New Linkin Park Single "Heavy" Out February 16

RogueSoul

Sounds like a generic pop song. The lyrics are ridiculous for a bunch of 40 year old men.

What does that mean? Justin Timberlake is a 35 year old married father, and he makes pop exclusively. Adam Levine is 37 and Maroon 5 is way way further into pop territory than a song like Heavy is.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So now we're comparing LP to Timberlake and Maroon 5?? That's who you think they fit in with. Because that's ridiculous.

You completely misinterpreted what he said. He was referring to your comment about their age, not the "genre" you think they fall into.

Let's be honest, they wrote a record in THP that wasn't received great, and didn't sell great either. So they decided to go back to a BID type tune to appeal to the masses again. I get it, I just don't like it. Maybe the rest of the record is different. Who knows.

Let's be honest, they wrote a record in THP that wasn't received great, and didn't sell great either. So they decided to go back to a BID type tune to appeal to the masses again. I get it, I just don't like it. Maybe the rest of the record is different. Who knows.

They make the music they love and you can't judge them like you know them personally or something .

Also, this doesn't resemble BID at all

Excuse me if I missed this, but is there a official time of release?

@one of the staff members: Maybe it's an idea to post a time table/overview with the important times and event linked to it (eg. 7am Mike at KROQ)

Edited by ThePretender

Honestly, some of you will go crazy. I matter what they put out. I get it, but that's not me.

Great. It's simple. You like it? Listen. Don't like it? Don't listen. Easy. But you can't force the band to do music based on your favourite.

Nobody Can Save Me

by Linkin Park

Not Available

Good Goodbye

by Linkin Park

Not Available

Talking to Myself

by Linkin Park

Not Available

Battle Symphony

by Linkin Park

Not Available

Invisible

by Linkin Park

Not Available

Heavy [Explicit]

by Linkin Park and Kiiara

Not Available

Sorry for Now

by Linkin Park

Not Available

Halfway Right

by Linkin Park

Not Available

One More Light

by Linkin Park

Not Available

Sharp Edges

by Linkin Park

What does that mean? Justin Timberlake is a 35 year old married father, and he makes pop exclusively. Adam Levine is 37 and Maroon 5 is way way further into pop territory than a song like Heavy is.

To be fair, their lyrics are way too simplistic too.

I don't hold any grudge to pop in general. But aside from emulating a generic pop song without the use of like 6 producers (like some other artist do), sounds like something that anyone else could have wrote. Kudos to them for proving that you don't need that many people to produce a song like that.

But, The lyrics aren't nothing spectacular, the melody is short and repetitive (Aside from the intro is nothing to write homework about), and I certainly dislike the post-production on the voices. I wasn't expecting too much, so I'm not that dissapointed.

I just hope that non-single songs have a bit more complexity on them (musically-lyrically), or at least some spice that makes them stand out as something that couldn't been done by literally anyone on today's mainstream music.