great, vocals were kinda bad on the webcast, but that was due to the bad mixing, after listening to some audience videos I think they sounded great.

However I do think the setlist has a weird flow (read: no flow). Not talking about the song choices, but the place of the song, like some of you said before (OSC between BID and COG, Heavy in the encore between numb and papercut??). As for the song choices, I think (I hope) that the headlining set is different.

Also, we've seen the band make minor adjustments before to the setlist, I recall in 2010 they changed some order of it for a better closing of the set. Im pretty sure the band will make some tweaks to this set for Europe, maybe not songwise, but a different other.

So maybe it wasnt the broadcast... it was the audio at the stage :o

Yup. And i really don't know why because the rest of the bands on the festival sounded great until LP.

Who's Pooch's replacement now? :lol:

Edited by Hybrid Theory

Maybe they will play the same set all the year. When you see it first time,you will say it's amazing. At end of the year,you will say it's boring.

Isn't it normal to say that? I mean, we are excited to see what LP plays this year. The problem is that they do not change alot throughout the year.

If they would change their setlists often we would not say that.

I think it's inevitable they change it and play more new songs. They ALWAYS change the sets, they won't keep this all year. The USA tour is 29 shows, they have to have different setlists.

As long as they play BTH at the October shows I will die a happy man.

The one LP song I haven't seen live that I NEED to see live.

I need some help with the Good Goodbye lyrics. for the new verse.

Third Encore rehearsal:

Live from the Genesis
Underlining for emphasis
There is no way to pretend that we don't really know what the ending is
Part of me thinking that even addressing is being too generous
Do you really think they'll notice when you get removed from the premises?
And it makes you so mad that somebody else could be stepping in front of you
And it makes you so mad that I won't give you the respect that the others do (is this line correct?)
And you can't understand the fact that it's over and done
Hope you had fun
You've got a lot to discuss on the bus headed back where you're from
Buenos Aires:
Live from the Genesis
Underlining for emphasis
And it makes you so mad that I won't give you the respect that the others do
And you can't understand it was over before it's begun
Hope you had fun
There is a completely different part in the third to last line. The fourth to last line sounds correct for Buenos Aires but I don't know if that's correct for Third Encore too.

I need some help with the Good Goodbye lyrics. for the new verse.

Third Encore rehearsal:

Live from the Genesis

Underlining for emphasis

And it makes you so mad that I won't give you the respect that the others do (is this line correct?)

And you can't understand the fact that it's over and done

Hope you had fun

Buenos Aires:

Live from the Genesis

Underlining for emphasis

And it makes you so mad that I won't give you the respect that the others do

And you can't understand it was over before it's begun

Hope you had fun

There is a completely different part in the third to last line. The fourth to last line sounds correct for Buenos Aires but I don't know if that's correct for Third Encore too.

For me its corrected fo both