Rebellion Official Lyrics Video

Numbrocker

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who isnt that big a fan of Mike's Voice on the verses. Would of rather it been Chester. I can only imagine he is saving his voice for the bridge. Chesters raw vocals sound a bit week and show how his voice has week. I like the melody just not exactly how Chester and Mike sound. Its clearly co-written with Darien. Very SOAD. The instrumental Sounds great though. I love the bridge. Like other LP songs that I thought Id hate as I listen to it, it will grow on me.

BTW...Does anybody hear the awesome Bass Lines going on in this song? Check the last Chorus. We get to hear some Phoenix in this one!

Edited by pianolp325

This song is fucking awesome. It was the song I was looking forward the most and mother of god, what a monster! It completely fulfilled my expectations. It's gonna be hard to top this song but I have faith that the rest of the songs we haven't heard are as good.

Am I the only one who isnt that big a fan of Mike's Voice on the verses. Would of rather it been Chester. I can only imagine he is saving his voice for the bridge. Chesters raw vocals sound a bit week and show how his voice has week. I like the melody just not exactly how Chester and Mike sound. Its clearly co-written with Darien. Very SOAD. The instrumental Sounds great though. I love the bridge. Like other LP songs that I thought Id hate as I listen to it, it will grow on me.

BTW...Does anybody hear the awesome Bass Lines going on in this song? Check the last Chorus. We get to hear some Phoenix in this one!

Guitar and bass on Rebellion were both done by Daron.

The song is so raw and I freaking love it.

As soon as the guitars hit, I looked at my friend and said "holy shit" while laughing my ass off in excitement. And then Mike started singing and I personally thought the verses were weak. He sounds great after the bridge, though.. Like he isn't holding back at all. Once the pre-chorus hit, I felt the same feeling I had when I heard the breakdown in "When They Come For Me". The chord progression is fucking fantastic and simple, yet the intro and verses are still balls to the wall. Chester sounds great in the choruses, and in the bridge he sounds so unedited/not pitch corrected and I think that's awesome, it works in his favor and sounds great with the raw instruments playing behind him.

I hope the distortion and over compressing of the intro was the YouTube compression and not how it will sound, because it's Death Magnetic bad.

LP sounds fantastic raw. It will be interesting to see Brad playing guitar like Daron live. I NEED to see that.

I'm surprised with the apparent chemistry between Daron's guitar work and Rob's drumming. This sounds so much like System of a Down it's unreal! Rob doing his best John Dolmayan impression. lol

Mike's vocals are so fucking good on this. Lyrically it's also one of the best songs LP has ever written which is a nice change of pace from the other three which were pretty mediocre (outside of Rakim's verse on GATS).

Chester's chorus vocals are done in a very unexpected way. I got a similar feeling listening to them as I did the first time I heard Wretches and Kings. It's just something we're not used to from Chester and it works so well in this song. And then those screams on the bridge. FUCK YEAH!

This is easily my favorite song of the four released so far and may find itself as my new favorite song from the band period.

Edited by leftshoe18

IMO, this song blows away anything System has ever wrote. But it's because Mike wrote some of the song, so anything Mike is in, it's legendary compared to other bands or artists. We're spoiled with Shinoda in the band.

So I haven't said much on this site, but I love it. THP is 4/4 and shaping up to be their best album yet.

I also find it funny how the songs got better with each release. Rebellion>Wastelands>UIG>GATS (IMO)

Really love this song! Exicted to hear FM soon!

I am holding off until release day here in New Zealand. The three tracks were enough for me.
That aside, once again, THE ARTWORK. The artwork is so damn good. I love it. This whole single series' artwork is amazing but this one is my favourite so far.
That's all I can comment on at this stage, except for the fact that I can't wait to hear it haha.

Pretty good actually, I feel like I've been one of the more negative people with regards to the album so far but I like this.
Not even a huge fan of SOAD but yeah you can definitely hear the influence and overall it's a cool song.

This album, for a combination of reasons (things Mike/Chester have said in interviews etc) is being viewed as a "return" to the "old Linkin Park" but based on the songs so far it seems a mix of the old and new, which, is kinda obvious. It's hardly Hybrid Theory is my point, and that's fine. Not because I wouldn't like that, but just because it was never gonna be HT.

IMO, this song blows away anything System has ever wrote. But it's because Mike wrote some of the song, so anything Mike is in, it's legendary compared to other bands or artists. We're spoiled with Shinoda in the band.

That's like...your opinion man.

lol