New Linkin Park Music Preview + More

[AndOne]

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you think that its just a coincidence, that the new full trailer of Transformers - Age Of Extinction is gonna be revealed tomorrow? If the movie will feature a new LP song, we will probably hear it in the trailer like we heard New Divide in the TF2 trailer. We'll see it.

After thinking about it a little more, I think "The Hunting Party" is the title and it will be released sometime in June. Apparently there won't be any puzzles this time, which is kind of disappointing....

As for the website, the clouds will probably fade away to reveal the tour with 30 Seconds to Mars. So we basically have everything except release dates for the single and album.

Edit: I wouldn't think LP would be making such a big deal out of this if it were just for Transformers.... They're treating it like a new album, not one song.

Edited by stl22

That was hilariously awful. lol

Yep. Yay, drop-tuned powerchords over the first "thrash" beat every drummer learns by the time they've been playing for six months!

It still baffles me why this is the side of Linkin Park that everyone misses. And this is coming from the "Linkin Park guitar guy." But hey, it's just an intro, there might be cooler stuff elsewhere in the song.

I don't think there's much significance, but there are lines (kinda like spotlights almost?) that are moving behind the clouds on the site now. Don't remember them being there, so something may've changed

They have been there the whole time.

I'm not digging this preview much. It sounds generic and a step back to me. Sure, maybe this sound is a bit different for LP, but that doesn't make it awesome. I hope this is only a demo, and not an actual song on the album. Yes, it's only an intro, but intros are quite important.

Edited by crazygolfer

I'm not digging this preview much. It sounds generic and a step back to me. Sure, maybe this sound is a bit different for LP, but that doesn't make it awesome. I hope this is only a demo, and not an actual song on the album. Yes, it's only an intro, but intros are quite important.

They wouldn't be teasing anything that's not on the album at this point. Maybe six months ago, but not now. The single is going to be out in a matter of days.

I don't think there's much significance, but there are lines (kinda like spotlights almost?) that are moving behind the clouds on the site now. Don't remember them being there, so something may've changed

If you browse the host directory you can see when anything has been changed in "Last modified" column.

They wouldn't be teasing anything that's not on the album at this point. Maybe six months ago, but not now. The single is going to be out in a matter of days.

Yea, you have a point. I've thought about that, but I was hoping that wasn't the case. Here's hoping that the full song ends up being more than meets the eye.

Its the same logo without the circle. Can be seen in the pic from the source files.

Neat how when you go from LP.com to another site, the clouds fade and you can see the background colours and logo.

Edited by Subs

Yep. Yay, drop-tuned powerchords over the first "thrash" beat every drummer learns by the time they've been playing for six months!

It still baffles me why this is the side of Linkin Park that everyone misses. And this is coming from the "Linkin Park guitar guy." But hey, it's just an intro, there might be cooler stuff elsewhere in the song.

Probably because the 10 second clip sounds better than ATS and LT put together, but who knows. :rolleyes:

Probably because the 10 second clip sounds better than ATS and LT put together, but who knows. :rolleyes:

It also sounds like it could've been WRITTEN in about ten seconds too. Drop tune the guitar, dial in an assload of distortion, play some staccato powerchords with one finger, and have the drummer play snare/hi-hat on 1 and 3 and the bass drum on 2 and 4...WE HAVE A SONG GUYS!

I'll be sure to forward your opinion to my mom back home though, she's certified in medical coding and works for an audiologist. I bet she could get you some great deals on hearing aids. :lol:

I'll be sure to forward your opinion to my mom back home though, she's certified in medical coding and works for an audiologist. I bet she could get you some great deals on hearing aids. :lol:

I think you went a bit too far there...

it's not about the snippet. It's about the potential direction of this album, and holds more potential to be a more raw sound of LP. Hopefully they chilled on the electronics because Living Things was one of their worst albums. Recharge was a joke effort, even if not much effort was put into it.