LPU 12 Has Launched!

hahninator

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, thank you

anyone else noticing that the sample in - what would have been - the chorus of Pepper, sounds really similar to the one used on the instrumental bridge of She Couldn't?

and I'm getting a real Numb/Encore-esque vibe off Debris' guitar parts.

Homecoming (Minutes to Midnight Demo) - Good Verse/Chours/Verse Track & could of been on the album right after Wake.

Points of Authority (Demo) - Somebody needs to take every single version of this song & make it into one HUGE mash-up.

Clarity (Minutes to Midnight Demo) - Good Stuff. Could be worked on more.

9:18 Asbestos (Minutes to Midnight Demo) - THIS IS AMAZING !! THIS SHOULD OF MADE THE ALBUM !! It should of been Wake/Homecoming/Asbestos/Given Up....

11:13 Bunker (Minutes to Midnight Demo) - This sounds like a track that was worked on & forgotten so they just put it on the cd.

15:09 So Far Away (Unreleased 1998) - I wonder how many demos we have from 1998 ? We could end up with a full album from '98 alone lol.

18:02 Pepper (Meteora Demo) - This along with the Meteora Demos from LPUX, this has to be from the album they were working on before it was scratched for Meteora, if anybody knows about that.

20:59 Debris (Minutes to Midnight Demo) - THIS SHOULD OF BEEN ON ATS !! Right after WTCFM. I always said that ATS could of been an 20 Track album.

24:22 Ominous (Meteora Demo) - Like i said for Pepper, they were working on something good. Listen to all the Meteora demos we have from LPU9 till now, they were working on a good sophmore album coming off HT, but for some reason it never came full circle.

27:30 Forgotten (Demo) - The same thing i said for POA. Take every demo of this song & put it together.

I'm seriously not hearing any connection between So Far Away/Soundtrack and Asbestos/Given Up like some people are saying though.

I suppose the opening riff in "Asbestos" sounds similar to the riff prominent in "Given Up," though it seems coincidental to me.

However there are definitely correlations between "So Far Away" and "Soundtrack." If you start listening at 00:57 in "Soundtrack," notice the synth/keyboard that plays, as well as the drum patterns. Then start playing "So Far Away" and you immediately notice the drum patterns are very similar to "Soundtrack's."

Fast forward to 1:22 in "So Far Away" and not only do you hear the same synth/keyboard from "Soundtrack," but you can definitely hear parts of "Coal" as well. Very interesting to listen to.

Edited by Serenity of Ashes

Hey guys, I did a mash-up between Asbestos and Given Up. Check it out here.

Good work, but I don't think Given Up fits with Asbestos at all. Not sure how people are comparing it to Given Up or Victimized. Yes, they sound almost the same style of music, but the actual songs are different in ways.

So surprised people are not liking Clarity. It's one of the standout tracks for me from the CD.

I too quite like Clarity. I love the "drums" track.

I think if Homecming had been finished and put on the album, it'd be one of those tracks like NMS that we'd have all eventually become sick of hearing live :lol:

that reversing sample in the into/verses reminds me of SOTD, or even some of the soundtrack from Portal

Perhaps it's just me, but the demos for Points that I've got are, for "sink or swim" version, 2:47 (9 track), 2:50 (7 track) and 2:51 (8 track) - which are all the same track I believe. So, as the LPU12 version is 3:05, is it an unheard one?

I could well be missing a demo, can only go by what I have!

Aside for that thought, really pleased with the album, some decent stuff going on there. Always nice to have new music =)

I love this new release!

Pepper, Ominous, and So Far Away all have that old LP vibe I'm a fan of (and I'm not even talking about the heavy guitars, it's more about the samples, and Mike melodies in So far away). So far Away might be my favorite on the CD. So fucking happy we're getting a new unreleased HT-era track!

Now, the MTM material. First, I have to say, it was a nice surprise to see that much material from that era. But some of those are the less good stuff on the CD I guess... Homecoming and Asbestos are really amazing though! Nice to finally get some MTM heavier demos. :)

The only thing I missed with LPU12 was 1 or 2 ATS demos, which would have been a better addition to the CD than POA and Forgotten demos I think.

But anyway, I just have to thank LP for giving us the opportunity to have an insight in their music process. That's not really common in the music business, and the simple fact we're getting those demos is awesome. :)

Mark's version of Rhinestone from that TV show from 1997 would have been FUCKING AWESOME to have. I would actually be more interested in hearing a lot of material worked on with Mark, despite being a huge obsessed Chaz fan.. It's really cool to me.

the 1 month trial membership is laughable; the site is built to be pretty much unusable for "trial" members and you've wasted your code...

So Forgotten is a 100% old demo or has anybody found any differences?

which releases have the other Forgotten Demos? I've got the Xero tape rip (which is obviously different) and the Hybrid Theory Studio Finals from July '00

I'm getting suspicions that Debris could of been an early demo of HHH..

Not possible. The BMI repertoire don't mention demos titles of released song (Bang Three, Drum Songs, Fear are not on it for example).

Debris and HHH are both listed in that repertoire, so they're totally different songs.

The best LPU for me so far. It's always interesting to hear demos, unfinished tracks, etc.

I liked 3 songs wow. Asbestos, so far away, debris, really enjoyed listening to it. On the others LPUs I just like 1 or 2 songs.

Overall is a pretty cool release. And I still waiting for more Xero stuff, my dream is to see some track with Mark vocals...

Or another WhitePegacorn track maybe? :)

I'm getting suspicions that Debris could of been an early demo of HHH..

to repeat what Astat said in the shoutbox, "Song Q" was the working title for Hands Held High.

Debris is really different anyway, so I don't see how you arrived at this!

and for those wondering why Asbestos is being repeatedly compared to Given Up - it's the drum pattern that's very similar, plus there's lots of clunking about on muted strings that's pretty synonymous with Given Up now. I agree it's a tenuous link, but its similarity to a stronger song like Given Up might explain why it was left unfinished (if the timimg of both tracks was similar, I may be making 2+2=5 here...)