"Guilty All The Same" - New Linkin Park Single!

hahninator

Have any possibility of the band playing live GATS before the tour?

I think they will at Summer festivals. Makes too much sense not too, and it's a good way to promote the album.

Random personal statement: LP6 better have a song better than Radioactive Remix or LP may drop in my favorite band rankings. Still top 4 though :)

Edited by Bliss

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to add another thing. The fact that the """""""""""old lp fans"""""""""" says this sounds like hybrid theory or meteora just makes them less credible in whatever they say (if that is even possible). The fact that they think LP is returning to their "old nu-metal sound" shows that they know nothing about linkin park and are just big phat phonies who happened to listen to in the end and numb a few times years ago.

People are saying it reminds them of the ''old LP'' like Hybrid Theory, but it doesn't sound like that at all. Just because they are using the guitars more prominently and there are less electronic elements doesn't mean it's Hybrid Theory. Listen to Hybrid Theory and then listen to GATS, it's very different. I think they are going in a new direction with GATS and this album personally.

People are saying it reminds them of the ''old LP'' like Hybrid Theory, but it doesn't sound like that at all. Just because they are using the guitars more prominently and there are less electronic elements doesn't mean it's Hybrid Theory. Listen to Hybrid Theory and then listen to GATS, it's very different. I think they are going in a new direction with GATS and this album personally.

What they have in common is the high energy.

It's definitely not like HT or Meteora. As Geki said, it's their new direction, that I think they will continue with for the next years. It's kind of new and heavier MTM. I think Mike tries kind of develop rock music even more, make bigger variety of it. This song still feels like LP, it's still experimental, still contains electronics and something that make them different. What "old LP" fans actually needed from LP was just heavy guitars and drums and rap. The song contains 3 guitars, so Chester is supposed to play guitar live if they don't want to use playback guitar, what I actually don't think they'll do during those "organic LP times".

Just wanted to add another thing. The fact that the """""""""""old lp fans"""""""""" says this sounds like hybrid theory or meteora just makes them less credible in whatever they say (if that is even possible). The fact that they think LP is returning to their "old nu-metal sound" shows that they know nothing about linkin park and are just big phat phonies who happened to listen to in the end and numb a few times years ago.

Typical so-called Linkin Park "fan" thought process:

Heavy guitars = Hybrid Theory/Meteora = NU METAL ROXXX!

Not-as-prominent guitars = Everything else = "New shitty techno LP," OMFG WHERE ARE DA GUITARZ BRAD DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ON THIS ALBUM

I really don't get the comparison with this and Hybrid Theory/Meteroa. The two sound nothing alike. The only similarity would be the guitar driven track, but the guitar sounds nothing like anything off of Hyrid Theory or Meteora.

Edited by CASTLE OF GLASS

If I had to compare GATS to anything, it would probably be MTM. Only because it is very raw and the vocals don't have tons of effects like they usually have with Chester's voice. I feel like if MTM were heavier and it had the structure of the songs from the ATS period, the result would be something very similar of GATS.

On MTM are songs with a better song structure than GATS, In pieces for example, but I have to admit that the heavy ones on MTM are very less compare to GATS, especially for the guitar work.

But before we start to compare songs and past albums, we should define the sound of LP in general.

On MTM are songs with a better song structure than GATS, In pieces for example, but I have to admit that the heavy ones on MTM are very less compare to GATS, especially for the guitar work.

But before we start to compare songs and past albums, we should define the sound of LP in general.

MTM has classic structures... Intro-verse-chorus-verse-bridge-chorus-outro

The most unique track to me in there is Valetine's Day.

And about the sound of LP, you can't define it they are genreless, they are probably the most diverse band ever.

Typical so-called Linkin Park "fan" thought process:

Heavy guitars = Hybrid Theory/Meteora = NU METAL ROXXX!

Not-as-prominent guitars = Everything else = "New shitty techno LP," OMFG WHERE ARE DA GUITARZ BRAD DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ON THIS ALBUM

lol too funny

GATS has also Intro-verse-chorus-verse-bridge-outro. MTM is a more instrumentally based album, and it seems to me LP6 is going in a similiar direction, hopefully. With that heavyness of GATS, the structure of a ATS and the melodic of a MTM, a dream would come true to me, if LP create such a album.

The most unique track to me in there is Valetine's Day.

And about the sound of LP, you can't define it they are genreless, they are probably the most diverse band ever.

Not all of MTM has classic structures, actually, a lot of it doesn't. But also this is why I said ''a heavier MTM with the structure of songs from the ATS era''.

GATS has also Intro-verse-chorus-verse-bridge-outro.

It's more:

Intro A

Intro B [the part with the melody repeated in the verses]

Verse 1

Chorus 1

Bridge 1 [with melody from Intro B]

Verse 2

Chorus 2

Post-Chorus 1

Rap Bridge

Chorus 3

Post-Chorus 2

Outro/Guitar Solo

Edited by leftshoe18

^^ I don't get the big deal if GATS "reminds" some fans of HT or Meteora. I can understand what they're saying.

"Reminds" is very different than saying "sounds like". That's where the difference is.

For the casual fan its understandable but for the hardcore fan........how f**king dare you! ;)

I really feel that article "Rock music sucks now and it's depressing" has a big hand in shaping how this next LP record turns out.

it was only this time that Chester was on tour with STP and in an interview he said that when he went back to LP camp all the music was turned from electronic to heavy punk driven.

For all you guitarists out there, I'm pretty sure this photo Ethan Mates posted on his Instagram shows the pedals used for the solo at the end of GATS: http://instagram.com/p/kTMBTgiO0Z/ Photo is captioned "My trademark is my solos," and the pedals pictured would produce a very similar sound to the GATS end solo depending on the settings.

Those pedals are a Devi Ever Truly Beautiful Disaster, an Earthquaker Devices Hummingbird, a Moogerfooger MURF, a Strymon BigSky, and a Strymon Mobius. That's over $1,800 of pedals for the solo on one song!

We don't know that it's only one song. They could very well use the pedals on another song.

I HIGHLY doubt that a combination of pedals that produces such a trippy filtered/oscillating tremolo sound as the one heard on the outro solo on GATS would be used on more than one song. That's not a combination of pedals you just hook together for standard guitar tracks, that's something you come up with through a lot of experimentation trying to find a specific sound that you want to use on a specific part.

Have any possibility of the band playing live GATS before the tour?

I can't remember when the album is due to be released, so my next question may seen dumb as hell, but

won't Download/any pre-album show hear it? I think it's likely - LGM and BID got their fair share of the setlist prior to LT's release, so why not play GATS or any other 'pre-' single at the EU festivals?

Will LP be able to play this song on a show like Jimmy Kimmel or something like that? I say this because of it's 6 minute time length. They'd probably have to cut it a bit short, probably just play the radio edit.

I'm sure they'll play the radio version on TV unless they have Rakim to join them.

Not sure if Rakim would go on TV with them, but you never know. He obviously would never be able to play the song with them at every show, so I think they will just cut out his part completely at those shows instead of Mike doing the rap. I do think that Rakim might join LP to play GATS at Wantagh, though.

any TV broadcasts might cut the rap part, but the will almost certainly cut down the intro. I have no idea how long it is time-wise in comparison to previous preview/single tracks from other albums but it feels too long for the radio, and unless presenters ramp it to holy hell, it'll feel way too long for casual ears

I honestly think LP will just skip the rap section entirely when they play it live, unless they do a show with Rakim, etc. I couldn't see Mike rapping Rakim's verse, but they will definitely keep the intro live.