Mall OST Out now!

RogueSoul

Is that even a applicable argument? There are clearly guitars on VICTIMIZED and defined drums on IBG. Just because they aren't the strongest doesn't mean you can say they're not there.

If anything you should complain about the strings on IBG rather than the drums. Those really needed to be brought to the forefront.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything you should complain about the strings on IBG rather than the drums. Those really needed to be brought to the forefront.

exactly! you remember that collaboration hype? a waste of time..

Isn't that the song Owen Pallett from Arcade Fire played on? I don't hear strings in IBG anyway, or at least they don't stick out to me. Primo as a song is much better.

Listen the instrumental version of IBG on 0:43, it's not great like BTH.

Isn't that the song Owen Pallett from Arcade Fire played on? I don't hear strings in IBG anyway, or at least they don't stick out to me. Primo as a song is much better.

I can definitely hear the strings in IBG, it's just buried in the mix. Listen closely with good quality headphones or maybe listen to the song in Apple Lossless. I don't think Primo is a better song at all, but they should have maybe made the strings a little louder in the mix.

There are places where you can buy a lossless version online. They only promote the DVD + mp3 bundle in the US (still no bluray release wtf), the news about the CD came from the German LP newsletter so it might end up being Europe only. Can't find anything about a release date yet.

Yes, but with Apple Lossless now, I can just pop the CD in my CD drive and I can import it into my iTunes in Apple Lossless without purchasing anything online, downloading anything, etc. I also like to have physical releases from LP because I like to collect the music.

Edited by Geki

The heck. Nobody knew there were strings on I'll Be Gone? I knew that from the first listen.

But the strings part is so insignificant that David Campbell could have just done it and it would just sound exactly the same.

Edited by Lord-of-the-Wobbuffets

Yes, but with Apple Lossless now, I can just pop the CD in my CD drive and I can import it into my iTunes in Apple Lossless without purchasing anything online, downloading anything, etc. I also like to have physical releases from LP because I like to collect the music.

I know that, just wanted to point out that there is a lossless version available regardless of a CD release or not, if that never happens for whatever reason

I meant a real release date, Spring is not a date. Unlike digital releases, physical releases don't get released one day to the next, so you can look up the release date weeks or even months in advance at some point.

I hope it's early Spring, like maybe March or April. I really want a physical release for Mall...

I just changed the artist to ''Linkin Park & Alec Puro'' in my iTunes. Did anybody else do this? The official title in their database sucks, IMO with the super long name.

In my computer, I change it for "Linkin Park" and put "[Feat. Alec Puro]" after the track names ^^

I just got my copy of the Mall DVD in the mail yesterday. I haven't watched the DVD yet. I wonder if they kept the vocal version of Dancer at the end of the film or they used the version included on the OST in the final DVD version.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally saw Mall today, via Netflix. It actually was a hell of a lot better than I thought it was. It is kind of weird in a sense but I watched the entire thing and liked it. The music fits pretty well. The themes and creativity in it were executed well, and the actors did a good job. So in the future...fuck reviews. I was thinking it was going to suck and be a really dumb movie with even sci-fi themes in it, but Joe nailed it. I'll probably even watch it again soon.