2014.06.14 - Castle Donington, England - Download (HT in Full)

I switch back between performances from 2001 and the recent one, and the energy, you can definitely tell they've aged haha.
I'm happy to see that forgotten has been forgotten. Hopefully they'll rotate their setlist and throw in couple surprised here and there.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, they seem to be a little lost playing Forgotten. Never been a huge fan of this song, sounds pretty good though!

But My Myself :o Wow, holy shit... Amazing Performance, Chester nails it! They should keep that in the set!

By Myself sounds so epic!!! It's also cool that they apparently played clips from Frat Party before the show. It really does seem like it would bring you right back to 2000/2001 just being there.

The bad thing about them doing HT in full at Download is that now all the fans will complain that LP isn't playing all of the HT songs in the sets and they will get insulted if they don't keep them for their shows, etc. This is The Hunting Party world tour, so I'm not sure why they would even play anything from HT except for the big singles (OSC, ITE). I personally would rather see more songs from The Hunting Party, but that's my opinion.

We'll have to put CFTI as some type of 2014 Version because of the changes it had (instrumental + Mike's vocal samples).

I see no need for that. Only noteworthy instrumental difference is the beat continuing under the "now for a lesson in rhythm management" part. It's Joe's solo spot and he has control over the samples being played, so of course it's not going to 100% match the album version. The vocal samples are the "unedited" ones found on the unmastered version of Hybrid Theory (this was the case for the 2007-2011 version of the song as well). The only one that's different from prior performances/clearly Mike is the "Wasn't that fun? Let's try something else!" one.

I think calling a song a "different version" because of one sample is some Wesley-level shit, lol.

Is it just me or did Chester change his voice? He sounds almost exactly how he used to back in circa 2000 when performing Forgotten and By Myself. After seeing these videos, I'm hard pressed to believe that Chester chooses to have cleaner vocals live versus back then.