Battle Symphony Has Leaked Online

GlassCastles

"The dude, he said that, like when we were making the first Linkin Park record he was like, "Yeah you know, I don't know about the rapping like, I don't know... maybe you should just be a rock band." You know what I mean, like, trying to change us. Like they signed us as an act like what we sound like and then he's like, "Oh I don't know maybe you should just play keyboard"..."

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The dude, he said that, like when we were making the first Linkin Park record he was like, "Yeah you know, I don't know about the rapping like, I don't know... maybe you should just be a rock band." You know what I mean, like, trying to change us. Like they signed us as an act like what we sound like and then he's like, "Oh I don't know maybe you should just play keyboard"..."

This. So much this.

I just wonder why it took them a while with studio updates etc. when I am sure most of these songs were written in a matter of minutes. Some of the songwriters that contributed, write songs as their daily business. The production itself feels uninspired and basic. I really wonder if they just made up that whole big explaination about the album process, while this album is actually just a quickie to atleast have a record out. Even some songs on mmm...cookies - Sweet Hamster Like Jewels From America! sound like there went more thought into that, than there went into this album. This is the first LP record ever where I am so torn about basically everything.

WBR has literally 0% influence on what LP sounds like and the band is lucky they have a label like that. LP has full creative control and does whatever they want, sometimes making the label upset in the process. This started for I believe MTM as they had immense pressure on them for HT and also the followup Meteora. For example, picking Catalyst and GATS as leading songs from the albums. WBR may recommend Final Masquerade or something, but LP decides it in the end. WBR is just a channel to help the band release their music and promote it worldwide, and they support whatever the band does because they trust LP will make something good. They don't say "ok you have to make pop"; that was a conscious decision by Mike. This is what the demos were like before THP, I guess.

The production itself feels uninspired and basic.

Agreed.

This all feels like it was written Nd recorded in a week like yep that works. I'm not getting a feel of a album that had heart n soul pored into it like the band said it was. Bland lyrics and simple beats I'm disappointed. They wanna go pop cool then give me something like shadow of the day at least something that i can hear the band trying and growing

Meh, better than Heavy, still generic and boring. I just find it strange that after all the fame, money, etc etc... What makes LP get together and decide to make the most mainstream album ever? I'd have thought that if I were a musician at that stage of my career, I'd be making whatever I want to make, regardless of how pop(ular) it is. Anyway...

Also must suck that a single would leak just days after the first single's music video came out, not good.

Omg. I hate this new song. I thought that Heavy is pop but this.....

"I ran outside to see, it’s not 2003
Turned on the radio it’s so confusing

Rappers were singing
And Rockers DJ’ing
There’s no guitars on the songs that they’re playing " Good Charloote - 40 oz.Dream

I already mentioned it in the shoutbox, but another problem I see with the two songs so far is, that they could be from any other artist.

When I was listening to Battle Symphony for the first time, my first thought was: "This could also be a Katy Perry song". You don't have to change anything. Just replace Chesters voice. Done.

I have the same feeling with Heavy. You can take any other pop artist, replace the vocal line and you have a song.

While LP wrote quite a few "pop" songs in their career already, I can't imagine the same thing with any other song.

The two songs sound so much like a product of the pop industry to appeal to the masses with no uniqueness and nothing outstanding.

Well I've learned something from heavy n battle synphony..it's that lp should bloody ditch new way of recording go back to working on the music first then writing lyrics to fit the song. They worked harder on lyrics this time and you can't really tell that. they worked on music last and you can tell as instrumentals are weak go back to working hard on the actual song structure

Edited by HAARP

From the song title I was hoping that the song will be something great, but again it is what it is. It's a pretty weak song. It feels like it was done by force, just to complete the album tracklist. It's so boring. I've listened to it a couple of times and already have enough of it.

Well I've learned something from heavy n battle synphony..it's that lp should bloody ditch new way of recording go back to working on the music first then writing lyrics to fit the song. They worked harder on lyrics this time and you can't really tell that. they worked on music last and you can tell as instrumentals are weak go back to working hard on the actual song structure

The way how they worked and wrote the lyrics sounded very complicated and I'm like "Sometimes the easy way is the better way"

You can argue and say that they wanted to try something by changing the way they write music, but I don't really see this in Heavy and now Battly Symphony.

You can clearly see how they approached MTM back in 2007 and you felt it that they changed something in the way they wrote the music. The same with ATS, you could see that they worked differently.

The way how they worked and wrote the lyrics sounded very complicated and I'm like "Sometimes the easy way is the better way"

You can argue and say that they wanted to try something by changing the way they write music, but I don't really see this in Heavy and now Battly Symphony.

You can clearly see how they approached MTM back in 2007 and you felt it that they changed something in the way they wrote the music. The same with ATS, you could see that they worked differently.

Yeah i can agree with that when i heard MTM and ATS i felt the band growing but with heavy and battle synphony i feel like they have took a massive step backwards

They didn't really worked harder on the lyrics, you don't hire the songwriter involved with Britney and Selena Gomez if you want to invest in your lyrical content. If that was the case they would have hired Linda Perry or even Dianne Warren, people who are commercial, but have also done work for more alternative projects or movie scores/soundtracks etc. It just seems Mike (and the band) wanted to record a poppy album and arranged everything to make that happen, including a feaux story that has to make us believe that they had hour long conversations that led to inspiration to write these lyrics. :lol: I mean I can take a lot, I can believe a lot, but I just can't believe the story after what we have heard so far -_-

Unlike most people here, I like the song. My main issue with it is that, like with Heavy, I feel that Chester is consciously softening his voice rather than just singing the song. It's hard to explain. Somebody on LPL said Chester on Heavy had an "intentionally sensitive voice". It's present here too.

Totally hate this song, even when I'm ok with the genre. Chester's vocals didn't fit with those new songs, sounds a little fake. I got this feeling that Linkin Park is TRYING TOO HARD!

Kiiara, on Heavy, sounds super natural instead of Chester and his akward fisrt verse!!!

Chance of Rain is quite similar in structure and just blows this the FUCK out of the water. I like it, everything LP does grows on me, always.

I can truly see in this one how the melodies (and maybe words) came first, the instrumental sounds so uninspired and tacked on.

I'm looking forward to the other tracks, especially Sorry For Now, but this is not something I want to actually put on repeat.

The intro is awesome. We believe that the live version will be much better than the album. Hopefully soon to hear on the concerts.

And by the way anyone else noticed the intro? We heard it before, I think it was on some lpu video?

Edited by michalangelo

Chance of Rain is quite similar in structure and just blows this the FUCK out of the water.

Yeah. That's also the MTM era, lol, where anything they made was pretty damn good by any standard.

The videos and interviews done for this process, especially this super long FB live video where they announced LPU, made it sound like these lyrics were going to be super great. Better than any lyrics they've done before, because they sure talked like it. Maybe the best LP lyrics...like some WTCFM level type shit but applying it to a pop song and with Chester, not Mike.

Instead, these are arguably quite weak.