LPU 12 Has Launched!

hahninator

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked PICTUREBOARD entry

why MARK WAKEFIELD & CHESTER are credited for the song?

wasnt this a Xero song?

maybe they re recorded it with Chazy

The confirmed songs from the Xero era are Stick N Move, Fuse, Reading My Eyes, Rhinestone, Coal, and Pictureboard. Plus Mike said there was a version of Esaul from this time period. Since Rhinestone later became Forgotten, Wakefield is credited on Forgotten and Frgt10. He is also credited on A Place For My Head and Plc 4 Mie Haed because of Esaul coming together as a Xero track initially and later being reworked into Esaul by Hybrid Theory. He's credited on Runaway and Rnw y because Stick N Move later was transformed into Runaway. He is NOT credited on Coal because it is an instrumental song and he never recorded vocals for it (as far as we know) so it probably was just a track by Joe and Mike. Chester and Phoenix (and Brad and Rob) are credited on it because it was released under the band name Linkin Park so all 6 members get credit for it. Wakefield also has a listing in the BMI database for Reading My Eyes since LP released it on LPU 6 even though Chester sang on it live.

While a version of Pictureboard might exist with Wakefield on it (I would think there is at least one version with him on it that Shinoda still has), the version that is registered in the BMI database is a version that I'm guessing Chester recorded vocals for early on in the Hybrid Theory sessions (maybe 1999 or something). I don't think they'd release a song at this point with Wakefield on vocals so he is credited probably because he originally recorded vocals for the track when it was a Xero song.

I find it interesting Slip and Blue didn't credit Wakefield, which means both of those songs (as well as everything from the Hybrid Theory EP and all those related tracks) were composed after Wakefield had left the band completely and were Hybrid Theory band songs and not Xero-related at all (unless Shinoda/Hahn had raw demos of a few of them and Wakefield didn't touch any).

Is that Dell offer still running? I have an idea.

I think so. I thought about taking donations to get it but I wouldn't know what to do with the laptop. Maybe give it away in a raffle to everyone that donates. Each dollar gets you a raffle ticket, lol. Who knows. Sounds complicated.

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopi...=eep&~ck=mn

I think so. I thought about taking donations to get it but I wouldn't know what to do with the laptop. Maybe give it away in a raffle to everyone that donates. Each dollar gets you a raffle ticket, lol. Who knows. Sounds complicated.

You insane? :P Better buy it yourself, get the track (s) and then change your mind and get a full refund (you should have one week after the purchae for that right?) :P That's better idea hah Edited by michalangelo

The confirmed songs from the Xero era are Stick N Move, Fuse, Reading My Eyes, Rhinestone, Coal, and Pictureboard. Plus Mike said there was a version of Esaul from this time period. Since Rhinestone later became Forgotten, Wakefield is credited on Forgotten and Frgt10. He is also credited on A Place For My Head and Plc 4 Mie Haed because of Esaul coming together as a Xero track initially and later being reworked into Esaul by Hybrid Theory. He's credited on Runaway and Rnw y because Stick N Move later was transformed into Runaway. He is NOT credited on Coal because it is an instrumental song and he never recorded vocals for it (as far as we know) so it probably was just a track by Joe and Mike. Chester and Phoenix (and Brad and Rob) are credited on it because it was released under the band name Linkin Park so all 6 members get credit for it. Wakefield also has a listing in the BMI database for Reading My Eyes since LP released it on LPU 6 even though Chester sang on it live.

While a version of Pictureboard might exist with Wakefield on it (I would think there is at least one version with him on it that Shinoda still has), the version that is registered in the BMI database is a version that I'm guessing Chester recorded vocals for early on in the Hybrid Theory sessions (maybe 1999 or something). I don't think they'd release a song at this point with Wakefield on vocals so he is credited probably because he originally recorded vocals for the track when it was a Xero song.

I find it interesting Slip and Blue didn't credit Wakefield, which means both of those songs (as well as everything from the Hybrid Theory EP and all those related tracks) were composed after Wakefield had left the band completely and were Hybrid Theory band songs and not Xero-related at all (unless Shinoda/Hahn had raw demos of a few of them and Wakefield didn't touch any).

Slip IS credited to Mark Wakefield in the LPU 11 booklet, but he's not on the BMI entry for some reason.

I enquired about it a while back to be completely shut down by Dell saying it was a US only offer. I was a little upset haha

I agree, instrumentals can be cool, but I think there was a bit of a reliance on those kinds of tracks on LPUX, LPU11 got the balance right I think.

these titles always sound really interesting, even if they're not the names it's still pretty cool imagining what these sorts of tracks might sound like.

still, I'm not a member of LPU so I'll probably hear them later than most of you :P

Hope this info helps out alot. Just use google translate. Source: http://www.taringa.net/comunidades/linkinp...-Noviembre.html

Membership LPU 12 out next November 15

On Thursday held a chat very quickly and without notice in the hall of the LPU. On Thursday held a chat very Quickly and without notice in the hall of the LPU. Adam Ruehmer, gave us the news that there is already a release date for the next annual membership: November 15. Adam Ruehmer, gave us the News that there is already a release date for the next annual memberships: November 15. Yet know that the package will contain the same or costs, however to invite you to be very outstanding, and we know that contains memorabilia from the band. Yet the package will Know That Contain the same or costs, However to invite you to be very outstanding, and we know That contains memorabilia from the band. Adam specified that the demo cd that came with the membership does not contain songs "Living Things". That Adam specified the demo cd came With The memberships That Does not Contain songs "Living Things".

source taken from this site and source comfirmado by adam taken from this site and comfirmado by adam

NEW INFORMATION OF NEW INFORMATION FROM UNDERGROUND UNDERGROUND 12 12

On 3 October, held a chat room in LP Underground. On 3 October, held a chat room in LP Underground. On this occasion, we talk (very briefly and very specific topics) with Adam Ruehmer, Marketing Manager of Linkin Park. On this occasion, we talk (very Briefly and very specific topics) with Adam Ruehmer, Marketing Manager of Linkin Park.

This chat took place, as Adam pointed through his Twitter account (@ heydudeimadam), there were many doubts about the proximity of the new membership LP Underground 12 ... This chat took place, as Adam pointed through his Twitter account ( @ heydudeimadam) Were there many Doubts about the proximity of the new memberships LP Underground 12 ...

The most important points that we know are as follows: The most important points are That we know:

• The new membership of LPU12 be available in November. • The new membership of LPU12 be available in November. More details will be announced soon ... More details will be announced soon ...

• Similarly, soon there may be a sale of the LPU store with products for $ 1 ... • Similarly, there may soon be a sale of the LPU store with products for $ 1 ...

• Can you organize a "Summit" in South Africa in November, but still not 100% sure ... • Can you Organize a "Summit" in South Africa in November, but still not 100% sure ...

• Many fans claim that membership should include LPU CD demos instead of cash it apart, Adam said that this is required by the Warner label, that if they give away these cds out ... • Many fans claim memberships That Should include LPU CD demos instead of cash it apart, Adam Said That this is required by the Warner label, That If They Give Away These cds out ...

I'm way more excited for LPU12 than I am for Bruiser, if we do ever get it. But I'm very interested in what the other 2 tracks will be demos of. I'm hoping for something really awesome. I can't wait. It has MTM demos on it like Mike told me at the summit, so I'm very happy about that..

I think it's a good idea. We could involve other fan sites in it too to get money faster.

I think the problem with that would be that we actually need it before we would raffle it away, i don't think it's "legal" to raffle something off under the condition that the raffle actually pays for the price. If not enough money is collected, nobody can win anything and what about the money that was reached?

A kickstarter project serves the same idea but no matter what it kinda contradicts our rules with official material, which is a downside to actually advertise this project.

I'm pretty sure they actually only sold a very very low number of these yet, otherwise we would have this already.

I'm pretty sure they actually only sold a very very low number of these yet, otherwise we would have this already.

Haha, I guess everyone who ordered the laptop got the stuff and was like: 'wtf is that shit dell ships with their computers? I have to delete this right away!'.

But it's very surprising that it didn't appear yet. Some people must have bought it. Can't imagine they didn't sell any of these yet.

It's just....how would you get the hype going? We have demos on the LPU9, LPUX, LPU11 and LPU12 CDs plus older demos on the other LPU CDs. Basically I think a lot of fans would see it as just" oh it's just another instrumental and we have a ton of those" and they wouldn't go for it.

Don't get me wrong, the LPU CDs are fucking awesome and I love them and hope they continue forever but in this sense I think getting Bruiser would be harder because of the fact we have so many unreleased songs now lol. Face it, only really legit hardcore fans probably would donate to get it. It'd take a combination of a whole lot of fansites and then you have the legality of it all. Don't really know if it could be possible - that's a lot of $.

I think we should give it another few months before we decide to try something unique to get it. It's shocking that it hasn't leaked at all. Wish we would have asked the person at the Summit who won it to get it for us.