07.12.2012 - Culver City, CA - VGA Ten

hahninator

Tonight, Linkin Park will be playing in Culver City, CA for VGA Ten (Video Game Awards Ten) at Sony Pictures Studios. Tenacious D will also be performing and the show will be hosted by none other than Samuel L. Jackson! Catch the performance on Spike TV at 9:00pm EST / 6:00pm PST and also on MTV 2, MTV Tr3s, Spike.com and GameTrailers.com.

The band will be debuting 'CASTLE OF GLASS' tonight for its first performance ever. The first appearance of the song comes almost two months after its

was released in October. It will be the latest debut off of the album, which has already had 'LOST IN THE ECHO', 'IN MY REMAINS', 'BURN IT DOWN', 'LIES GREED MISERY', 'VICTIMIZED' (mashed up with part of 'QWERTY'), 'TINFOIL' and part of 'UNTIL IT BREAKS', making it the eighth song off of LIVING THINGS to be played live in some form. Only 'I'LL BE GONE', 'ROADS UNTRAVELED', 'SKIN TO BONE', 'POWERLESS', and a full 'UNTIL IT BREAKS' remain to be played.

Who will be watching tonight? Who's excited to see the song appear live?

stage_rad has been posting some Instagram pictures of rehearsals the past few days, check a few of those out right here and here.

On the 8th, Linkin Park will be playing the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas in Universal City, CA at the Gibson Amphitheatre. It will be their first appearance at KROQ AAC since 2007. It is also their last show scheduled for 2012, so hopefully there will be a surprise or two in the setlist for the show! For the full 2012 list of tour dates including setlists, show notes, pictures and more, click here.

EDIT:

The performance of the song has produced some of the most positive comments we've heard on a live debut of a song in a while! Maybe since 'Blackout'? Check the HD video above and let us know your thoughts in the comments. Also, this shot of four band members singing has been getting a lot of praise. Not bad! Overall it was a very nice debut for 'CASTLE OF GLASS'!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'POWERLESS' now added :P

Where in the set do you think it'll go? I'd like to see something like this for KROQ AAC but it's unrealistic :P

01. A Place For My Head

02. Given Up

03. Somewhere I Belong

04. Empty Spaces

05. When They Come For Me

06. With You

07. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)

08. Points Of Authority

09. IN MY REMAINS

10. Waiting For The End

11. Breaking The Habit

12. CASTLE OF GLASS (Acoustic)

13. Numb (Acoustic)

14. My December (Acoustic)

15. In The End (Acoustic)

16. LOST IN THE ECHO

17. What I've Done

18. BURN IT DOWN

19. Bleed It Out

------------

20. TINFOIL

21. Faint

22. Lying From You / Papercut

23. One Step Closer

Looks good to me. Drop New Divide, the Ballad Medley, and The Catalyst and add CASTLE OF GLASS and My December. Acoustic section mid set.

Where in the set do you think it'll go? I'd like to see something like this for KROQ AAC but it's unrealistic :P

01. A Place For My Head

02. Given Up

03. Somewhere I Belong

04. Empty Spaces

06. With You

08. Points Of Authority

09. IN MY REMAINS

10. Waiting For The End

11. Breaking The Habit

13. Numb (Acoustic)

16. LOST IN THE ECHO

17. What I've Done

18. BURN IT DOWN

19. Bleed It Out

------------

20. TINFOIL

21. Faint

23. One Step Closer

Looks good to me. Drop New Divide, the Ballad Medley, and The Catalyst and add CASTLE OF GLASS and My December. Acoustic section mid set.

I don't think it will be acoustic but that looks like the ideal place in the set for it.

Guest RockSylvie

01. A Place For My Head

02. Given Up

03. Somewhere I Belong

04. Empty Spaces

06. With You

08. Points Of Authority

09. IN MY REMAINS

10. Waiting For The End

11. Breaking The Habit

13. Numb (Acoustic)

16. LOST IN THE ECHO

17. What I've Done

18. BURN IT DOWN

19. Bleed It Out

------------

20. TINFOIL

21. Faint

23. One Step Closer

I'd drop Lying From You / Papercut and add POWERLESS instead. The rest looks good.

The song that needs a new face is NUMB, god they have never done anything to it, im so sick of it, they can do a lot of things

*acoustic version

*piano version

*bring the Collision Course beat

Also, the Rock AM Ring 2004 version was epic... My favorite one. They could do a lot for Numb. I am sick of it as well. I don't think they will ever drop it, though... Seems to be a staple.

Warren (one of the guys of LP Crew) said today that the stage will be huge for tonight.

KROQ's Show will be broadcasted live as every year?

"Watch Saturday night’s show beginning Monday, December 10th at 10am, while Sunday night’s show will be webcast on Tuesday, December 11th at 10am. These will be your only opportunities to watch KROQ’s Almost Acoustic Christmas"

Source: http://kroq.cbslocal.com/the-23rd-annual-k...istmas-webcast/

VGA SETLIST:

• CASTLE OF GLASS (Intro Mess-up; Live Debut)

Show Notes:

- Linkin Park was nominated for 'Best Song In Game' for 'CASTLE OF GLASS'.

- Chester, Mike, Phoenix and Brad all sang on 'CASTLE OF GLASS'.

Debuts:

- 'CASTLE OF GLASS'

Will update the show note if they win. Jesus FUCK that was amazing

Edited by Soul

There's no way the live version, especially in it's first performance AND at an awards show, was going to top what's on the album, but it was still a good effort from LP.

Cool to see the guys all singing together in a row, and I always love when Chester's background vocals overpower Mike's. As much as I'd like to see the song performed in person, I think it has the same live vibe as "Burning in the Skies" in that it's just not concert friendly.