04.07.2011 - London, England - iTunes Festival

Maybe the surprise is the live debut of Robot Boy?

as someone else said though, they debut songs all the time and never call them surprises, so i personally don't think it will be robot boy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realised I meant to post this in here:

In case people are wondering, I've been emailing about to get some answers.

Tickets: Pick those up from Box Office, take the card you made the transaction with and some ID in case. You can if you want, ring the TicketMaster Customer Service and ask for the booking code (like I did) to be double sure (it's like 00000/00UK or something)

Times: We've got emails from Apple and LPUHQ, both saying 18.15 approx arrival time. In terms of the M&G, I quote "will likely happen around 8 PM so if the opening band is playing at that time, then yes, you may miss the opening band". This was hinted in the info email and why I emailed LPUHQ, so it seems we may not get the pre-entry to the venue / front row that many ^ were hoping for :(

See you all tomorrow, I'll the Ginger headed guy wearing an LPU 2.0 shirt ;)

I still think the 18:15 will mean the time we get in the venue, with the meet and greet happening before hand, we was promised early entry to the venue so?

On another note I want some opinions, ive been getting the guts to ask mike if I can go up and play guitar, do you think the chances of him saying yes are high? :-)

I'm not so sure, we will see.

In my opinion, iTunes Festival + Live Broadcast = No Real Risks. For all they know (I'm sure your awesome) you could be rubbish and that would kinda blow up in their face.

But who dares wins right? Ask as a longshot saying you know its probably a no and then say "maybe next time then? ;)"

On another note I want some opinions, ive been getting the guts to ask mike if I can go up and play guitar, do you think the chances of him saying yes are high? :-)

I don't think he will say yes, this show will be filmed and streamed worldwide and I doubt LP would take the risk of pulling up a fan on stage for the show tomorrow. I think Mike also said no to people during some of the shows in North America too but I can't remember the reason why.

I hope LP do a collab with Adele, London is her hometown after all. I doubt that will happen though. :P

Across The Line live would be EPIC!

Oh God, that would be awesome. Sometimes I forget that they even have such an awesome song, since it's not on any album. ;)

And also because of that, they're probably not ever going to play it...

The surprise will be ... a black and white webcast :lol:

Oh shit c'mon lol...I can't do that again. That's a terrible idea. SNL was cool, actually really cool, but LPTV, the KROQ webcast and everything else was way too much. They need a reminder we live in 2011, not 1940.

Oh shit c'mon lol...I can't do that again. That's a terrible idea. SNL was cool, actually really cool, but LPTV, the KROQ webcast and everything else was way too much. They need a reminder we live in 2011, not 1940.

hey xD be thankful that at least they arent broadcasting on sepia with old movies interference and all that stuf :P

I sent LPU HQ an email yesterday regarding the M&G. I got the same answer that it will most probably take place at 8pm. I really thought that the M&G would take place before the doors open.

It ruins the whole point of having early entry to the venue IMO.

Think there will be a few upset people later today if this is the case. I know it's for a good charity but some people have really spent a lot of money on the VIP tickets. (Me included)

So really you can choose 2 options on the day. Get near the front and stay there. Or do the M&G and stand near the back, unless you can fight your way through.

Bit annoying really. But sure it will be a great show regardless

Just found out I work till 5 tomorrow and have to miss it, i may download the app on my phone and sneak watch it.

Hope the surprise is good, but with LP I haven come not to get my hopes up.

My ultimate dream would be a new song and it actually be heavy haha. But thats quite a long shot for both of those to happen probably.

At least a return for Fig .09 or QWERTY or sommmmething like that.

@philporter I agree, but we will see what happens. Someone wrote previously that their may be a section cornered off for M&G people, however I suspect we will have to be weaving through the crowd to the front (we'll all do it together ;) )

And were you at the LPU Summit in London Phil?

Yes I was at the London summit. Was by myself and to be honest didn't speak to many people. Not sure why really

Getting there today about 1-1.30 so hopefully will be meeting up with some other LPU members.

Really hope your right about the M&G section. Tempted to miss the M&G to get to the front. Crazy I know

So hang on, when is the podcast in UK time?

EDIT: Never mind, got it.

email i got was:

In celebration of July 4 back home, we will be streaming LIVE from the iTunes Festival at the Roundhouse in London at 8pm BST / 3pm EDT / 12pm PDT. Click here to watch our special show LIVE on Monday from this intimate venue. We have a surprise for you, so don't miss it.

You can also watch live from your iPad, iPod or iPhone if you download the iTunes Festival App here. You also get to watch any of the performances of this festival on-demand for free at the end of the month.

show here: http://t.opsp.in/12yXS

App: http://t.opsp.in/12yXT