07.12.2012 - Culver City, CA - VGA Ten

hahninator

I loved the part when they all sang together! This was exactly how I imagined it. The shot of that part was a good one, nice job by the crew. Just one thingy, why didn't Chester play the acoustic guitar so Brad could've done an extra guitar part. To give it more texture, especially because the studio version uses two electric guitars in the chroruses.

I've never really seen Chester playing an instrument while singin;

look at SOTD, Iridescent or WTCFM performance, they seems so nervous.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a suspicion here. is it possible that they used some effect (maybe autotune..) on chester's voice in the last chorus? i first thought that they had a woman singing with them.^^

watch the video closely ,he was singing w/ passion,he can sing in 3 ways,

1:Scream

2:medley,heard him?

3:this one,a singer can tune his throat in many ways,you just need to be a professional singer,his throat is fully open to sing in any circumstances

i got a suspicion here. is it possible that they used some effect (maybe autotune..) on chester's voice in the last chorus? i first thought that they had a woman singing with them.^^

i think it's just because mike's voice is shivering while singing and in the combination with chester it sounds weird.

Wow, great debut. Watched it live and I was impressed. Yeah the intro fuck up was funny but hey that's LP for ya :P

Chester sounded GREAT. For once I love all the vocals haha. Loved the shot of the four band members singing too. Really solid debut, the best I've seen from them in a while. I like COG way better than BID....I think COG could have been a better first single. Anyway the band nailed the performance. I'm interested where in the set COG will be played tonight at KROQ.

There's an effect going on with Chester's voice. I think they have a slight auto-tune for it. But everyone else blended so well

Chester wasn't using autotune, you can hear his voice crack many times in this performance. He doesn't need autotune, he is an excellent singer. Mike was the one probably using autotune, he has before many times.

Chester wasn't using autotune, you can hear his voice crack many times in this performance. He doesn't need autotune, he is an excellent singer. Mike was the one probably using autotune, he has before many times.

they definitly used some effects on both of them.

I can only hear those effects on the multi-angled version. It wasn't there on the standard broadcast and isn't on the version that I downloaded either. If you listen carefully, those effects are even audible on the presenter talking after the band finishes (on the multi-angle version). Shame, because the mix on this version did sound a lot better than the broadcast version.

Edited by Narc85

• 3 months later...