2017.05.06 - Buenos Aires, Argentina - Maximus Festival

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lying From You was released to radio too. I've even found an announcement while doing research for Linkinpedia.

In my opinion, a song having a music video doesn't really mean anything. I know bands who created music videos for all songs in an album and others who created videos for random songs just because they wanted to (I mean, Linkin Park has one for Cure For The Itch). I'm not saying Good Goodbye isn't or won't be a single though.

But POA's CD says its a single. I'm not trying to argue just to argue but I'm saying it's harder to identify a single than we think. Anyway Good Goodbye will be a single in the UK later on, and if it does well they'll bring it to the USA. That's the deal with that song.

Final thoughts....

-I like The Catalyst opening. That's something I wished carried over to the USA in 2011 from Europe 2010 but it didn't. I don't know why they only used it twice to open. Cool song.

-Of anything to keep from THP they picked Wastelands instead of ALITS or Rebellion....damn.

-Talking To Myself is by far the best song from OML that has been heard to this point. I like it much more than Heavy, Battle Symphony and Good Goodbye.

-OSC doesn't need to be surrounded by BID and COG...move up Papercut and SIB to go around it. Put some rock in there. Add POA. I know this is a 90 min set so they probably have 3~ more songs to add...I hope that means one more Hybrid Theory/Meteora song plus WFTE and OML (or Invisible), since they'll definitely play those last two.

-Sounds like a lot of sampled backing vocals on TTM/Heavy?

-South America needs to kick off every fucking touring cycle. Those fans appreciate music like Europe does. They need to reward South America with a 10 show tour...the fans there make shows very enjoyable to watch.

-How is it possible we are still hearing shortened songs with Catalyst and LITE? I am excited LITE is back in there but they cut it. That's horrible. Play the full song, it's a monster. You can even open the show with that if you're wanting to. LITE is a good live song.

-Mike is all over the stage on Good Goodbye. I don't like the song but wow he's exploding like WTCFM is up there.

-The middle of the set drags so badly. Just my opinion. Battle Symphony into New Divide, ouch. Crawling piano. BTH is good.

-New LOATR is really good. I'm glad they included that for MTM 10.

-"Encore" is atrocious but I can't stand the slow stuff in the encore, especially Numb. I'm oldschool where I like an explosion for the encore (Tinfoil/Faint/LFYpapercut/OSC) but the band doesn't want to do that anymore unfortunately. Glad to see Papercut there. Very disappointed to see Heavy in the encore along with Numb and the CRUTCH of Bleed It Out.

-Relying on the singles as a crutch for the setlist is going to destroy all chances of seeing non singles in the setlist from this point forward unless they do multiple setlists. I hope they play some non singles from the catalogue in there.

-I cannot begin to describe how much better TTM and GG live are compared to the BID and LGM were in 2012.

Set organization is off. I think they could really fix it with this and changing a few songs:

Lost In The Echo (full)
One Step Closer
Papercut or No More Sorrow
Faint
A Line In The Sand or Rebellion (swapped for Wastelands)
Numb
Pushing Me Away (swapped for New Divide. one deep cut in the catalogue.)
Somewhere I Belong or Lying From You
Leave Out All The Rest
Good Goodbye
Heavy
Burn It Down
Battle Symphony (Piano)
Castle Of Dance
Breaking The Habit
Burning In The Skies (swapped for Crawling piano)
What I've Done
In The End
---------------
When They Come For Me (swapped for BIO, time to drop BIO)
Talking To Myself
The Catalyst

Didn't Rebellion get released to radio? Or am I misremembering something?

Lying From You was released to radio too. I've even found an announcement while doing research for Linkinpedia.

In my opinion, a song having a music video doesn't really mean anything. I know bands who created music videos for all songs in an album and others who created videos for random songs just because they wanted to (I mean, Linkin Park has one for Cure For The Itch). I'm not saying Good Goodbye isn't or won't be a single though.

Rebellion and Lying From You: No music video OR CD single/promo discs with single artwork = not singles (LFY can be distinguished as a "radio-only single" or whatever, but it needs to be classified differently from other singles). I distinctly remember LFY being more or less ignored promotion-wise when it was initially released to radio during the Meteora cycle, only for LP to retroactively start calling it a single because it went to #1 on the Modern Rock Tracks chart, which allowed them to promote Meteora as having "five #1 singles."

Anyway, after seeing the setlist picture, I stand corrected about the Roads Untraveled/Fallout intro (although I personally don't hear anything from Fallout in there). As long as it's specifically designated as an intro like the Mashup Intros were, that works.

Re: Sampled vocals on TTM/Heavy - Already kind of addressed TTM, Heavy's excessive backing track vocals largely consist of Kiiara's harmonies from the studio version, they swapped Chester in for her lead parts in the second verse/bridge but kept all of her backups in the mix. There are a shit ton of vocal tracks on that song either way, it probably rivals Robot Boy in terms of vocal layering.

Edited by Astat

Wow , this was one heck of a bad show I think :/

Much more than the songs chosen, the order in the setlist is just awful . There are some moments where the crowd doesn't sound lively.

Opening with The Catalyst though is a good idea , but the beginning f the setlist is very bizarre as a Heavy song might follow a soft song which follows a heavy song. Bad combination of an energy I think.

Apart from The Catalyst, there are really no suprises at all , which is really disappointing.

As for the new songs, GG and TTM sounds really nice but Heavy kills everything, especially in the encore.. The only place of this song would be the bin, or more seriously 3rd quarter of the set.

Wastelands chosen as the lone THP song, I can understand , as the heavy territory is almost dead . (then, ALITS ,which is my fave, doesn't have a fit at all)

Quite happy I didn't buy a ticket though , as Linkin Park seems to be renamed Lazy Park nowadays . Sad

Nobody Recorded Roads Untravelled?

Roads Unraveled was just part of an intro

The full song wasn't played.

Also, has BIO been a closer for 10 years now?

Seems like that's the only 100% certain staple in an LP set is Bleed It Out always closing.

Great show IMO. RU/The Catalyst is a fantastic opener, Talking to Myself is one of the best songs from OML so far and the new version of LOATR is just beautiful (btw, if Mike sung Fear over the piano intro, then they would've finally played the LOATR intro I've begging for in my custom setlists for years :P ). And I actually think the set flows incredibly well for the most part. Mike killed it, Brad seemed to be having a great time and Chester was on point for most of the show (let's just ignore Numb for a second). And it seems like what they say about the Argentinian crowds is true, they killed it. Dropping Given Up looks like the right call at this point, there's no need to kill Chester's vocal chords.

A few suggestions for improvement:

- Do they really need to cut LITE short? Don't get me wrong, this version is much better than the 30 seconds Carnivores Tour version, but the full song is only about a minute longer. How much time does it actually free up?

- Do something with the BIO bridge. It doesn't have to anything new, you could bring back the APFMH bridge for example.

I hope they'll add a non-single or two from MTM/ATS/LT/THP for the headline shows.

Edited by Mesck547

i like this rehearsal show, sure the setlist a little bit will change after the album release.

but, this is awesome, Good Goodbye live is more cool than studio version. Crawling piano version is soo cool, LOATR with Mike on vocal is awesome,

can't say something about Taling To Myself coz of sound quality is not too good, but i like this new sound of the album, Battle Symphony still the best for me.

since the band is trying to change the opening song, they need to try to change the last song, I'm tired of the fact that BIO is the last song.

Pooch isn't sound engineer anymore and now they play setlist like this, totaly without any order. Interesting. If it isn't important playing songs in same order over and over again, maybe we can expect more setlist variations. New set looks interesting, maybe should be a little bit longer, 7 studio albums and 21songs/85 mins playing? c'mon LP.

Bring back Final Masquerade, Rebellion and swap BTH, Papercut with Invisible and With You.

Wow , this was one heck of a bad show I think :/

Much more than the songs chosen, the order in the setlist is just awful . There are some moments where the crowd doesn't sound lively.

Opening with The Catalyst though is a good idea , but the beginning f the setlist is very bizarre as a Heavy song might follow a soft song which follows a heavy song. Bad combination of an energy I think.

Apart from The Catalyst, there are really no suprises at all , which is really disappointing.

As for the new songs, GG and TTM sounds really nice but Heavy kills everything, especially in the encore.. The only place of this song would be the bin, or more seriously 3rd quarter of the set.

Wastelands chosen as the lone THP song, I can understand , as the heavy territory is almost dead . (then, ALITS ,which is my fave, doesn't have a fit at all)

Quite happy I didn't buy a ticket though , as Linkin Park seems to be renamed Lazy Park nowadays . Sad

1. This is their first show for 2017 and you already said it's bad? they just started.

2. How are you so sure the crowd doesn't sound lively? you're not even there. through webcast? the audio mixed pretty bad.

3. Heavy should be in the bin? I think you're the one who should. Maybe it's not fit in the encore but they just tried it out, is that wrong? right after Heavy, they played Papercut. not enough for you?

4. they're not lazy, they just playing around with their set. how bout you try make a band, making a setlist and try to maintain 45 minutes without tired the entire show.

It's easy to talk than face it.

I might be reading too far into this, but do you guys think that them going from Heavy straight into a classic (Papercut) was an attempt to minimize a bad crowd reaction from Heavy?

You can also see it as a sign of diversity. Going from a straight pop song to a nu-metal classic.

Roads Unraveled was just part of an intro

The full song wasn't played. Also, has BIO been a closer for 10 years now?

Seems like that's the only 100% certain staple in an LP set is Bleed It Out always closing.

Bleed it Out only started closing every show in 2014. Before that, it was rotated with One Step Closer and a few other songs (Faint during MTM and What I've Done for a few shows)

My thoughts:

Intro...a little bit slow for me and The Catalyst isn't a first song in my opinion. LITE would be a better one with a great build up intro!

the order of some songs is disgusting ...BID, OSC, COG, GG...

positive things: the new LOATR version is great! like they did with WFTE / Crawling piano also great / new WID intro / Good Goodbye and TTM are great live songs

negative things: really short setlist (85 minutes) ok it could be a result of being a festival show... but they cut and shortened songs again! WTF! LITE is one of the best from the last 3 albums

for a headline show they have to add at least 3 or 4 songs to that setlist and think about the order. the other thing is what did they practice for 4 months?! only the new version of LOATR and the new songs??? In 2014 they had so many new intros and outros and now I don't understand what they did in their rehearsals

So after 7 albums they should be able to perform around 1:45h not only 1:25h. We had longer shows in 2010 with 4 albums and after THP we had 100 minute shows.

Edited by marzo23

I went. I also went to 2010 and 2012, and 2010 rocked my fucking socks off like never before.

I think The Catalyst opening the set just doesn't work. It has no energy whatsoever, and I don't know if it was because I had already got accustomed to the sound of the speakers because I arrived at the festival early, but it didn't sound as "epic" as it should.

Other gripes: The setlist didn't flow for SHIT this time, it never picked up any energy like it did the previous times and certain songs dragged as hell. No one sang Battle Symphony, and people only sang Heavy because Chester asked us to.

Good things about the show: Chester was on point, but seeing as it's the first show of the tour it's to be expected that his voice wasn't worn down. I fucking LOVED Talking To Myself, even sang the little bits that we already knew. What a great track.

All in all, if I had to rank the three shows, it's still 2010-2012-2017.