Chester Joins Stone Temple Pilots

Xero21

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've barely seen anyone on LPL say anything about Chester leaving LP. I made a preemptive comment on how I highly doubt it would happen, as others have.

I think it's a bit telling because LPL has always been ready to speak their minds, rather than being pandering fans who think everything the band does is rainbows and sunshine. So if we thought this was a move for Chester to leave, we'd say so.

I think this is just a brilliant move by STP. Some of their fans are hoping this will be a kind of intervention with Scott. If by the off chance it is, then who else could they have picked to do this more successfully? Chester is a FAN of STP so I imagine if Scott wanted back in then he'd bow out gracefully. And while the other members were laughing at Scott, Chester made a point to say how much he admired him and wished him the best.

And on the more likely chance it has nothing to do with Scott, then we get to here Chester do some more rock, which as a DBS/GD fan I'm THRILLED with.

I think someone needs to change the name of the topic, im so happy for Chester and i also feel kinda dissapointed because maybe LP won't tour a lot, if it was hard for them to visit Mexico now i feel like it will take more time.

I'll support him no matter what i'm sure he can give the STP songs more life.

What i'm suprised about the interview is he said ''With STP I can show my range'' so he feels kinda limited with LP.

Congratulations CHESTER!

Lead singer of Stone Temple Pilots & Linkin Park, it sounds so AWESOME.

BTW I just can't wait to know what Scott is going to say about this, he must be pissed off, his ex bandmates laugh at him, and i kinda heard Chester laughed too.

Julien-K said the guys were no longer friends with him.

Wait. what? lol Wasn't he doing a bunch of studio vids with them and such? I wonder what happened. *shrug*

Aaaanyway, this sudden turn of events is AWESOME! I can't think of a better singer than Chester for them. His voice really works best with hard rock in my opinion. Obviously, he is versatile and makes everything he sings on work well but damn, get some good heavy rock music behind him and he just KILLS IT!

I think someone needs to change the name of the topic, im so happy for Chester and i also feel kinda dissapointed because maybe LP won't tour a lot, if it was hard for them to visit Mexico now i feel like it will take more time.

I'll support him no matter what i'm sure he can give the STP songs more life.

What i'm suprised about the interview is he said ''With STP I can show my range'' so he feels kinda limited with LP.

Congratulations CHESTER!

Lead singer of Stone Temple Pilots & Linkin Park, it sounds so AWESOME.

BTW I just can't wait to know what Scott is going to say about this, he must be pissed off, his ex bandmates laugh at him, and i kinda heard Chester laughed too.

It's really cool for Chester because he was such a huge fan of STP growing up, when he was younger I bet he never thought in his wildest dreams that he would be the lead singer of one of the world's biggest bands and sell 50 million albums, and also become lead singer for Stone Temple Pilots, his favorite band growing up. This is all crazy if you think about it.

Edited by Geki

Do Julien-K still talk to Chester at all? Chester said last night in that interview that he ''did Dead By Sunrise'' and that he is now the lead singer of TWO awesome bands, I am thinking that maybe DBS is dead and they won't make music again.

This is interesting. Being the front man of two very successful bands will be crazy time consuming, so I it could be the end of DBS.

Which to be honest I guess I'm not too sad about. I want more Chester stuff, not the warped thing Julien K and Howard Benson turned DBS into. But I remember someone from Julien K saying they were still writing stuff for DBS, so idk. Certainly not expecting anything from DBS in the near future.

Also I doubt Mike will do anything related to Fort Minor. His most recent answer to any FM questions has been that he's channeling everything into LP right now. But I think this proves that if Mike wanted to do FM that the band would probably let him.

This is interesting. Being the front man of two very successful bands will be crazy time consuming, so I it could be the end of DBS.

Which to be honest I guess I'm not too sad about. I want more Chester stuff, not the warped thing Julien K and Howard Benson turned DBS into. But I remember someone from Julien K saying they were still writing stuff for DBS, so idk. Certainly not expecting anything from DBS in the near future.

Also I doubt Mike will do anything related to Fort Minor. His most recent answer to any FM questions has been that he's channeling everything into LP right now. But I think this proves that if Mike wanted to do FM that the band would probably let him.

As for DBS, I think it's done. There is no way Chester will be able to write music for Linkin Park, Stone Temple Pilots and Dead By Sunrise all at once, and also release albums with all of them and tour. I don't think he is even close with the Julien-K guys as he once was, and it's going to be weird now without Elias and Brandon. I asked Ryan a month ago about the future of DBS without those members, and he seemed kind of hostile, saying DBS was always ONLY Chester, Amir and Ryan and he didn't answer the rest of the question about the future of the band. I think a lot of people, especially on LPL and LPA, would have enjoyed DBS more if it sounded like it did in 2005/2006. Howard and Julien-K definitely changed the sound of the band and record a lot. Listen to the 2005 version of Let Down, or the demo for My Suffering, for example.

Edited by Geki

I honestly wouldn't mind if LP took another small ''hiatus'' and took a few years off and work on Fort Minor and solo projects, and then came back for a new LP album and tour and etc.

I was actually hoping for this but oh well. I can't really complain too much about new LP music. I just think it's funny that the quickest LP album to be made is the one that had the least lasting appeal to me.

Also, My Suffering demo >>>>> album version

Has anyone noticed that Church is in the background also? Interesting since Julien-K said the guys were no longer friends with him. Maybe just Chester is, I love Church, he's the man.

I heard a rumor that he actually went to jail or got arrested, and I have heard rumors that Julien-K told a fan on the 2011 tour that they weren't friends with Church anymore and didn't hang out. No one really knows. I am thinking maybe Chester was friends with Church originally since we have pictures of them together since like late 2004, and maybe the Julien-K guys met him through Chester. Something must have happened to make them all separate.

Yes, Church appearing in the background of the interview was really random. I did ask Ryan about Church back in Hamburg in 2011, and he replied that "Church isn't around anymore" (or something like that) and didn't want to go into details. I think Church used to be "director of tour" or something for Orgy back in the days so he's probably known Amir & Ryan longer than Chester. We'll probably never know what happened between those guys.

Quite an intersting conversation here. But don't forget that everything is time consuming so either STP & LP or STP & maybe FM which takes us to another long break from LP (either good for the band or not, as they have mentioned in err ATS? era that they would like to release a new album every 2 years? Something like that, if I got it wrong, sorry :P) Don't forget to add promotion, TV appearances etc. + world tours (LP, FM cause I don't think STP would go outside USA). Impossibru. And this takes us where? Yes, the global why-no-insert.country.name.here crying. IMHO it would be awesome to get a proper US->EU->Asia->EU->US tours again. Is there any chance that due to STP "plans" for an album and MAYBE a tour the new LP album will be released late 2014/early 2015? (Or cause of Brad and his giant magnet <troll>)

Edited by michalangelo

Quite an intersting conversation here. But don't forget that everything is time consuming so either STP & LP or STP & maybe FM which takes us to another long break from LP (either good for the band or not, as they have mentioned in err ATS? era that they would like to release a new album every 2 years? Something like that, if I got it wrong, sorry :P ) Don't forget to add promotion, TV appearances etc. + world tours (LP, FM cause I don't think STP would go outside USA). Impossibru. And this takes us where? Yes, the global why-no-insert.country.name.here crying. IMHO it would be awesome to get a proper US->EU->Asia->EU->US tours again. Is there any chance that due to STP "plans" for an album and MAYBE a tour the new LP album will be released late 2014/early 2015?

I think it's too early to tell about timelines. And LP did say 2 year/18months, but we know how LP is about timelines.

However, who knows if LP will go back to the US-EU-Asia-EU-US tour again. They seemed really happy with the way the last tour went.

Chester won't work with DBS again, he is now part of 2 great bands and btw he was very dissapointed with the lack of promotion & sales of OOA.

Thank god.

lol sorry I couldn't post it faster :P

I felt like during the interview that Chester was bursting to say that "HELL YES I'M THE NEW SINGER OF STONE TEMPLE PILOTS!" And then at the end he didn't seem to want to get Scott upset, even though the other band members didn't seem to mind.

It is a bit of a different matter now that we know he is the officially the lead singer of STP, but I'm going to trust Chester. I highly doubt he'd screw us over, and he keeps saying in interviews that LP is his number one priority.

I think I'll save my money for Sunset Strip and check out STP if they hit Dallas.

Also whoever said LP would tour with STP. Chester had a hard enough time doing the one show, I can't imagine him doing both. Though I haven't heard many STP songs, they seem to be easier on his throat, but I still doubt they'd do a Fort Minor/LP type thing with STP and LP.

I just thought it was hilarious how I made my little snide comment and in under a minute you come in with confirmation. :lol:

I'm always happy when things like this happen, where somebody gets to be in the band that's always inspired them. Even though he's replacing a good friend and idol...

If I'm being real though, I've always had a sort of wish that Chester would have been the new singer for Alice in Chains. Like, really badly I wanted that. Like- Oh, Chester is joining Alice in Chains, but the catch is Linkin Park is breaking up for good. I'd be like, shut the hell up and put out a remake of "I Stay Away" quick. That's how bad I would've wanted that.

But STP is cool too. Chester belongs in a grunge band.

Edited by R2DeepThroat

Okay...seriously? I've been wondering for a long time, but are you like, mentally stable at all? You seriously do complete 180-degree turnarounds from praising Linkin Park to writing them off as shit on a damn near weekly basis. I have NEVER seen someone go from sucking the collective dicks of a band to talking shit about them as many times as you have. At least people like Joe and spraypaintinkpens are consistent when it comes to being haters. Jesus christ.

Thank you for the kind words!

Joking aside, this is probably a good thing for us fans. More content with Chester and STP and I'm sure Mike won't just sit around. I sense a FM album in the mix....