Battle Symphony Has Leaked Online

GlassCastles

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expected it to sound something Red's Shadow and Soul or Skillet's Not Gonna Die have when I read the word "symphony". But after knowing that Heavy is not that "heavy", I doubt it would happen.

You really expected that after all we've heard and seen of the album so far and the process that went into it?

Also, despite everyone continually pointing it out, I don't think the title Heavy was intended to be ironic.

I really, really like the song. Chester sounds a lot better on this compared to Heavy, where he was easily outshined by Kiiara. The little synth/vocal loop is pretty interesting, and I LOVE the strings that show up in the stripped down chorus after the bridge. Really nice touch there.

Wow this is atrociously bad. Not sure what to even say about it.

What happened to the instruments? Sounds like a ProTools demo made in 10 minutes. Even Lockjaw (LPU Demo) sounds like it had more time spent on it.

Lockjaw is freaking awesome. It's my favorite LP instrumental.

You really expected that after all we've heard and seen of the album so far and the process that went into it?

Also, despite everyone continually pointing it out, I don't think the title Heavy was intended to be ironic.

Wishing there is a bit of twist within the album.

I think the song is about rehab.

First verse is reflecting on the road ahead, his struggles, and the last overdose that led to him being admitted.

Turning down the lights refers to the lights in a rehab clinic at night.

The chorus is about having..well the whole world in front of him, and his struggle to clean up and take advantage of that (armor breaks, please don't give up). Eyes being wide awake referring to him seeing his addictions for what they are now that he's free from their influence.

Second verse is his inner demons talking to him. The voice that puts the pain in reverse being someone that's a positive and encouraging force in his life (his wife? kids?)

Bridge is about him fighting back from relapses.

Now it's possible that I just had too much time on my hands and I read too far into this song... but I just wrote these possibilities as I listened to the song in real time. It's how I chose to make sense of the lyrics.

Any confirmation that they are picking their own singles? As late as Living Things Mike danced around the question with frustration at a listening party saying we should ask (a name I've forgotten) how they pick singles.

The song name is badass and that's about it. Somebody mentioned it, sounds like a summer vibe song when I was in high school. I don't dial up an LP song for that. Would just bring up an radio station for something similar.

Any confirmation that they are picking their own singles? As late as Living Things Mike danced around the question with frustration at a listening party saying we should ask (a name I've forgotten) how they pick singles.

I legit might get in trouble or something said to me if someone sees this but I can confirm absolutely that LP picked GATS, Catalyst, and Heavy. Beyond that, I don't know specifics but I have been told several times LP has full creative control over the singles and sometimes goes against the label's wishes for the selection of singles.

That's interesting about Living Things. I don't know about Burn It Down, maybe WBR really pushed them to pick BID or something. If they do another listening party I think someone should ask it. Then again, WBR really wanted Final Masq first for THP and LP said nope it's going to be GATS.

Oh weird, you skip over all the other criticisms, and choose to quote only me. Shocking. As usual, I don't mention you, but you just can't help being a douche, and have to mention me. I'm sorry that my opinions bother you so much.

Didn't realize it was a personal attack against you to use the Quote button on a public forum, LOL. You think I pick and choose your criticisms out of everything? You're fucking delusional. You always have been. This is a 5-page discussion with very few replies that I deemed worthy of individual response, and elected to address my thoughts on a variety of opinions posed in this thread via the general statement before your post that I quoted, which was the only post in the thread expressing your particular viewpoint.

Compare that with the 24-page monstrosity the LPA topic has grown into and the cesspool of garbage I had to wade through to make it to the end, and you end up with this: http://www.lpassociation.com/forum/threads/linkin-park-battle-symphony-full-song-leaked-online.42896/page-24#post-1424529

But no, I TOTALLY just have it out for you. Keep on thinking that.

Didn't realize it was a personal attack against you to use the Quote button on a public forum, LOL. You think I pick and choose your criticisms out of everything? You're fucking delusional. You always have been. This is a 5-page discussion with very few replies that I deemed worthy of individual response, and elected to address my thoughts on a variety of opinions posed in this thread via the general statement before your post that I quoted, which was the only post in the thread expressing your particular viewpoint.

Compare that with the 24-page monstrosity the LPA topic has grown into and the cesspool of garbage I had to wade through to make it to the end, and you end up with this: http://www.lpassociation.com/forum/threads/linkin-park-battle-symphony-full-song-leaked-online.42896/page-24#post-1424529

But no, I TOTALLY just have it out for you. Keep on thinking that.

Thank you Astat for that reply! I read your replied on that LPA thread. hahah. it's like "slap in the face" comment. i'm 100% agree with you.

Noticed something big. Heavy was stuck on my mind the second I heard it. This, not so much. That doesn't mean I don't like it, but replay value may not be as strong as Heavy. That being said, the song is still pretty damn great. The synths have me hooked from the getgo and the lyrics definitely have a nice twist from usual LP. Big props to the amazing bridge. I'm completely captured by that part and would have loved for it to repeat somewhere in the final chorus, but for what the song is, easily give it an 8/10. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but this album is looking to be a favorite. Onto the next track

Edited by Broman

I'm my 6th spin so far. Can't say this about Heavy....

Production-wise this song is fucking stellar! You can't fucking make this in few minutes.

Exactly. I'm laughing so hard when someone saying that Mike could make this in five minutes..

I love how Astat can talk crap to me, but when I reply, some moderator decides they have to remove my post. What's the deal here? Astat has free reign to talk crap, but I'm not allowed to reply to him? He acts like a know it all dickhead 90% of the time, but I guess that's ok. This place has become a joke. I guess as long as you love everything LP does and agree with the higher ups, you're all good.