LPUnderground 15 Has Launched!

RogueSoul

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, about Mike vocals we had Asbestos and now Animals and Basil. Mike came with a lot of ideas for LP songs (if I'm not wrong, even Welcome was a idea for a LP song), so is more easy to get a unfinished demo with Mike on vocals than Chester. But the most of LP songs has Chester at least on chorus of the songs, so hardly we'll get a full song/demo with only Mike on vocals, except for the ones we know about (LOATR, TLTGYA, FM), if someday we get any of these ones. Surprises me a song as "Chance of Rain" with Chester on vocals and this makes me with hopes that LP has more close to finish demos that I thought.

Edited by kiq fLP

Well, about Mike vocals we had Asbestos and now Animals and Basil. Mike came with a lot of ideas for LP songs (if I'm not wrong, even Welcome was a idea for a LP song), so is more easy to get a unfinished demo with Mike on vocals than Chester. But the most of LP songs has Chester at least on chorus of the songs, so hardly we'll get a full song/demo with only Mike on vocals, except for the ones we know about (LOATR, TLTGYA, FM), if someday we get any of these ones. Surprises me a song as "Chance of Rain" with Chester on vocals and this makes me with hopes that LP has more close to finish demos that I thought.

Lots of songs are finished for MTM and as I can remember Rick Rubin want the vocals to be added early in the process to sdee how it sound.

So it's more realistic to get demos with vocals even unrelesad songs from 2006 onwards

Well, so we can get demos from MtM sessions with vocals. ATS sessions should have some demos with vocals too (Primo, for example, was scrapped for the album and reworked into I'll Be Gone, but, still sounds unfinished, is a demo with vocals afterall).

Edited by kiq fLP

Don't like the LPU 15 setup at all, but I haven't heard the tracks. The 'theme' of the new LPU is plain and boring, to me. How did you all get the downloads of the LPU CDs? And the LPU 15 CD digital download?

Nvm I found the LPU 15 but it's like $7 and for only the six tracks. Kinda dumb if you ask me.

Pods 1,2, and 3 are probably demos for 'Cure for the Itch'

No. Just no. Why do some people think every demo have to be a demo for something else even if it has nothing whatsoever in common with anything else?

Edited by Astat

It would be nice to have all 12 tracks on a CD at some point...

The quality of the digital download varied a lot over the years:

LPU 11 - mp3, 192 kbit/s

LPU 12 - mp3, 160 kbit(s

LPU 13 - lossless m4a

LPU 14 - mp3, 320 kbit/s

LPU 15 - mp3, 192 kbit/s

I don't know about the older releases but the point is that the CD was always a way to upgrade the quality of the digital download.

If we are not getting a CD for the next 6 additional songs they should at least release them in the best available digital quality.

LPU 11 - mp3, 192 kbit/s

LPU 12 - mp3, 160 kbit(s

LPU 13 - lossless m4a

LPU 14 - mp3, 320 kbit/s

LPU 15 - mp3, 192 kbit/s

I don't know about the older releases but the point is that the CD was always a way to upgrade the quality of the digital download.

If we are not getting a CD for the next 6 additional songs they should at least release them in the best available digital quality.

This.

All of this.

This is what I don't like about this. This is why I'm hesitant to spend my money on LPU15.

LPU 11 - mp3, 192 kbit/s

LPU 12 - mp3, 160 kbit(s

LPU 13 - lossless m4a

LPU 14 - mp3, 320 kbit/s

LPU 15 - mp3, 192 kbit/s

This is a little unfair, the price was always the same. Now it costs less, but that's because there are 6 tracks instead of 10.

When I first saw the size of each mp3 file, I thought they are in 320 kbps quality. That's because they just save (too big) artwork cover inside the mp3 file, what makes the each file weighs almost 3MB more.

Whoever re-encoded the files to mp3, just use iTunes "dedicated" settings instead of custom, where you can set the 320 quality.

http://s9.postimg.org/v1904wwpb/080.png

I'm really surprised by how many of you blatantly announce you pirate the LPU CDs. Support the band and the fanclub for fucks sake, otherwise it's probably not going to be around much longer. Super disappointed whoever runs the LPLive social media also supports this piracy, too.

I'm really surprised by how many of you blatantly announce you pirate the LPU CDs. Support the band and the fanclub for fucks sake, otherwise it's probably not going to be around much longer. Super disappointed whoever runs the LPLive social media also supports this piracy, too.

Did... did I miss something? I don't see anything in here that says people pirated the LPU CDs, and I'm pretty sure LPL Twitter/Facebook haven't openly supported it either.

Edited by SasstielExperience

Did... did I miss something? I don't see anything in here that says people pirated the LPU CDs, and I'm pretty sure LPL Twitter/Facebook haven't openly supported it either.

I assume he's misunderstood. He thinks those who got the LPU15 album in Digital Download form & burn into CD is piracy. Err.

I'm not misunderstood, and I'm not overreacting.

Counting down the minutes until a stream...

Why would you do that? you can still download the cd somewhere else.

i just did, but requested the CD instead of digital download. looking for the DD from someone here hopefully b/c i can't wait!

You can check out the whole album on YouTube. Few account has uploaded it.

i don't want to buy bundle because:

i don't like this t-shirt

i don't like this laminate

i don't need this guitar pick

cd is already in internet

so i prefer digital membership :P

https://www.facebook.com/lplive/posts/10153852624648267

Edited by TripleXero

Give me a break. That's not blatantly supporting piracy, if anything that's advertising to people to purchase a membership. We made a lengthy post when LPU dropped on social media, including where to buy it, and the website post is included in that statement. Never have I posted an LPU song on social media like that before, but it got a great reaction and got people talking so I'll definitely do it again. The more people that see it and like what they hear will purchase it. There's a direct correlation there. You'd be surprised how many casual LP fans had/have no idea LPU came out. Hell, there's more discussion on that song in that one FB post than there is on our entire forum. We are engaging the fans, not supporting piracy. If I supported piracy then I'd post a fucking download link on the forum here. Christ.

I didn't come here trying to start an argument, and I realize I might have gotten a little jumpy with my post, but it sucks when you pay for and support a seemingly slowly dying fanclub to watch others announce without regret that they just will find the music elsewhere because they don't want to support one of their favorite bands themselves, especially with a price drop this year.

It's nice that your Facebook got a lot of activity, but it's most likely because you guys readily posted LPU exclusive content and you're one of the biggest Linkin Park fansites, so it caught on quick. You could have easily linked the 30 second preview LPU offers for free and probably gotten a similar response.

I don't think you realize how much discussion LPL and LPA gets. I think I can safely say this site as a whole gets more activity daily than the LPU forum gets in weeks, including the free sections. It's disappointing to hang out there and see that unofficial fansites are more popular than the official site. And I'm not saying I dislike LPL or LPA, I've been members on both sites for years.

Edited by TripleXero

I didn't come here trying to start an argument, and I realize I might have gotten a little jumpy with my post, but it sucks when you pay for and support a seemingly slowly dying fanclub to watch others announce without regret that they just will find the music elsewhere because they don't want to support one of their favorite bands themselves, especially with a price drop this year.

It's nice that your Facebook got a lot of activity, but it's most likely because you guys readily posted LPU exclusive content and you're one of the biggest Linkin Park fansites, so it caught on quick. You could have easily linked the 30 second preview LPU offers for free and probably gotten a similar response.

I don't think you realize how much discussion LPL and LPA gets. I think I can safely say this site as a whole gets more activity daily than the LPU forum gets in weeks, including the free sections. It's disappointing to hang out there and see that unofficial fansites are more popular than the official site. And I'm not saying I dislike LPL or LPA, I've been members on both sites for years.

How you so sure that LPU is slowly dying fanclub? 15 years of LPU, 15 years people downloading illegaly yet, the LPU is still one of the biggest and successful fan club worldwide.

Regarding LPLive posted the LPU tracks on FB, those songs already leaked/uploaded on YT and if LPL didnt share it, sooner or later people will found it too.

About LPU forum and fansite, well LPU forum is strictly for LPU members meanwhile other fansite is open for everyone. Which one better? I'll say other fansite such as LPL & LPA. It's free and everyone in those website are interesting to talk and discuss too.

Sorry bout my long post. \m/

We can't ban people or even delete posts just because they're sharing their thoughts here about what they're going to do outside the forum. If anything, I prefer that if someone is disappointed (and choosing not to buy it) to share here or somewhere else why he feels that way, so it'll have a chance to get noticed by the LPU management.

Btw, at least 4 out the 5 members you quoted supports/supported the band in one way or another, so maybe you shouldn't judge people based on one post. Just a suggestion.

You quoted all those people and then cried out about how they don't support the band when some of them have said they purchased the CD or a digital membership, one of them literally IN that post. You're just trying to stir up something.

Edited by UnpopularOpinionPuffin

How you so sure that LPU is slowly dying fanclub? 15 years of LPU, 15 years people downloading illegaly yet, the LPU is still one of the biggest and successful fan club worldwide.

Regarding LPLive posted the LPU tracks on FB, those songs already leaked/uploaded on YT and if LPL didnt share it, sooner or later people will found it too.

About LPU forum and fansite, well LPU forum is strictly for LPU members meanwhile other fansite is open for everyone. Which one better? I'll say other fansite such as LPL & LPA. It's free and everyone in those website are interesting to talk and discuss too.

Sorry bout my long post. \m/

The website at the very least is dying. Years ago the forums and chat were filled, now the forums get like 10 posts a day usually by the same handful of people, and the chat is empty 99% of the time. Mike even used to stop by these. I guess it was a bit of a jump to say the entire fanclub is dying based on how many people I see at shows, just the online stuff, which in my opinion is a big chunk of it. Yes this stuff has been going on from the beginning most likely, but with how popular YouTube is these days, not only for the CDs, but for the LPUTV, too, I feel it's more harming now than it was 10 years ago.

Also, the forums aren't LPU only. There's 4 or 5 LPU only sections that are barely used, everything else is free

We can't ban people or even delete posts just because they're sharing their thoughts here about what they're going to do outside the forum. If anything, I prefer that if someone is disappointed (and choosing not to buy it) to share here or somewhere else why he feels that way, so it'll have a chance to get noticed by the LPU management.

Btw, at least 4 out the 5 members you quoted supports/supported the band in one way or another, so maybe you shouldn't judge people based on one post. Just a suggestion.

I wasn't going on a "BAN THE NONBELIEVERS" thing, I just feel like people should at least keep it to themselves if they are going to listen to the CD illegally.

You're just trying to stir up something.

Says the person that said "Overreaction and preachiness level: TripleXero"

I just feel like people should at least keep it to themselves if they are going to listen to the CD illegally.

I must disagree, because I really don't think if people will be quiet about that it'll help LPU. Unlike every other release by the band, the LPU CDs are intented for specific group of people, and this group must share their opinion out loud if they aren't satisfying with something.

After LPU 8 there was so much noise about the "lame" release, and this noise is (probably) what formed the current shape of the releases (around 10 demos for each releases), this form is so popular among the community and I don't think I've ever heard any complaint about it.

Also someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the money that came from the LPU products/membership just goes back into the LPU. The band has no intention to make money from LPU and they aren't investing money on it either. So unlike the other releases which the band can decide to do whatever they want, this release MUST fits its customers.

It's obvious that people who likes the band, bought the CDs, went to the shows, but totally don't like this release still wants to hear the music. I'll just ask this: how many people actually bought StageLight to listen to Bruiser vs. how many actually listened to the track?

This half-digital release is a good reason for people who cares about the physical CDs to complain now, because once they will decide to release the whole LPU CD as digital-only it'll be a lot harder to bring it a step back.

I realize I have a biased opinion on this subject, but you can't blame the fansites for being bigger than the LPU. Us posting one LPU song *ever* on Facebook/Twitter was successful, sure, but it isn't the reason why the LPU is dead.

The sole reason the LPU forums died is because they literally ransacked and deleted the entire forum in 2008 or 2009. It was THE thriving place for the online Linkin Park community, and that's pretty much why we didn't have an active forum on LPLive. With LPA, LPU, and LPF (LinkinParkForums), there really wasn't a need for us. We did have a forum starting around summer 2008, mainly because we finally needed a place internally to discuss all the new setlists the band was going through.

When the LPU upgraded, they lost the entire community, years of threads, the Mike posts, etc, and really damaged their community beyond repair. It's literally irreplaceable, especially at this point. Most of the hardcore fans are on the fansites now, and that has a lot to do with the uncertainty of how stable the LPU forums will be year after year. And I will say that one thing that is NOT helping is integrating the LPU to LinkinPark.com, removing the exclusive LPU website. One thing that helps LPL and LPA is the consistency in the forums and website. We don't redesign every year and we keep posts for as long as possible. Thank God LPA hasn't ever deleted their forums because we still actively access information from 2004-2006+ on their archives, almost weekly. (I wish we hadn't let LPTimes die, because some of their stuff is hard to find now.)

I learned years ago that you can't MAKE people pay for the LPU. Enough of us support it that it will keep going, though. The Summits, the CDs, the chats, etc will keep it going. If anything, LPL and LPA support the LPU wholeheartedly. That's why they want us on board with it and they go out of their way to explain the new versions and changes to us.

I agree with you about Mike's posting - he hasn't posted on the LPU in eyars. I let Lorenzo know firsthand how disappointed I was in 2014 when Chideo got about 12-15+ exclusive videos on Carnivores by the band, but the LPU got nothing. Lorenzo fixed that immediately and you'll see how many LPUTV videos he's gotten posted since then. I could go on for days about the LPU, but the dynamic has changed. The band obviously isn't as interested in giving exclusive content anymore or interacting in the LPU community, but Lorenzo does a good job getting all the videos and all the chats. He saw fans wanted Making of THP, and he got it done, for example.

To be fair though, neither LPA nor LPLive can really be faulted for being popular or getting activity above the official websites/fan club. LPLive in particular has been around for nearly 10 years, and my website LPA has been around since late 2001. We're going on almost 15 years as a website.

When you have two sites open for a decade (or in my case, 5 years away from being TWO decades) and have periodically over that time period been mentioned by the band as a trusted LP news source (both sites), you're going to gather a following and a reputation and get known within the fanbase. The unfortunate thing with the LPU is that as fantastic of a deal as it is at times, as Mark so aptly put it: you can't force people to pay for the fanclub. It is ultimately blocked by a pay wall, which means that no matter how hard they try to make it as awesome as possible...it's never going to be available to everyone because not everyone can afford it.

However; everyone can afford to go to a fansite because access is free and they don't have to do anything special to be a part of it, they just have to create a username and post without ever having to spend a dime. It's human nature to gravitate towards something free. I don't feel it's right to blame LPA/LPL for the decline of the fan clubs/official site, when we've both worked hard to get to the point we're at. If anything, blame the LPU for their ill-advised partnerships with companies like Ning, and for removing the original LPUMB, which was a huge blow to the fan club when that happened. The LPU is a fantastic fan club now, but there were a few missteps along the way to get there. That can hardly be blamed on either fansite. We've just done 'us' for all these years, and people chose to follow our sites because of it.