A Special Announcement (feat. Kanye West)

hahninator

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me and all the guys want to watch this show, but we also have to understand that biel cant share due the taper.

But be patiente, i'm about to find it in 1-2 weeks, i already found ppl who knows the guy and are going to give me the contact info.. so lets be patiente. As i told to Mark, we will have it!

Edited by Felipeintheend

Might be easier to track em' down and take it by force. We outnumber him.

Just sayin'..

This! :lol:

Just watched the LFY video which was great but I was wondering why quality was so poor for a pro-shot performance.

Then I realised at the end that it was a recording of the real pro-shot which was playing on the dude's tv :blink:

So we still haven't seen any of the actual real pro-shot in all of its glory...if you know what I mean!

I spoke with Biel about the show.

He would love to share the show with us all but he can't. Lucky for him he was given the show for free, but that was under the condition that he doesn't share it with anyone. He made the promise, and so he would like to keep it. Also, sharing this show would mean he might get into trouble with Warner for doing so, which he doesn't want to do. Therefore he will not be sharing this show.

I wish he could share it too, but I guess it won't happen.

Edited by Hawk

I spoke with Biel about the show.

He would love to share the show with us all but he can't. Lucky for him he was given the show for free, but that was under the condition that he doesn't share it with anyone. He made the promise, and so he would like to keep it. Also, sharing this show would mean he might get into trouble with Warner for doing so, which he doesn't want to do. Therefore he will not be sharing this show.

I wish he could share it too, but I guess it won't happen.

That was a pointless conversation. You gave us information we already knew.

It's funny how like half of the people in this topic talked to him lol. I seriously doubt he'd get in trouble for this by the label, it was a public show, not a soundcheck, unreleased studio music or whatever they didn't want us to hear in the first place. No one got in trouble for the EMA recording either.

I do kind of respect the promise he made to his friend but in the end it's his friend holding back the show and not the taper. There are other shows of this taper floating around so this is all complete bullshit if you ask me. If we would have found the taper, which is very hard for some reason, we would have got the show already.

Just throwing this out there - I've heard the whole "threat of legal trouble" argument against releasing numerous shows in the past, many of which are now commonly circulating. I'm not aware of anybody that's ever gotten into any trouble for doing so. The worst thing that usually happens is you end up pissing off a trader/taper who didn't want their stuff shared, and they refuse to do business with you in the future. In most cases, that isn't a huge loss (there are always other people who can do business with them later on). I doubt I'm going to make a difference by saying this, but I've just seen the "fear" tactic used a ton in the past, and it usually amounts to nothing but empty threats.

I'm going to stay out of this, I've seen way too many shows slip through the cracks for one reason or another over the years that I seriously don't even care anymore. If it pops up someday, great, if not, I've got the DSPs, that's really all I need anymore. Anything else is just a nice little bonus. I also have no desire to be part of the trading business anymore, because quite frankly, I think it's turned into a dirty business full of unpleasant people who are only in it for personal gain. LP's been around for over a decade now, I suppose it was only a matter of time before the hoarders/people who only trade/share shows under certain conditions started to outnumber the "no-B.S." traders - it happens with every other well-established band out there.

"If I've got something you don't have, I'll trade it for something you have that I don't. After that, you can do whatever the hell you want with it." - If only it was still that simple...

"If I've got something you don't have, I'll trade it for something you have that I don't. After that, you can do whatever the hell you want with it." - If only it was still that simple...

Newswire this. Maybe all the greedy f#%! will see it. :)

I think it's really ridiculous how LPL uses it's power (meaning amount of people visiting it) to kinda force the people who have it to give it out.

I've always been on the site of "share all the shows we have so that everyone can see it" or at least "trading without nft" like Astat said. But it seems like sometimes there are reasons you can't share it, at least at that particular moment.

Even if he could share it it's still a shame YOU are askng for it, because there are a bunch of people in the LPLstaff who have shows which I'd love to see. I even started trading to get some of those shows. I don't blame you for not releasing every show, I'm sure everyone has his reasons not to, but I just wanted to mention it, seeing how you now try to play the angels vs devil game...

Edited by NiKmaN

I think it's really ridiculous how LPL uses it's power (meaning amount of people visiting it) to kinda force the people who have it to give it out.

I've always been on the site of "share all the shows we have so that everyone can see it" or at least "trading without nft" like Astat said. But it seems like sometimes there are reasons you can't share it, at least at that particular moment.

Even if he could share it it's still a shame YOU are askng for it, because there are a bunch of people in the LPLstuff who have shows which I'd love to see. I even started trading to get some of those shows. I don't blame you for not releasing every show, I'm sure everyone has his reasons not to, but I just wanted to mention it, seeing how you now try to play the angels vs devil game...

This nik :)

i have my reasons to not release that.

but some peoples here still dont understand that

Edited by Biel

to be honest the reason i hardly trade anymore is for the fact that its either NFT or they want more off u than u ask off them. I think trading live shows died yrs ago. Im like nick theres loads of shows id love to get my hands on but people dont really bother sharing much anymore or just put NFT so wots the point in asking. And like ASTAT said aslong as LP do DSPs thats good enough of a live show. Mettalica do dsps, so do disturbed and soon enough other bands will cotton on to it.

to be honest the reason i hardly trade anymore is for the fact that its either NFT or they want more off u than u ask off them. I think trading live shows died yrs ago. Im like nick theres loads of shows id love to get my hands on but people dont really bother sharing much anymore or just put NFT so wots the point in asking. And like ASTAT said aslong as LP do DSPs thats good enough of a live show. Mettalica do dsps, so do disturbed and soon enough other bands will cotton on to it.

Yes, i dont like of NFT shows or anything like that too. (about 90% of the new LP Tour the tapers keep NFT or N/A its bullshit, Put RT is complete enough for me).

Still exits here some guys that share shows, this is really very cool (like Koln or EMA 2010 Recordings)

but betray the trust of one friend just for one show or dvd or anything like that ?

its not very cool i can say :)

Edited by Biel

Anybody know the full story behind this footage? As in the lineage? Its hard to tell if this is in-fact a true 'pro-shot' or just an audience shot of the big screens. Because if a 'taper' goes through all the trouble to buy a ticket, sneak a camera into the show (at risk of being kicked out or camera being confiscated), stand there for the entire show filming, and then author a bootleg for it, he should have free reign to do whatever he wants with it and people should respect his wishes. Now, if this footage was somehow stolen, I'd say thats a completely different story. This guy (the "taper") shouldn't act entitled because he somehow got his hands on this footage. Who is he to say what happens to it when he probably shouldn't have had it in the first place. Full show pro-shots don't just appear out of thin air. There had to be some monkey business involved. I just think its kinda tacky to dangle something that good in front of a community like this. If they didn't want people hounding them for the footage then they should have just kept it private.

IDK, My 2 cents.

Edited by dauh

Still exits here some guys that share shows, this is really very cool (like Koln or EMA 2010 Recordings)

but betray the trust of one friend just for one show or dvd or anything like that ?

its not very cool i can say :)

Like I said before, I respect that man