Chester Joins Stone Temple Pilots

Xero21

So people still take LIT as a "live" performance? If this is your reference of live sound you will never be happy.

I don't think they went back into the studio and re-recorded stuff. I think the mix just has the guitars cranked way up.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So people still take LIT as a "live" performance? If this is your reference of live sound you will never be happy.

LIT isn't even my personal favourite. Pick almost any concert from 2003 or 2004.

I was at KROQ's Weenie Roast and the performance caught everyone off guard. The crowd cheered super loud as soon as they figured out it was Stone Temple Pilots, but throughout all of Vasoline, everyone was saying things like, "Is that Chester of Linkin Park?" and "Who's the guy in the sunglasses?" It wasn't until the second or third song that it seemed to really click with everyone, at least in my section of the amphitheater. Awesome performance, though, and it's cool to see Chester get to become part of one of his favorite bands.

KROQ seems to be pulling down webcast captures pretty fast, but if you're curious what Chester sounded like singing "Wicked Garden," I took a video of it. Not the best view, but good sound quality:

Edited by JSR

If Chester and STP releases ONE album and a short tour before Scott comes back... It will be awesome. But if Scott doesn't it may be a bit of a problem for LP. Being a frontman of LP and DBS is one thing. DBS is a small band. STP on the other hand are pretty big and established band and that will take away a lot of time. Chester can't just throw STP aside like he did with DBS. That new song is awesome though.

They removed the webcast videos from YouTube. Did anyone manage to download what was uploaded before they took it down?

i did, but the audio muted in these two files (the 14:20 and "Out Of Time"), it's never happen to me before.

but i still have "Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart" works fine.

Edit:

Out Of Time - new link.

14:20 - small screen.

still trying to attain the whole thing in one file.

Edited by Skipees

How come Out Of Time is such low quality compared to the others? The volume is turned WAYYYY down.

probably someone bad-ripped from YouTube and then reuploaded. happens all the time. Edited by Skipees

Christ, this is getting ugly. I had a feeling Scott wouldn't take this lying down, and he does have a semi-legitimate claim. Even so, the rest of the band fired him because he was screwing up the shows because of his addictions.

I don't think this will affect the band until there's a ruling or some sort of legal restriction placed on the band that prevents them from performing or something like that.

he didn't say any bad things about STP keep playing without him or about Chester. the only thing that bother him is the name thing.

Like any band that's stood the test of time and made music for more than two decades, STP had a special alchemy - the four of us together were greater than any one of us apart. So if my former bandmates want to tour with a new singer, that's their prerogative.

Edited by Skipees

See, but that's the thing - he's refusing to acknowledge them as STP - just his bandmates plus Chester. That's what the real shitstorm's going to be about.

yes but don't forget he was part of the band, he was write (all?) the lyrics. the name belongs to him too.

I don't know much about STP but judging from the song credits, he doesn't seem to be the writer genius in the band. He doesn't have a writing credit on a lot of the songs. He's barely credited on the first 2 albums.

I don't know much about STP but judging from the song credits, he doesn't seem to be the writer genius in the band. He doesn't have a writing credit on a lot of the songs. He's barely credited on the first 2 albums.

youre right, it seems like STP is more DeLeo brothers band, they did most of the things.

Looks like you are looking at their wiki pages:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_(Stone_T...e_Pilots_album)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_(album)

You just missed the note that says "All lyrics written by Scott Weiland, except where noted".

Scott Weiland wrote or co-wrote every song on every album.