Battle Symphony Has Leaked Online

GlassCastles

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression LP is editing Genius. They took it over for Heavy.

On Genius, annotation in green are artist-verified unless otherwise stated elsewhere. That being said, Genius is pretty reliable because you don't have people upvoting random crap about music to be approved. It's based on a system of upvotes, so if someone's interpretation is completely off it'll be downvoted. March 17 is a Friday and that's usually when music is released, so it's more of an educated guess if anything. No one really knows if there are collaborators credited with the song either, it's just safest to assume that those were the three members of the band that wrote the track.

I love how Astat can talk crap to me, but when I reply, some moderator decides they have to remove my post. What's the deal here? Astat has free reign to talk crap, but I'm not allowed to reply to him? He acts like a know it all dickhead 90% of the time, but I guess that's ok. This place has become a joke. I guess as long as you love everything LP does and agree with the higher ups, you're all good.

The answer is very simple: we're all (staff, members, readers) prefer to read music-related comments and not a personal duel, but while Astat's smart enough to hide his opinion about you behind criticism (+ in the bottom of an actual comment) you're way too direct ("douche", "dick", "dickhead", etc.) with your counters and that's definitely unacceptable. Feel free to fly under the radar and reply, no action is taken as long as you both don't bother the other people who are using that site.

DEFINITELY nothing to do with your or his opinion about the music or the band.

I love how Astat can talk crap to me, but when I reply, some moderator decides they have to remove my post. What's the deal here? Astat has free reign to talk crap, but I'm not allowed to reply to him? He acts like a know it all dickhead 90% of the time, but I guess that's ok. This place has become a joke. I guess as long as you love everything LP does and agree with the higher ups, you're all good.

Take a chill pill. I've seen some of the mods give the new tracks a couple hits because they don't like Heavy or Battle Symphony. Don't put yourself on a pedestal either. You toss your insults around more than a salad. It doesn't make your opinions & insults any better than someone who enjoys the music or someone that calls you out on thorough inconsistencies (Astat of course). Its one thing to discuss and debate, its another to act like a 4 year old.

Yeah, so like I said...Astat gets to say whatever he wants because you know him, but that doesn't apply to others....seems fair.

The answer is very simple: we're all (staff, members, readers) prefer to read music-related comments and not a personal duel, but while Astat's smart enough to hide his opinion about you behind criticism (+ in the bottom of an actual comment) you're way too direct ("douche", "dick", "dickhead", etc.) with your counters and that's definitely unacceptable. Feel free to fly under the radar and reply, no action is taken as long as you both don't bother the other people who are using that site.

DEFINITELY nothing to do with your or his opinion about the music or the band.

Yeah, so like I said....Astat can say whatever he wants because you know him, but that doesn't apply to others....seems logical.

Take a chill pill. I've seen some of the mods give the new tracks a couple hits because they don't like Heavy or Battle Symphony. Don't put yourself on a pedestal either. You toss your insults around more than a salad. It doesn't make your opinions & insults any better than someone who enjoys the music or someone that calls you out on thorough inconsistencies (Astat of course). Its one thing to discuss and debate, its another to act like a 4 year old.

I've never insulted anyone on here, other than Astat. And the only reason I do, is because he always has some wise ass, I'm smarter than you, thing to say to me. So do me a favor, spare me the bs about my behavior.

Edited by castro78

Yeah, so like I said....Astat can say whatever he wants because you know him, but that doesn't apply to others....seems logical.

No, I was very clear about what you both (basically all of us here) can or can't do and how. I don't think that there's any point to explain it again so you can just reread my reply if you haven't understood my explanation.

No, I was very clear about what you both (basically all of us here) can or can't do and how. I don't think that there's any point to explain it again so you can just reread my reply if you haven't understood my explanation.

Whatever dude....moving on. I don't honestly care that much. Used to love this band and this site.... now the music is garbage and the site has become a bunch of little kids freaking out every time someone unearths some horrible demo. LP could literally release the worst music ever and somebody would tell you how epic it is.

Edited by castro78

Whatever dude....moving on. I don't honestly care that much. Used to love this band and this site.... now the music is garbage and the site has become a bunch of little kids freaking out every time someone unearths some horrible demo. LP could literally release the worst music ever and somebody would tell you how epic it is.

Was MTM also your favorite LP album?

It's called having an opinion...? I think this is an amazing song, just because I like it doesn't make me or anyone a little kid.

It's called having an opinion...? I think this is an amazing song, just because I like it doesn't make me or anyone a little kid.

I don't care what people like or don't like.you like this, cool. I think it's pure pop garbage. Both of these songs are huge steps backwards for the band. Why make crappy pop songs? Why bring in outside writers? You can hear the influence of these people who are typically writing songs for Katy Perry and Bieber. Why would they want to go that route? People can say what they want, but this is all Mike and Brad. They're so obsessed with each album sounding different, that they don't care what that different sound actually is. These songs will be awful at concerts. Who knows if they'll even play them. They don't play much of their current album on tours these days anyway. Whatever, I'm done with this topic. Enjoy the music.

This is pretty bad. It's not too unexpected, but personally I really hate this vibe. I always hated it in other pop songs. I really like a lot of pop music, but it has to be creative, good and authentic. This sounds like typical generic machine made pop. I don't really get angry though, LP was always a commercial and somewhat poppy band. They just took out whatever edge they had from the rock sound or experimental sound, and what's left of their sound is just too cookie-cutter and bland for me.

I like the minor-vibe of Heavy more, it fits the band better. But sill, I don't like Heavy.

It doesn't help these songs that Chester's vocal delivery is so squeaky and high. It doesn't really surprise me though, this is how he's sounded live for years, and also on THP when he wasn't yelling or screaming. Remember the verses of Guilty All The Same?

It seems he really embraced his naturally high register voice in recent years. It's even prominent when comparing old interviews to new interviews. Good for him personally, because he probably isn't making his voice sound lower anymore on purpose, but having to prove something actually made for a better clean delivery in Chester's case. It had more depth and rasp, and it made the clean parts bearable.

Track titles on this album are quite deceiving and sometimes don't resemble them in terms of music. Like when you see Victimized and all you got is LOATR-esque song. On previous albums they somehow made it "balance" between relating titles with lyrics and music.

I have to disagree. "Heavy" is a good name, because it sort of works on more levels. It's the most prominent word of the chorus obviously, but it also matches the vibe of the "heavy" lyrics pretty well. At the same time, I think they were very aware of the irony of the name, which makes it the perfect statement for the first single of an album like this. It's sort of a meta-title.

It's like Adele releasing "Hello" after years of silence. It's a line from the song, but it was obviously also saying "Hello, it's me" (I'm back) to the world.

It's like Adele releasing "Hello" after years of silence. It's a line from the song, but it was obviously also saying "Hello, it's me" (I'm back) to the world.

This remind me of "Welcome" by FM: p

About the song ... I understand that is not THAT bad, but definitely not my cup of tea. I mean, I did not like "Heavy" at first, but after a couple of listens it grew on me, the vibe of the song, the chorus is catchy and other stuff too. I can not feel the same with BS. I'm afraid of saying something wrong ... but it seems even more overproduced and I did not like the final result. Still, waiting for the rest of the album, especially One More Light - the song itself.

I don't know. At first I was really dissapointed. Of course, I knew that this album was gonna sound like some mainstream radio friendly pop music, but somehow I hoped that it wouldn't be that poppy. Well, my hope was for nothing, since this once again is pure mainstream radio music.

With that said, I kinda like some parts of this song. Actually it started to grow on me. The chords are pretty nice and Chester delivers some good vocals. I just heard the previews of Talking to Myself and One More Light as well, and even though they are poppy as well, I am really looking forward to these songs. They sound beautiful.

Still hate Heavy though, but hey, a lot of people seem to like it, so no probs.

What a unremarkable song, just down the middle pop song that will be forgotten in a few weeks after release...

I mean it's slightly catchy and not terrible, but just so generic.

What i liked about LP when I got into them all those years back was that they had a distinct sound.

Change is always inevitable, I just wish they changed into something less vanilla.

I really like how they release the lyrics first, then the full song.

So Battle Symphony won't be a single.. I wonder how many tracks we'll get before 19 May

Well since we got Heavy in February, now Battle Symphony in March. I'm going to just guess that we'll get Invisible in April, and then that's it until the album is released in May. Edited by Justin