07.12.2012 - Culver City, CA - VGA Ten

hahninator

There's no way the live version, especially in it's first performance AND at an awards show, was going to top what's on the album, but it was still a good effort from LP.

This. Although it was an awesome performance, I don't think it will ever top the studio version.

But then again, if they play it on the AUS tour and blow my mind, I might change my mind.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought it was an excellent performance of the song (except for Joe's stuff up at the beginning). I know he's said that the best part of a live show is the end (because he gets to go home after that), but goddamn! As others have said, so many stuff ups lately.

They NAILED the final chorus IMO - loved how Chester's vocals were much louder in the mix, even though the four singing was rather epic.

If you check out gametrailers.com, they are hosting the entire show in parts. Part 5 is the LP performance and it's quite easy to rip a nice quality mp4 from it when you choose the 'progressive' option, rather than 'streaming'.

mike was better than i thought.. brad and phoneix should've never song..

Awesome performance... Chester sounds 100% better than Mike singing the verses. Can't wait for it to be included on a DSP. Works for a live song, IMO.

dont make me laugh :)

I loved the part when they all sang together! This was exactly how I imagined it. The shot of that part was a good one, nice job by the crew. Just one thingy, why didn't Chester play the acoustic guitar so Brad could've done an extra guitar part. To give it more texture, especially because the studio version uses two electric guitars in the chroruses.