Unreleased Hybrid Theory 6 Track Demo CD (by LPA)

StaticXero

Haha 99X in Atlanta...Chris is a popular guy here. I wonder if this going up on eBay has anything to do with 99X just going off the air last week and shutting down... hmm.....

really interesting! hmm

Dust Brothers is awesome (best linkin park demo that i heard ever)

yeah, thought the same during the first listening

man, I love how rough and raw these sound.

i love all the little things that are missing or extra, it's funny how the tiniest little things really stick out since we all know the songs so well

one question - why were the band so obsessed with making Mike sound like he was recorded through a bad phone-line? :lol:

I wouldn't say Dust Brothers is the best demo I have ever heard for LP, but it's really cool sounding. Definitely shines a light on old HT songs for me. I never thought we would get a demo of Papercut, it's really amazing.

Wait, hold up. This demo is marked May 8th, 2000, and it's obvious that the songs are still works in progress.

But wasn't that 12-track Studio Final disc marked May 7, 2000?

Unless the 5/7/00 actually meant July 5th. I dunno. Can someone help me out here?

In any case the demos are pretty cool. That Papercut ending was weird though.

Wait, hold up. This demo is marked May 8th, 2000, and it's obvious that the songs are still works in progress.

Unless the 5/7/00 actually meant July 5th. I dunno. Can someone help me out here?

In any case the demos are pretty cool. That Papercut ending was weird though.

You're right..weird.

This is awesome anyways!

Dust Brothers is the shit :D

That is really weird, normally American dates are read month, day, year. Maybe Warner went with the majority on this date ??

my guess is that the Studio Finals are from July 5th.

I know I'm biased towards UK dates, but I can't see these songs becoming what they are on the studio finals within a day :P

It's also entirely possible that the dates of the CD pressings don't correlate with when the recordings themselves date from. If this was a promo CD sent to 99X, maybe these were just the most recent versions of the songs they were authorized to send to people outside the label at that point.

Sounds to me like someone (at WB) wasn't really feeling the hip-hop parts the songs so they cut them out... just a guess though.

Honestly I think this what Mike is talking about on Get Me Gone Edited by Bliss

Hey guys, I don't really have too much to say. Firstly, behind the tape on the disc, it does say Hybrid theory and behind the whiteout tape on the paper, it also says Hybrid theory. So, if someone knows the month in which they changed their name officially, this would help. This is a Hybrid Theory era Cd. The 2nd earliest Hybrid Theory Warner Internal I believe. This is the earliest Papercut and With You demo, I think.

So, when they make these CDs, they put a date from the day there were made (Pretty sure, hah). The recordings from these COULD be much earlier than May 8. But, probably from about march.

I got this from eBay, so I can't give any background history. The seller has a bunch of Warner Internal CDs. I also know nothing about 99x shutting down, I only heard about this today. I would say this is just a coincidence. But an even better explanation for that is.. 99x sold their CDs off to someone before they finished, and this is how the CD has got out. Its just a possibility.

But yeah, awesome Cd aye? :D