04.07.2011 - London, England - iTunes Festival

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, FUCK YOU!

First you are pointing out a big surprise and then it's nothing again, stupid bullshit, I'm fucking disappointed <_<

Why don't you fucking grow up? Seriously? You always put your expectations far too high and I've said this before in other posts. I think you're a cool guy and shit, but jesus! Just because he says there's gonna be a "surprise", you automatically think it's gonna be soooo amazing and your expectations hit the roof. Then, when Mike says it's not gonna be a big deal, you say "FUCK YOU" to him, without even knowing what the hell it is?!

NO-ONE knows what it is, but I'm glad it's upset you.

Who might know - is it enough to download iTunes to watch the show, or do we need to have an iTunes account?

Good question, actually. I don't really need to worry because I do have an account and I do not hate on Apple for whatever [stupid] reason (really… I kinda like the brand, but different story), but for all of you without an account this might be kind of a deal breaker, which I could understand, I don't like to register everywhere either.

However, as there's a support band and setting up an account doesn't take up that much time, you guys won't have any problems if it doesn't work without one and you still wanna watch the show. :)

EDIT: No, you don't have to, when downloading. You are suggested to, I guess, but I'm 99.9% (:P) sure you're not forced to.

Edited by Silvano_D

Good question, actually. I don't really need to worry because I do have an account and I do not hate on Apple for whatever [stupid] reason (really… I kinda like the brand, but different story), but for all of you without an account this might be kind of a deal breaker, which I could understand, I don't like to register everywhere either.

However, as there's a support band and setting up an account doesn't take up that much time, you guys won't have any problems if it doesn't work without one and you still wanna watch the show. :)

EDIT: No, you don't have to, when downloading. You are suggested to, I guess, but I'm 99.9% (:P) sure you're not forced to.

First of all it has really stupid password limitations:

Passwords must be at least 8 characters, including a number, an uppercase letter, and a lowercase letter. Don't use spaces, the same character 3 times in a row, your Apple ID, or a password you've used in the last year.

And also it's not compatible with special characters for some reason... So my main passwords aren't working for this.

Then it asks for a billing information. And there's no Ukraine in the list, again!!!

I don't believe what I'm reading here... I am ashamed of you!

You are sucking the band! The band offers more in terms of music, structure (whether in concerts, internet, etc.), more you want!

Mike said, "We have a surprise for you". Ok: very good!!! The show will be broadcast online: SENSATIONAL! But as the band delivers professional-quality DSPs, you lost the notion of opportunity we have to watch a show with professional quality! What I'm saying is that if this show was before 2007, many were just waiting very eagerly to see, and not wait for something else in the band (already knowing their setlists before)!

I consider this attitude a lack of respect for the band! Guys: we are fans of the band!!!!! What some are trying to do here is to disrupt what Linkin Park has done throughout his career.

There are many people here who did not deserve to read this.

I've said it once, but I will repeat! In this forum we have almost 5300 members. But Linkin Park has millions of fans around the world. The band doesn't live around this forum: there are hundreds of forums around the world telling their opinion about the band, songs, setlists!

And we know that this forum has details on shows with an incredible organization. Few bands not have received an honor like this.

And how the forum is so, what can not surprise us may surprise thousands of people who are not registered here. Remember! Mike said that the show will have surprise on LP.com (not the LPU.com), and that's a big difference! And we know that the number of people accessing the LP.com, for obvious reasons, is much larger than the LPU.com.

So please, I ask: don't scold, don't harm the band with words. They've done a lot for us and will do much more. We love the things they do, how they take care of the fans and those who need help the world.

Don't try to corrupt the history of one of the best bands just because a band member said the show will have surprise (and that's good!!!!).

Edited by Victor Del Porto

And also it's not compatible with special characters for some reason... So my main passwords aren't working for this.

password should looks like: Hybrid04 (for example)

OK, but that is not that big a deal, is it?

Then it asks for a billing information. And there's no Ukraine in the list, again!!!

OK, for all of you who might have that problem, do the following:

Click iTunes Store in the left sidebar.

Scroll down and switch the country by clicking the flag in the bottom right corner (I suggest making it American, British, German, French… Some country of which you 100% sure streaming will be possible. Britain and Germany will work, I can tell you that for sure ;)).

Go to the AppStore section via the menu bar of the store at the top.

Select some free App to download, it really does not matter at all which one, and click "Download" (or something similar).

Now you're asked to create an account. Follow the steps, I don't think there'll be any problems, BUT:

Make it a fake address of the country you chose.

Next up you will be asked for a billing method - just check "None". That should be possible when downloading a free app from the store (at least it was last year and it's a common trick to create an account in another country/without a billing method. If it's no longer possible I'm sorry to have wasted your time…).

B00m, you should have a new iTunes account with all you need to watch the show LP will put up :)

Oh, and I have to agree with most of you here - whatever the "surprise" will be, it's awesome that they stream the show in high quality for free, that they'll make it available to us and that there will be some surprise of some kind! Don't hate on Mike or LP.

We're too often thinking DSP and not live performance.

password should looks like: Hybrid04 (for example)

That's crap and not a password.

Password should look like 0rR4#6tH~

And iTunes won't accept that kind of password, because it has special symbols.

That's crap and not a password.

Password should look like 0rR4#6tH~

And iTunes won't accept that kind of password, because it has special symbols.

Why do you need a hard password ?

if you can write a regular password.

Do you afraid a hacking ?

And how the forum is so, what can not surprise us may surprise thousands of people who are not registered here. Remember! Mike said that the show will have surprise on LP.com (not the LPU.com), and that's a big difference! And we know that the number of people accessing the LP.com, for obvious reasons, is much larger than the LPU.com.

I completely agree with you! We are like some of the very few people, who know a lot about everything going on around the band and the live performances, we follow setlists, news and discuss all of it, but the majority of fans (fans being human beings, who like the music LP makes [and consider to go to one of their concerts]) does not.

See, when I went to the Summit in Hamburg a few weeks ago, I really started to get back into LPL again, to see your opinions, to know, whom I might be meeting, to know what songs they might play. I certainly hoped for something special at the concert because of the Summit. We all do hope for something special at the concert we go to, but while there, listening to one of the most awesome bands I know, singing, rocking, dancing, doing whatever you guys like to do at concerts - it doesn't matter at all. We're just happy. And the thousands of other fans enjoy the concert even more because they didn't even think about something "special" to happen.

Yeah, seeing a song like With You every once in a while would be kinda nice, but if they don't do it… So what? We still enjoy the concerts, though we might not enjoy the DSP so much because we know all of it already. But we still like the music. And there will be more new stuff coming up, we'll hopefully be enjoying as well. And more awesome concerts!

Oh man, you guys should calm down. I'm nether 10 nor 12, I'm 15. And this was my reaction after I read there would be no BIG surprise. Isn't it clear that I was pissed at that moment? Seriously...

It's called self control. Maybe you don't realize this, but you just typed "FUCK YOU" directed at Mike Shinoda. That's kind of really disrespectful.

Oh man, you guys should calm down. I'm nether 10 nor 12, I'm 15. And this was my reaction after I read there would be no BIG surprise. Isn't it clear that I was pissed at that moment? Seriously...

Mike never said there would be a BIG surprise.

This forum doesn't look good when you see people saying things like "Fuck you Mike Shinoda" for something like this. It makes it hard for people like me to want to post here.

And because he said he would not be a "big surprise" you need to swear?

Honestly...

No, you should calm down ;)

I mean, yeah, of course, it's kind of a bummer that there's not gonna be a huge surprise, but now what…? We don't even know what it's gonna be, maybe wait for that and then react next time.

About the M&G/early entry: This happens at EVERY show - M&G people get put on the floor but not in the very front. I've never heard of the LPU getting put in the first few rows. They always throw you in the back of the floor lol.