LPUnderground 15 Has Launched!

RogueSoul

For M&G, they'll provide a special laminate/tag. Also, M&G only for selected people. Those LPU15 laminate is just for collection and can be use for Early Entry to LP shows.

If I don't have the LPU15 laminate I can't get the Early Access?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone already renewed their LPU membership with package?

I just did too :)

I knew I heard "Animals" somewhere else, folder "Animals" is in Stagelight Linkin Park Edition, LPU 15 CD is okay, 6 cool songs and another 6 more to come....we can still look forward for new LPU music, thats great idea

i don't want to buy bundle because:

i don't like this t-shirt

i don't like this laminate

i don't need this guitar pick

cd is already in internet

so i prefer digital membership :P

Me too but I just want the physical copy of LPU15 CD. They only offer "Digital". Sigh

Loving Animals, it took a couple listens to get sold on Chance of Rain, I really like the ending with the harmonizing. Those two songs alone were good enough for me, the others are cool to hear what they might have been working on though, Good LPU, got the $10 package cause i'm broke haha.

Got the digital download and I have to say I'm pretty happy with the tracks. Animals and Chance of Rain are awesome, Basil and the Pods are nice to listen to when you're listening to the entire thing. Plus, I like what the LPU has to offer this year, especially streaming the entire LPU catalog. My membership expired back in September, finally took the time to renew it.

Ok so after listening to them here's my short review:

1. Animals - The instrumental sounds just like an LPU release. The lyrics are good but the style/flow is what Mike was stuck doing repetitively during the LT era. Probably all Mike and clearly intended to have some other lyrics added, but I'm not sure how Chester would fit in there other than for a bridge.

2. Basil - I like this interlude (calling it that because of the length). Could have maybe worked on TRT or even Meteora. I like the lyrics.

3. Pods 1 of 3 - I'm really into post-rock now so I'm digging this one. Sounds like a film soundtrack/score, which is surprising for the time period of 1998. Interested in hearing the story behind these three

4. Pods 2 of 3 - If Mr. Hahn had any input on these tracks, it would have been this one. A continuation of the prior one, so it's similar at first. The second part of it isn't anything big though.

5. Pods 3 of 3 - These should have just been one track to be real here. This one is the least interesting because it's so repetitive. Cut out a few layers and it could be a decent beat for a full song.

6. Chance of Rain - The very beginning sounds like the soundtrack to Megaman 8. Finally some Chester action. This was 2006, around the same time as QWERTY, let that set in for a second. I like how it builds at least. Lyrics are alright but could be better. Chester sounds pretty relaxed which is nice, close to his vocals in the first part of Valentine's Day/SOTD. That bridge should not be there, and be replaced with a guitar line instead of the dial-up modem.

Looking forward to the next six songs, which probably haven't been picked yet.

So, my subscription still has some months left, so not renewing yet. I am not liking this plot twist though. I love to collect the LPU CD's, and it is a challenge since I have just been a LPU member for a few years. But now they give 6 tracks on CD (or digital) and just share the rest digitally. I guess I have to deal.

Looking forward to the next six songs, which probably haven't been picked yet.

Mike picked them all several months ago.

So we don't have a "track by track" this year?

The LPU is working on something for that.

Maybe they'll do video just like last year with Brad. Maybe this time Mike or Chester.

Hope so!

The CD is cool, I don't necessarily have a problem with it. It's hard to explain, I think the same type of stuff every year is making people have unrealistic expectations. People really want Pictureboard, I even saw someone on Twitter ask Lorenzo about the Meteora "b-side", etc. And then we have a second half to wait for. People aren't a big fan it seems, no matter how good a few of the tracks are. All the instrumentals really drive people crazy I think too lol.

But from what we can tell, LP doesn't have this incredibly big collection of demos with vocals. Chester used to be the last thing to go on any track so there surely isn't a ton with him vocally left in the catalogue. Here's the thing - they obviously don't want to release Pictureboard or the Meteora b-side or anything SUPER rare. If they aren't interested in it, that's fine with me. Maybe they come out someday, maybe not. I still enjoy this format on the CD more than any other format. I'll take these demos any day of the week over a live release or something like remixes.

As far as the release goes, I think it could be improved. 6 on CD and 6 digital means 6 don't get a CD release, and maybe they only release mp3 and not FLAC of the songs. FMM did all digital, so none got a CD release. Needtobreathe does a really cool thing that I like. For their fanclub, they release 12 digitally a year (so one per month) and at the end of the year, they mail you a CD with all 12 songs. And then there are 2 bonus tracks on there that no one ever knew about, as a total surprise. 14. Pretty neat.