Clarity (Minutes to Midnight Demo)

Asbestos (Minutes to Midnight Demo)

Bunker (Minutes to Midnight Demo)

So Far Away (Unreleased 1998)

Pepper (Meteora Demo)

Debris (Minutes to Midnight Demo)

Ominous (Meteora Demo)

Forgotten (Demo)

How should we go about discussing the songs, AndOne? I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just curious. Are there spoiler tags here?

My copy's downloading now. This is the first time I've legitimately bought the LPU CD since 2009.

Edited by SomedudeRemix

I'm about halfway through the album.

Asbestos was completely unexpected with those vocals that came in, shit. It's really short, really reminiscent of Victimized in that regard. POA is the full-quality 9-track/8-track demo we've had for years. Really instrumental-heavy this time around - Asbestos is the only track besides POA with vocals, halfway in.

EDIT: MIKE IS SINGING ON SO FAR AWAY. MIKE IS SINGING. ON A TRACK FROM 1998.

Edited by SomedudeRemix

So Far Away is my favorite one so far. Pepper is another generic Meteora demo, but it's significantly better than Broken Foot last year. Debris is incredible so far - another Mike solo track in the vein of Hands Held High, but it hits harder in the chorus with his vocals. This year is really Mike-heavy - Chester's only vocals so far are backing vocals on So Far Away.

EDIT: Ominous is another decent Meteora instrumental - these two were much better than the shit we got on LPU 11.

Forgotten sounds like a variation of the 9/8-track version circulating for years. I'm sure it's not him, especially after hearing the chorus, but during the intro (the call-and-response) Chester sounds suspiciously like Mark Wakefield.

Edited by SomedudeRemix

This CD is really amazing. Not my favorite LPU CD ever, but amazing. Lack of Chester vocals kind of bums me out, but I cannot complain, I've wanted MTM Demos like this for many years. Abestos and Debris are my favorite tracks. Kind of lame that we got POA and Forgotten that we have had forever. They could have used other songs in their place. So Far Away sounds like Mark Wakefield singing, to be honest. That is a really good song. Reminds me a bit of Staind, not sure why. I love Homecoming. Overall, great CD, very happy about it. And btw, Bunker sounds like theme music to a vampire castle or something.

On my first listen through:

Homecoming: A great track with no vocals, but it has a very clear structure where to vocals should have gone. Very verse-chorus-verse-chorus. Very Linkin Park and very reminiscent of the MTM era stuff. Sorta uplifting vibe to it.

Points of Authority (Demo): I haven't ever heard this version, though other people said they have. I like the mixed-up verses and the new sink or swim part. Very different than the final version.

Clarity: Clanky/Electro intro sound neat, as the guitars slowly weave their way in the verse. The build up to the chorus is neat. Almost sounds like they were missing the lead guitars, drums, and vocals being tracked for this song.

Asbestos: Aggressive, fast, rap/rock track. Sorta reminds me of Given Up. Almost doesn't sound like Mike. Short and sweet song.

Bunker: Wierd electro intro with drums and scratches. Instrumental track, not intended to have vocals on it. Almost sounds like some samples of Session are in it. Clearly Session beat out this instrumental on MTM.

So Far Away: Wow. Mike singing on a 1998 track. Crazy. And he has full singing duties, he does the ENTIRE song. Aggressive guitars. With some polish, this could have been a great HT track or B-Side.

Pepper: Mellow intro/verse. Rockin' chrous. Nothing really special about the track. Bridge reminds me of listen to cicadas (bugs) in my backyard during the summer.

Debris: Big drums, Mike raps. Feels Fort Minor-ish. GANG VOCALS. Missing 2nd verse and Bridge. Nice song.

Ominous: Nice guitar intro. Blows up but not Nu-Metal, just rock. Instrumental, but has a vocal structure. Thee guitar is very prominent but not Nu-Metal heavy like normal LP songs from this era. Neat song, and very unique for the time in LP's life.

Forgotten: I'm not sure if this one has been heard yet or not, but it is pretty much what you'd think. A rough sounding 'Forgotten'. Some of the lyrics are changed. Nothing

Pretty awesome LPU CD this year. Some VERY unique songs on here and well worth the purchase.

Edited by LPFreak64