Mall OST Out now!

RogueSoul

Not sure if this was the case for anybody else, but my download of Jeff Makes Observations had a very noticeable glitch at about the 57 second mark - the track essentially skips backwards by almost exactly a second. I've managed to correct this glitch, if it's something on iTunes' end and doesn't end up being fixed, I'd gladly share the corrected version with anyone who needs it. Obviously a "wait and see" type thing at this point though, I'm not about to post an official track without it being approved first, but if it ends up being an issue that doesn't get fixed, I think it'd be worth making an exception for. Anybody else's copy of this song have the same problem?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this was the case for anybody else, but my download of Jeff Makes Observations had a very noticeable glitch at about the 57 second mark - the track essentially skips backwards by almost exactly a second. I've managed to correct this glitch, if it's something on iTunes' end and doesn't end up being fixed, I'd gladly share the corrected version with anyone who needs it. Obviously a "wait and see" type thing at this point though, I'm not about to post an official track without it being approved first, but if it ends up being an issue that doesn't get fixed, I think it'd be worth making an exception for. Anybody else's copy of this song have the same problem?

Yeah, i noticed that too. i thought they did it on purpose. must wait the iTunes version.

As much as I like the songs, The Last Line ending is just terrible, the last 10 seconds, I thought my ipod was dying when I listened to it for the first time.

Yeah, I don't like the ending of it that much either. I really like these songs though. I can't stop listening to It Goes Through, it's just so good.

I like the songs but it's kind of annoying that there are so many different versions of the songs. I feel like Mall was just rushed in general because Joe said they only got 14 days to shoot the film and that it sucked, etc. Then you have the whole mess with the film being released in different places at different times (like ''A Day To Kill'' being released in June), etc. I also think that's why they used the demo versions in the film, because they were rushed with it all. I think they should have just waited until it was all set to go and just released the film + soundtrack, etc. all at once. Not trying to be negative or a dick, because I do like the songs a lot and the film is good, but this is just my 2 cents.

Not everything always works out properly and in time, especially in the movie business, where you no longer have control once you're done directing/editing/producing your part in the movie. I'm also amazed some people didn't know in another thread that movies have different titles in different countries, that's basic knowledge.

Not everything always works out properly and in time, especially in the movie business, where you no longer have control once you're done directing/editing/producing your part in the movie. I'm also amazed some people didn't know in another thread that movies have different titles in different countries, that's basic knowledge.

I honestly didn't even know that.

I have not seen the movie yet, but I have listened the song "Dancer" with vocals on YT and i have to say, that I'm glad, that the soundtrack have version without vocals (it have no lyrics btw), because this vocal is just horrible. You can not listen to the song with such a made-vocals. Instrumental is interesting and boldly could serve as accompaniment to a film.

I might be wrong, but if I remember correctly, Australia has Friday album releases. So is it possible the rest of the world will get it around Tuesday? Was it released in any of the European countries with Friday album releases?

Not only Australia have Friday album releases, but also some other countries like: Australia, Schweiz, Deutschland, New Zealand, Nederland, België, Suomi... + many more.

UK and other EU countries have Monday album releases. Albums in the US are always issued on Tuesday.

I'm also amazed some people didn't know in another thread that movies have different titles in different countries, that's basic knowledge.

You must have a basic knowledge to realize that people from US, UK and Australia for example will almost never see a different title than their own area one. People in Latin America, Asia, Africa, and part/most of Europe - will see another title, but in their own language. The question was why there are three titles in english, not why there are different titles in general.

"Basic knowledge" as you decribed it, must to be gained from somewhere. This is why people ask about stuff they don't know about. :)

I know that for example in Germany sometimes movies get a different english title for a certain reason, I can name a few examples

- Horrible Bosses was changed to: Kill The Boss, because that's apparently easier for us Germans to understand.

- Taken (with Liam Neeson) was changed to 96 Hours, I think it was done because of a movie with a similar title or something like that.

- Cradle to Grave -> Born 2 Die

I guess there are many more but these are probably the most prominent examples. As you can tell, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense sometimes. Not to mention title translations can be extremely different from the original title.

BTW

Very Bad Trip is the French title for Hangover

It Goes Through is amazing. Sounds more Stagelight-esque Linkin Park but easily one of their most energizing tracks! Awesome stuff. Also if Linkin Park ever removed vocals from their more recent demos, I assume in more than half of the time it was just scatting.

Not bad, not bad at all

Yeah, movie titles change a lot depending on territory

Live Free or Die Hard in the US but changed to Die Hard 4.0 outside America

The Rundown (The Rock & Seann William Scott) was changed to Welcome to the Jungle in some countries

Warrior King (Tony Jaa) was changed to The Protector in America

Also if Linkin Park ever removed vocals from their more recent demos, I assume in more than half of the time it was just scatting.

Yeah. When they started working with Rick back in 2006, he had them put down rough vocal ideas right away, something that the band had never done prior to that year, they'd usually just complete instrumentals (Cumulus, Halo, Soundtrack, Rhinocerous, etc.) and then if the song made the final cut, put vocals on it at the end of the process. But since they started working with Rick in 2006, they put scat vocals, etc. on the earliest seeds, all the way up to the final process, which is why we've heard stuff like Fear, Drum Song, Dancer, Blackout with LPTV gibberish vocals, etc.