New Linkin Park Single "Heavy" Out February 16

RogueSoul

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This set of clips / teasers for Heavy have been a roller coaster for me.

Loved the piano clip with Mike partially singing.

REALLY disliked the way Chester was singing in the "lyrics" clip.

Then the "drum idea" clip came out and the bit of instrumental we heard really got me excited. Then Chester's voice comes in.. "like my mind right now". Instantly kills the hype.

Then the twitter clip of Kiiara singing comes out along with the released lyrics, and I actually enjoyed her voice more than Chester's with the way he was singing. The melody is a little bit catchy, but the way he sings "if I just let go I'll be set free" just kills it for me.

And now the final clip just made me realize how much I hate Chester singing it in this style. On top of that it sounds really messy to me. I'm really hoping it comes across much smoother on the finished product and that hopefully Kiiara does at least sing a verse or be very audible in the chorus.

I'll reserve judgement until the release but for the first time ever, I'm really nervous about an LP release.

Edited by Catalyst619

This song is going to hit radio hard. I predict nothing tomorrow though, since "one more" is probably the single.

This set of clips / teasers for Heavy have been a roller coaster for me.

I'll reserve judgement until the release but for the first time ever, I'm really nervous about an LP release.

Definitely it will sound better. This clip was Chester singing raw in the studio. He'll sound better on the final song.

[...]

And now the final clip just made me realize how much I hate Chester singing it in this style. On top of that it sounds really messy to me. I'm really hoping it comes across much smoother on the finished product and that hopefully Kiiara does at least sing a verse or be very audible in the chorus.

I agree on this. Also his voice does sound kinda weak if you ask me. It's far away from what it used to be even 7 years ago when ATS got released.

This song is going to hit radio hard. I predict nothing tomorrow though, since "one more" is probably the single.

Definitely it will sound better. This clip was Chester singing raw in the studio. He'll sound better on the final song.

exactly! This wasn't a final recording, cause he isn't singing right on the beat I think. Plus, the final vocals will have a lot processing

Linkin Park will go live on Facebook, Thursday at 12pm Los Angeles Time "for a special Live event"(as they said on Fb). What we should expect? An album announcement or a live performance of Heavy?

Probably just the band talking about Heavy. Possibly album title revealed. Don't expect much more than that, since the last Facebook live event for LPU16 was boring as hell and had little to no details about anything at all except for a bunch of rejected songs that never made the cut for their respective albums.

I was really excited after hearing Mike on the piano. I'm unsure about how the lyrics seem to flow it sounds a little off in the clips we've seen but obviously they're from an earlier stage of the process.

My feelings right now are just curiosity. The synth sounds a little odd so I'm just intrigued as to how it sounds as a finished product but I wouldn't really say I'm hyped

terrible lyrics, imo. LP really shined in ATS.. after that... not so much unfortunately.. not crazy about LT or THP. At this point, I just want a catchy LP

It's going to be catchy, lyrics aside. The melody and beat will be catchy I'm willing to bet.

Based on all the clips, I Still think the song sounds generic and boring but that's a pretty cool album title. I can dig that. No strong opinions over the new logo. Same shit but within a hexagon. People are going insane over it though so I guess they're on to something.

Funny how LP is dropping a song tomorrow and going pop while incubus (who's been mellow for a while now) is also dropping a song tomorrow and apparently their new stuff isn't going to be mellow. This is such an ass backwards year of music for me.

Edited by Hybrid1988

Based on all the clips, I Still think the song sounds generic and boring but that's a pretty cool album title. I can dig that. No strong opinions over the new logo. Same shit but within a hexagon. People are going insane over it though so I guess they're on to something.

Funny how LP is dropping a song tomorrow and going pop while incubus (who's been mellow for a while now) is also dropping a song tomorrow and apparently their new stuff isn't going to be mellow. This is such an ass backwards year of music for me.

I like it because it's not a completely new logo, it's still the same LP, but different. That's cool to me.