Linkin Park Cancel Deluna Fest Appearance

LPxDC

From LP.com

We regret that we must withdraw from our October 16 performance at DeLuna Fest in Pensacola, FL. As much as we were looking forward to rocking our final date of the year with our Florida fans, Chester has been advised to have immediate shoulder surgery as a result of an injury he sustained during our recent tour in Asia.

We are sorry for any disappointment this has caused and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Refunds for Sunday, single day tickets available at point of purchase: info@delunafest.com

If you would like a refund on single day or 3-day GA passes purchased directly from LinkinPark.com via TopSpin, please click HERE and fill out the necessary support form before October 10, 2011.

-Chester, Rob, Brad, Phoenix, Joe and Mike

FYI, whenever a situation like this happens where someone is under doctor's orders not to perform, it's usually a liability issue that actually keeps them from performing. An unfortunate side effect of being in a major band is that whenever you go on tour, you have a BIG insurance policy taken out in case something happens to you while you're on tour. In Chester's case, something did happen, and once he saw a doctor about it and was told he needed surgery, continuing to perform would probably void his (or more accurately, LP management's) ability to make an injury claim under their insurance policy, or even void the policy altogether, which would mean they'd be losing a TON of money, way more than they would've made back by going on with the performance.

So, in a nutshell, if you're going to be angry about this, blame it on LP's insurance company. Chester is probably physically capable of performing (he finished the Asian tour with the injury, after all), but it's really out of his control.

*Edit* I'm guessing this will probably result in Chester's appearance at that one benefit show/the rumored DBS show next month being cancelled as well.

Edited by Astat

Wow, they need to go on a longer break to recover themselves because they haven't been that much into the whole touring cycle in my opinion...

The whole A Thousand Suns production/tour must have been very exhausting and nerve-stretching for them, I'm glad the cycle is over now.

Anyway, I'm sorry for those who wanted to see them :(

Wow, they need to go on a longer break to recover themselves because they haven't been that much into the whole touring cycle in my opinion...

The whole A Thousand Suns production/tour must have been very exhausting and nerve-stretching for them, I'm glad the cycle is over now.

Anyway, I'm sorry for those who wanted to see them :(

maybe is the most stressfull tour because they visit a lot of country and they had to travel so much, but on stage they're simply unbelieveable;

I've seen the italian show and they're just amazing.

other than I'm sad they're cancelled this show because US got very bad luck (3 show cancelled early this year, 2 rescheduled and now this) and also beecause I was really looking forward to this as maybe would be again some surprise just like the two august US show;

hope they'll tour again in 2012

Edited by LPU90

Damn this sucks. Pretty bummed here since the last show I was going to was Cincinnati and it was canceled as well due to Chester being sick. I guess the liability thing is true because I'm sure Chester could perform for one and a half hours at a one-off fly date show in the middle of October....shouldn't be that big of a deal even if he had to sit on a stool during the band's actual performance. DeLuna here really got fucked although no one can really help it, but they're such a small festival and getting LP for them probably cost over a million dollars for that one appearance....they were the biggest band at the entire festival by a good bit and really brought a lot of ticket sales. Refunds for all of the LP fans I'm sure will be in the thousands. REALLY sucks for those people that bought 3 day passes (because that's all they had) because LP was playing, and then a week ago they announced that they were selling one day passes finally, but now they are only giving refunds for ONE day even if you got a 3 day pass and you only were going for LP. WOW.

I wish they would have confirmed at least when they canceled that they'd play it next year but hell that might mean no Atlanta or Tampa show then...I dunno. LP doesn't play in Pensacola for a reason lol. First time in that area in freakin' ages. The US got unfortunately screwed on this touring cycle, with only one tour and now 4 canceled shows. They should at least make them up in the spring or fall or whenever they'll do an "escape from the studio" tour. Instead of Europe/Asia like before, they should do Washington DC, Uncasville, Cincinnati, DeLuna Festival and some other random ones. Bummed now I didn't go to more shows like Boston, NYC or Philly and do MFR. Only saw 3 shows this touring cycle compared to 9 for Minutes To Midnight.

I'm sure Blackout is done as well as some other ATS songs. Really surprised at no Projekt Revolution Tour this summer. Oh well, what can you do. Time to go see some 10 Years shows I guess. Had a huge weekend planned in Pensacola....hope the next time I see them is 2012 and not 2013.

I wonder if Chester's should problem dates back a few months. I remember at the MSG show he had some medical/physio tape on this neck/shoulder area.

I believe that was actually related to the reason they had to cancel those U.S. shows later that month - when Chester was sick, he went to the hospital and had to get tested for a few different things. They did a spinal tap on him at that point, so the tape was probably just what they used to cover the hole from the spinal tap. The reason they ended up having to cancel those shows wasn't because he was sick, it was because the hole didn't heal up properly and he started leaking spinal fluid.

If they honestly cared, they'd make up this show. They really should do a short US tour again before they really dive into their next album. A ton of people in the US didn't even get to see, nor will ever get to see ATS live now.

Hard to make up festival appearances when the festival promoters are the ones that booked LP in Pensacola, not the other way around.

Edited by Astat

I'm just upset about them not really doing much in the US this year. They never ever hit this area. They could easily do a show in Pensacola, New Orleans, and Mobile every year or at least once on a US tour cycle and it wouldnt hurt them. I mean seriously.

I guess if I ever want to see my favorite band, im going to have to drive 7+hours and use money on overpriced tickets, a shitton of gas, and possibly a hotel if I dont want to drive all day. Fuck.

Im just extremely irritated at this. Just ranting.....

Chester is a bitchass that doesn't care about his fans.

Okay, I have to ask, you were joking right?

And if not, do you let two different people use your account? Because I've always kind of felt like maybe you do. You're usually all about Chester and went through a "Mike isn't that great" phase.

Fast forward to present day and you're all about how Mike is great because he loves the fans and you're down on Chester. Maybe you just have a very flip-floppy personality?

Of course all of that is moot if you were joking. lolz.