All the world in front of me

If my armor breaks

I'll fuse it back together

Battle symphony

Please just don't give up on me

And my eyes are wide awake

For my battle symphony

For my battle symphony

I don't mind the song at all. But it feels weak compared to what lp can do this and heavy are really week songs I'd expect more from them considering how long they spent on this album. Song has nice beat but beat is like something mike could come up with in a day easy. Like i said don't mind the song at all but the music so far is really weak from them

What the hell happened to this band? Seriously, what happened to making original songs that made you want to listen to them over and over again? This sounds like pure garbage. I've lost any hope for this album at this point. Mike saying that everything he was hearing on the radio sounded the same, and then releasing this crap a few years later is the definition of hypocrisy.

Edited by castro78

idk how to feel currently. On one sde I like this, I listen to a lot of pop music and had a popular act record this and Heavy, I really wouldn't mind. But on the other side the direction and era is handled pretty traditional on their side so far.

I dearly hope the actual album has some more uptempo tracks, I know midtempo's are hot in the commercial landscape, but I rather have a good balance.

I'm sad. Really.

I think it's the time to slow down my fanaticism for the band.

Years following them everyday, expecting new music, and then they come with this. I'm disappointed and it's bringing me down.

I think... i'll try to care less.

The only thing I wish though is that they would just come clean and just say they were aiming for a commercial record. I mean you don't hire Justin Tranter, the hottest popsongwriter, just because you wanted to try a different approach. I am fine if they just wanted to target to radio/streaming and just see how it goes. But the fact Mike bashed the stuff on the radio and made the biggest 180 and even makes poppier stuff than the examples he gave at that time, just feels odd. This whole era doesn't add up so far, with what they say and what they want us to believe. That's the only thing I am dissapointed about.

I feel I will end up pretty much loving the album, but I also can understand why people are dissapointed with the material so far. It's not that is is different, but it is just really molded and created to get some traction commercially, something they didn't really cared that much for the last few eras and randomly now are overdoing in the most generic way possible.

But it is what it is, they probably keep up the stories about the making of the album and try to sell it that way. I will just try to enjoy what they have to offer and for all we know they pull an other 180 for the next record and release something completely different and unexpected.

I must say the material is catchy and keeps getting stuck in my head, both Heavy and Battle Symphony

I have very mixed feelings and thoughts on this album cycle. With the style of the photoshoots they've been doing and the big Kerrang interview that has been released lately, what I gathered from it was that I felt like it was going to be a MTM Pt 2 album, but created in a much shorter space of time than it took to create between Meteora and MTM. I love MTM as an album. It's now starting to look like a Living Things Pt2 in terms of style and production.

I agree with a lot of people talking about the quality and structure of the songs on ATS which is a stunning album, they could have at least pushed themselves on their songwriting for this album. It doesn't feel like they pushed themselves for this album like they did with ATS. I feel like this is just something Mike & Chester could have written by themselves in the studio in about an hour. Despite being such a "personal" album to the band, I can't really feel it, maybe I have to listen to the whole album to get it.

I also agree with people saying how Mike has been hypocritical about the state of music and "pop" music over the last few years and then release Heavy and Battle Symphony. I guess the definition of pop music has changed a lot over the years and what dominates the chart. Back in the day when it used to be Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd dominating the charts and they certainly aren't "pop music".

LP have always been popular in terms of popularity as they've been around for 16 years roughly and sold millions albums worldwide and toured arenas off the back of the debut album. In terms "popular" musically then this is certainly that. Easy on the ears, simple melodies and structures, for a wide audience. Times change, people change, get over it.

The intro to this song though is amazing - totally digging the Malibu/Venice Beach vibe.

It's an interesting song, not what I expected. I enjoy it for the most part. I do like Heavy more at the moment, though. My biggest problem for now is the lyrics. After the band talked about the writing process so much I expected something a bit better than what we've heard so far.

Edited by Mesck547

I hate it. I hate it so much.

Hearing Chester's clean vocal delivery is nice and refreshing, but that's about the only positive thing about this song in my opinion.

Hate the instrumental, hate how this sounds like no one else in the band contributed to this, rather sounds like something Mike made screwing around with sounds.

I could rant about how much it pisses me off with how they handled the THP promotion and now release this type of music, but I honestly just feel deflated and disappointed.

Every other LP release asides from this and Heavy I WANTED to smash the replay button over and over. This includes The Catalyst, GATS, BID and even LGM. This just actually makes me cringe and I feel like I'm forcing myself to hit the replay button in hopes that it'll grow on me.

But this..something about this uninspired style and the way the band approached marketing this album and not just being straight up honest with their intentions really killed my hype for the album.

I'm just waiting for a song with Mike vocals to see if I enjoy that better but we'll see. I have a feeling "Sorry For Now" is going to sound very similar to this song instrumentation wise.

Edited by Catalyst619

-I like this song more than Heavy. It sounds like something LP could have put out at any point in their career unlike Heavy which to me screams "we'll do anything to be on the radio again".

- I enjoy Chesters 's clean vocals, however, the instrumental is very poor. If they had all the melodies and lyrics first (which Mike said was the process this time around), I can't believe all they could come up with for the music was a beat Mike probably made in 5 minutes.

I'm still not expecting anything from this album. It's still sad that they went from a record like THP (in which at least they pushed themselves musically) to making songs like this.

Collectively, these two songs have the most basic instrumentation possibly in the band's career on main studio albums (obviously excluding H! Vltg3). In Between might be the exclusion to that statement.

Both songs sound like the music was an extremely early demo form of what they wanted, something Mike made in a few minutes. Usually we see LP pushing their boundaries on song instrumentation and structures (Nobody's Listening, Valentine's Day, TLTGYA, all of ATS, most of LT even though I dislike that album, a good bit of THP like ALTS/MTG). This is just crap.

I think a lot of the disappointment from the fanbase comes from that. It isn't that they went pop. It just sounds uninspired as hell. Even if the vocals are a little off, they usually have fantastic instrumentals. Not the case at all this time.

If there aren't strong songs on the album this will be another living things cycle small tour of album n back in studio quick cause I can't see this album doing anything. Lp is not cool to like in the so called mainstream so won't do that great there and old fans will hate it if all tracks are like this. Can't help but feel this is gonna be awkward for lp