LPUnderground 15 Has Launched!

RogueSoul

I'm not misunderstood, and I'm not overreacting.

https://www.facebook.com/lplive/posts/10153852624648267

If you're listening to a Youtube stream, the person who uploaded it is the one who did the pirating, not you.

If you already bought the fucking CD and are just looking for a download of it to hold you over because LPU stupidly didn't offer a digital copy to people who purchased it, that's LPU's problem, not yours.

And Flame XIII literally pointed out that they didn't like the physical package items, so they preferred the digital membership. Not sure what you're taking away from that post.

Sorry, but you ARE overreacting, because as far as I see, you didn't even cite anything that actually constitutes "piracy." If you really think listening to a stream of something you already legally purchased is wrong, I don't think there's advice in the world that can help you.

Edited by Astat

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're listening to a Youtube stream, the person who uploaded it is the one who did the pirating, not you.

If you already bought the fucking CD and are just looking for a download of it to hold you over because LPU stupidly didn't offer a digital copy to people who purchased it, that's LPU's problem, not yours.

And Flame XIII literally pointed out that they didn't like the physical package items, so they preferred the digital membership. Not sure what you're taking away from that post.

Sorry, but you ARE overreacting, because as far as I see, you didn't even cite anything that actually constitutes "piracy." If you really think listening to a stream of something you already legally purchased is wrong, I don't think there's advice in the world that can help you.

This is literally the essence of what I was gonna say before I held my tongue.

I already admitted I overreacted after I posted it. I wasn't going to go back and edit it and pretend I didn't say it though.

What I said also wasn't meant to be a jab at any LP fan sites. The amount of traffic you get and how long you've been running is amazing, and I highly appreciate the exclusives you guys come across. I've even somewhat helped Derek with some CSS stuff before on his other site. And I highly agree that the way that LPU had been handled in the past did push people away (although I joined in 8 and remember it being pretty lively then, 100% agree with the LPUX part). The people I quoted also weren't entirely people I thought don't support the band, someone had just said they saw no talk at all about illigiamate listening and I was pointing it out, I did notice some said they bought the package. I just feel like sharing the LPU exclusive content not even a few days after it released isn't really fair. I understand you didn't upload it yourself, but you're still supporting that illegal upload and unfair spread of stuff LPU members DO pay for. No, the fan sites aren't responsible for the possible demise of LPU, and I never said that, I was just saying that the attention your post made is nothing to what the LPU actually receives

Also Astat, I believe you're also overreacting yourself, and just because it's through someone else and it's not technically pirating, it's still wrong and LPU still isn't getting support from it

• 2 weeks later...

Me: "I was wondering, the Early Access still exists on LPU XV? Because I can't find it on the description. Thanks in advance :)"

LPU: "Hey

Thanks for your note. The early entry benefit has been put on hold. Please stay tuned for more updates come 2016.
Best,
Jessica / LPU HQ"
:(
Edited by m-dallagata

Me: "I was wondering, the Early Access still exists on LPU XV? Because I can't find it on the description. Thanks in advance :)"

LPU: "Hey

Thanks for your note. The early entry benefit has been put on hold. Please stay tuned for more updates come 2016.

Best,
Jessica / LPU HQ"

That's not good. That's my favorite thing about the LPU. I hope they can work on something.

• 4 weeks later...