LPU 12 Has Launched!

hahninator

Do u guys think they were gonna remake So Far Away for meteora with the,Soundtrack instrumental? I mean it,has the,same elements but different vibe and tone...try singing the chorus for so far away in,the chorus part of soundtrack...it sounds good with it...idk i just feel like that was the idea for the soundtrack song

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do u guys think they were gonna remake So Far Away for meteora with the,Soundtrack instrumental? I mean it,has the,same elements but different vibe and tone...try singing the chorus for so far away in,the chorus part of soundtrack...it sounds good with it...idk i just feel like that was the idea for the soundtrack song

Probably broke the song down to just that one drum beat that they reused and built a new song from there. Kind of like what they did with Stick N' Move and Runaway.

Anyone think So Far Away has a chance of being played live? Or anything on tge EP?

LP will never play demos like these (LPU9-LPU12) live. More than half of them aren't even complete songs. It would also be terrible live if they were to perform some of the songs...

Yeah, a lot of the demos we've gotten the last few years that didn't have vocals (at least the ones from MTM era or later) probably DID at least get scat vocals at some point, they likely just abandoned the songs before the vocals ever took on a definitive form so they chose to mute them out for the LPU releases. I'd rather not have scat vocals on demos anyway unless they're demos of songs that wound up on albums (like Fear and Drum Song), since it gives us a glimpse of how the vocals evolved from the demo to the final version.

On an unrelated note, just noticed that LP got their dates wrong once again, labeling So Far Away as a "1998 demo" even though it has Chester on it and he joined in '99.

Edited by Astat

btw anyone willing to write the lyrics?

I think I've got the lyrics for So Far Away, English is not my primary language so there might be some mistakes.

Save me now

From this mess that I've created

All the souls have gone

And I'm stranding here with doubt and fear alone

Tell me how

I've been far from all this madness

I don't know what's wrong

But I cannot help but try to push it

So far away

(xxxx inside of me)

So hard to say

(I don't want to say it anyway)

Save me now

I'm the mess that I created

And my soul has gone

For some reason all I do is push it

So far away

(xxxx inside of me)

So hard to say

[x2]

It's so far away

(xxxx inside of me)

So hard to say

So far away

(xxxx inside of me)

So hard to say

I don't want to say it anyway

The xxxxx are words that I can't hear

Edited by VFCMartins

3 songs from 1998 with chester singing. I start to wonder if he really joined the band in 1999

Maybe they worked on some tracks before chester be definetely a part of the band

The story around how Chester joined the band is so solid, there's no way they have been done in 1998.

I always thought that Xero was formed in 1996, the Xero EP came out in 1997, Chester joined the band in 1998, the band changed their name to Hybrid Theory/Linkin Park in 1999, and then in 2000 they finished up Hybrid Theory and released it. That's how I always have thought it went in my head and that's how I will always think it.

I always thought that Xero was formed in 1996, the Xero EP came out in 1997, Chester joined the band in 1998, the band changed their name to Hybrid Theory/Linkin Park in 1999, and then in 2000 they finished up Hybrid Theory and released it. That's how I always have thought it went in my head and that's how I will always think it.

Haha I thought the same for a long time, then I read some articles about the history of the band and I didn't believed that Chester joined in 1999 and not in 1998.