Fort Minor debuts new single, "Welcome"

RogueSoul

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tweeted Ryu and asked if Mike decided to do another FM album and reached out for him to collab, would he do it, and he said "of course I'd do it". So I don't think it's really that serious of an issue anymore. It was a miscommunication and misunderstanding of what was happening with "Welcome", but I don't think there's any real bad blood between them.

I actually think it's cool of Ryu to interact with fans on Twitter and be so open about everything.

To be honest he would be pretty stupid not to do so from a financial and marketing point of view...

Apparently Mike's emailed to say his verse will be on the remix (Mike backtracking here).

I can't believed he emailed - what a wuss!

Honestly this whole thing is so childish - Ryu shouldn't have posted that suff, he wanted self gratification from fans that he should have been involved. He should have spoken to Mike.

However, now we know, Mike shouldn't have been a tool and he should have picked up the phone.

Naughty step for both of them, then they need to hug it out.

Mike doesn't need to call to set up work. Mike is busier than ryu presumably, don't see how mike is a dick at all. It's like a side piece getting mad at a dude cause she sees him with another girl or something. Sob was a backing band essentially

Ryu should have handled this behind closed doors and talked with Mike before making all those statements. I can understand Ryu feels upset, but he should have taked it professionally and not like a little upset teen that broke up with his girlfriend. If Mike is his friend like he says, they could have talked it out, without using social media to drag Mike into the mud.

I'll be honest, I consider myself a pretty "big" FM and LP fan and for me, Fort Minor has always been Mike Shinoda's solo project... That's not a dig at the guests on the first album, of course they played a part, maybe a large part, certainly a big part, but I don't really see the problem here.

But yes, a lack of clarity at this moment in time seems to be getting in the way of drawing any meaningful conclusions. At this point I just really want some more Fort Minor music, whether it's just Mike or with guests I don't care!

But... I will say this: given that Ryu claims he wrote a verse and expected it to be on the song, it is a bit strange that Mike is making all this effort to try and almost reinforce to everybody that Fort Minor is "just" Mike Shinoda - he mentioned several times in the interview posted a few pages back how he did it all himself, all the music, the video etc... It's almost like he's trying to make a point which does seem a little... Childish/disrespectful.

I think there's something else going on here, but at the same time I have no idea what.

Edited by hellomoto170

Good lord, the people here blew this shit way out of proportion. Miscommunications like this happen all the time, especially in industries like the music industry. Plans change. You can talk about what people "should have" done, but none of us know what actually went on. Yeesh.

Good lord, the people here blew this shit way out of proportion. Miscommunications like this happen all the time, especially in industries like the music industry. Plans change. You can talk about what people "should have" done, but none of us know what actually went on. Yeesh.

agreed but now a days with the power of social media this is easily accomplished and things are blown way quicker

Ofcourse and that is why it would have been more simple for them to deal with it in private, instead of throwing it out on social media :lol:

Two questions:

Do you guys think that all the vinyls will be sold out?

Is there any HQ picture of the artwork? (the artwork that is on the vinyls)

doesnt appear that they are selling out quickly otherwise the option to order wouldnt still be there

I purchased 2 myself

Edited by loulax07

meta info inside the instrumental/acapella waves:

Director                                 : White Window
Encoded by                               : David Bottrill
Recorded date                            : 4/29/2013 2:42:00 PM

what the hell does that mean?

David Bottrill is apparently an engineer.

White Window seems so unrelated, maybe it's a code name for FM.

Does anyone recognize this metadata from a certain software like pro tools? It could be easily the date this session was created and he started working on the song idea, and the engineer add his name later.

The actual file dates are completely different, from March 26, 2015, which seems a lot more realistic. I guess they forgot to change the dates and wipe the meta data.

I was always wondering when the song was written. I think it was no coincidence that he was starting to perform remember the name and then he comes out with a new song. But then again, it took him over a year from the first performance until he released something new. Sure, he got all the new logo, merchandise, etc. but a over a year still seems to be way too much time for that.