2017.05.06 - Buenos Aires, Argentina - Maximus Festival

I think you could make the exact same song selection work WAY better if you just changed a few things around. Check this out for example:

01. The Catalyst
02. One Step Closer
03. Wastelands
04. Good Goodbye
05. Lost in the Echo
06. Talking to Myself
07. Burn it Down
08. Castle of Glass Experience
09. Battle Symphony
10. New Divide
11. Breaking the Habit
12. Crawling (Piano version)
13. Leave Out All the Rest
14. Somewhere I Belong
15. Heavy
16. Papercut
17. Faint
------------
18. What I've Done
19. Numb
20. In the End
21. Bleed it Out

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I left after Numb to get to a concert of my own. Dissapointed in the "encore" (I'm just gonna pin when they said 4 more songs as the encore)

My thoughts on set list

- Carnivores set list was WAY better. The only song I dislike on this set list is Wastelands but the setlist does not have enough energy. Carnivores setlist had so much energy it was one of the best live shows I have ever seen.

- Obviously they will play new songs, I like the new songs this is okay with me. The rest of the set is the problem. They tried to match it to the tone of the album which will Dissapoint a lot of people

- As much as I dislike THP as a whole album. I'm Upset they Got Rid Of Rebellion and Final Masquerade. Both are two of my top 10 LP songs and they should stay around. It's weird when artists ignore the album they JUST made live. Sum 41 does this too. They play 1 song from second to last album. I just don't get it.

- Literally ALL the heavy is gone. I wouldn't have an issue with this except the fact that Given Up is missing. I think Given Up is a staple that should be in every set. There is no shame with having 1 or 2 heavy songs in your setlists.

- I'm so glad they axed most of the BS. Shortened songs are gone, Dark than Blood is gone, interludes are gone, A Light That Never Comes is gone.

- I'm sad they still try to pass the Castle of Dance off as something listenable. Castle of Glass is in my top 5 LP songs and the dance version is just awful. It ruins the song and honestly if they are going to change the set list to be more mellow, the original makes more sense anyway.

BUT I will say that as a fan going to the show, I would love this setlist. We all need to remember that it's super easy to sit and complain behind a computer screen. The set is good, the set is great even if. Especially of you go to the show. They played a lot of HT and Meteora which will appease the old fans and they played a lot of classic songs. I would have a great time seeing this setlist even if it could be better.

Edited by Bliss

Surprised no one has complained about the only non-single in the setlist being 'Talking To Myself' yet. Fine by me, I think it was executed awesomely.

Technically Wastelands wasn't an official single.

You sure about that, buddy? You've been saying a lot of things that just aren't correct tonight. Might wanna check your facts/take things into consideration first.

It was a Promotional single bro.

I know what I'm talking about.

Technically Battle Symphony isn't a single either, it's a promotional single.

You sure about that, buddy? You've been saying a lot of things that just aren't correct tonight. Might wanna check your facts/take things into consideration first.

LPL's definition of what is and isn't a single has always been complete bullshit TBH but I've unsuccessfully argued this way too many times to bother anymore, lol.

If it doesn't get released to radio, it's not a single. Period.

This is my favorite set the band has played in a while. Barring the encore, I love every bit of it, start to finish. The new version of LOATR, OSC intro, TTM, RU(!!!)/Catalyst. It's great. I just think the encore needs to be changed around, and do something with BIO to make it a better show closer.

I'm glad they finally debuted (part of) Roads Untraveled live. Even though I don't really care much for that song it's always nice to see the band playing something new. I like what they did to it too.
Talking To Myself is really great. First song from One More Light I don't dislike.
I'm still not a big fan of Castle Of Glass Experience. I wish they would play the album version again.
The live version of Good Goodbye feels a little weird to me, abruptly ending after the 3rd chorus. It would have been nice if they brought Chuck D and B-Real to each do a verse in the song. They are playing a bunch of shows with Prophets Of Rage. That could have worked.
I'm really sad with Lost In The Echo being shortened. I was really looking forward for the return of this song. I guess they just don't like playing it anymore but brought it back for the fans (like they did with Runaway on The Hunting Party tour).
I love that they finally got rid of the ballad medley and brought Leave Out All The Rest back. I've been waiting for this for a long time. This new version sounds great too. Looks like the band had a lot of fun with it.
That In The End intro was amazing. So much energy in the crowd. I loved it.

I hope there is a run of heavy songs at the end...it's so mellow. Started cool. Middle is a huge drag.
Exactly what I was thinking. I was cool but at the same time it was lacking energy. I guess it fits with the pop album thing though. It will be easier to fit other songs from One More Light in this setlist later.

LPL's definition of what is and isn't a single has always been complete bullshit TBH but I've unsuccessfully argued this way too many times to bother anymore, lol.

If it doesn't get released to radio, it's not a single. Period.

This.

Singles get released to radio.

This.

Singles get released to radio.

Right? It's not like you can just take LP's word for what is a single and isn't, they've literally referred to With You as a single in the past because...reasons? LOL.

Definitive list of Linkin Park singles, IMO:

One Step Closer

Crawling

Papercut

In the End

It's Goin' Down

Pts.of.Athrty/H! Vltg3 (this was, for all intents and purposes, a double-A-side single, although POA was the only one that ever got any promotion)

Somewhere I Belong

Faint

Numb

From the Inside

Breaking the Habit

Numb/Encore

What I've Done

Bleed it Out

Shadow of the Day

Given Up

Leave Out All the Rest

We Made It

New Divide

The Catalyst

Waiting for the End

Burning in the Skies

Iridescent

Burn it Down

Lost in the Echo

Castle of Glass

A Light That Never Comes

Guilty All the Same

Until It's Gone

Final Masquerade

Darker Than Blood

Heavy

Good Goodbye (I've seen conflicting reports as to whether or not this is actually getting released as a single, but I think the music video release is a pretty good indicator)