Chester Joins Stone Temple Pilots

Xero21

KROQ Weenie Roast Setlist

I have never had an in depth listen to Stone Temple Pilots. Now would be a great time though. I like the preview although I would have liked to have heard a bit more growl to the "Time" during the final "You're running out of time".

I don't want to speculate or make a comment about the situation until more information comes to light, however, I will say that this is very sudden and very interesting.

Edited by ToddWilliamson

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow woke up to 15 texts on my phone lol. I can't believe they did all of this without it getting leaked.

Basically so happy that everyone here is happy for Chester. We know he's been a STP fan since he was a kid, so this is HUGE for him. I'm so happy for him!!

I love DBS so much, more for the potential of hearing Chester do more rock stuff (because I think Julien K/Benson ruined OOA) then the actual stuff they've put out so far. Chester working with the remaining members of STP I think will give him that opportunity and it will produce some amazing stuff. Out of Time is really good.

And I looked on BelowEmpty and I think they're entitled to be pissed/not embrace Chester. I know for sure I'd be pissed at first if LP did the same. But you can see more people coming around to the idea. I hope someone can go to the Mountain View show and report a setlist.

Here's the lyric for "Out of Time".

Longing is the animal inside you when you bleed

Suffering is critical in finding what you need

Deliverance is evidence there's more than what you say

Pain is there the moment that you wake up from your dreams

Oh, I know you can't tithe

Oh, when you look inside yourself

You've got to cross that line

Yeah, you're running out of time

Loneliness is beautiful, it leads you home again

Happiness is overrated, joy is infinite

Liberate the hate you feel before it's permanent

Smile when it hurts, it works like mother's medicine

Oh, I know you can't tithe

Oh, when you look inside yourself

you've got to cross that line

You've got to learn your lesson to see what you've been missing

You've got to cross that line

Yeah, you've got to look inside

Yeah, it's time that you decide

Yeah, you've got to cross that line

Ah the MusiCares MAP Fund Benefit Concert is Chester + members of STP + some others, so I bet they perform a STP song or this new song they just did. The STP fans kind of guessed at Chester being the lead singer when they heard about this. Interesting. So that's what the STP show is on the 30th in LA.

Oh my God, I just said the other day "When are Stone Temple Pilots gonna make a new album?" Then yesterday I found out Scott is gone (for now). But waking up today to find Chester singing there with a new song blew my freaking mind! I think Chester will be a great temp singer, but Scott should still be there.

How can you respect Scott though after all of the on stage meltdowns he has had over the years? He can't truly be in it 100% if he's abusing the fuck out of the drugs and alcohol. He is a total nutcase these days.

Chester surprisingly sounds very similar to him singing these songs (referencing the KROQ video). Not my type of music and I don't like STP music at all, but I'd see this live since Chester is a boss and he seems like he's having a blast on stage.

How can you respect Scott though after all of the on stage meltdowns he has had over the years? He can't truly be in it 100% if he's abusing the fuck out of the drugs and alcohol. He is a total nutcase these days.

Chester surprisingly sounds very similar to him singing these songs (referencing the KROQ video). Not my type of music and I don't like STP music at all, but I'd see this live since Chester is a boss and he seems like he's having a blast on stage.

Our very own Chester was once heavily into drugs as well. As for Scott, he was a good vocalist, but he was struggling with the vocals for STP earlier this year and was a douche about it to the other band members, so they fired him.

Edited by Geki

I'd rather Chester be Scott's replacement in Velvet Revolver, but this song is pretty awesome.

I wonder if this has anything to do with LP's lack of touring, perhaps if Chester has been hauled up in the studio with STP that is why the rest of the band have also gone back to the studio so early.

Is like Stone Temple Pîlots with Chester is what Dead By Sunrise should be sound without Julien-K, or at least without the synths.

I'm really happy with this news, Chester the New STP Singer woow.

But this will be like, Camp Freedy or Bucket Of Weenies, couple of shows, here, and there and thats it.

I just only want that all of this don't hold up the next album working process.

If somebody were to remix Out Of Time with some synth and added electro beats and stuff, it could be played as a new DBS song. :)

Somebody should give it a shot !

Nah... Lol.