Mall OST Out now!

RogueSoul

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

''It Goes Through'' is an epic song. I like it a lot.

''Devil's Drop'' is also really cool and I love the banter at the beginning of the track. Makes me wish more of this folk driven shit was on Living Things. Mike's singing is actually amazing in this song.

Edited by Geki

So, we have a demo from a song too, "The Last Line" have different vocal take than "Ammosick". "This is the first..." version of "The Last Line"

And if you hear the Mall Ost version has some differences.

Edited by MacGyver

So, we have a demo from a song too, "The Last Line" have different vocal take than "Ammosick". "This is the first..." version of "The Last Line"

Yes, this is what I was talking about. I guess it's cool that we got more ultimately because we now have the final versions and the demo versions of a few of these songs (Ammosick, Dancer with MTM donna).

Film:

This is the first line here
This is the first line again
Watch as it disappears
I know the last line
The last line never pull me in
This is the second line here
This is the second line again
Why does it feel like fear?
As if the last line
The last line will slowly close again
This is the last line here
This is the last line again
Watch as I disappear
I know the last line

The flat line goes here at the end

Album:

This is the first line here
This is the first line again
Watch as it disappears
I know the last line
The last line never pull me in
This is the next line here
This is the next line again
You can forget I'm here
As if the last line
The last line will slowly close again
This is the last line here
This is the last line again
Watch as I disappear
I know the last line

The flat line goes here at the end

After listening to ''The Last Line'' a few times, I actually like it more than the demo version (Ammosick) that we had previously. Same goes for ''Devil's Drop''. They just sound a lot more polished and overall better IMO. The only thing that sucks about this release is the Dancer's vocals were removed. Even if they just left the donna lyrics on it, I still would have loved it.

The one day I take a break from the site, this comes out…

Overall, I'm pretty damn impressed. I haven't heard any of the instrumentals besides 'Dancer' and 'Mal RX7', but the full tracks are really fucking good. The new vocal takes on 'It Goes Through' and 'Last Line' are really welcome and I prefer them to the original versions. I still question the name change, though. It seems redundant.

I think the only song that have new vocal take is "The Last Line", "It Goes Through" and "Luna" is the same, the LPA version is a bit up tempo, but still the same, like White Noise, you can hear that on the movie, sounds the same song for "It Goes Through", but for "The Last Line", has a different vocal take and new second verse.

Wow, even White Noise is an alternate mix from what was previously released. I don't think they left anything "untouched" from what we originally heard of this soundtrack.

What exactly is different in the White Noise mix? Sounds exactly the same to me.

I might be wrong, but if I remember correctly, Australia has Friday album releases. So is it possible the rest of the world will get it around Tuesday? Was it released in any of the European countries with Friday album releases? Anyway, I got to listen to all of the tracks with vocals and Dancer. I really like Devil's Drop and The Last Line (really nice vocal takes) and It Goes Through is pretty nice too. My opinion about White Noise stays the same, very good song. I actually prefer the instrumental version of Dancer over the original one that had pretty weird lyrics.