A Special Announcement (feat. Kanye West)

hahninator

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's really ridiculous how LPL uses it's power (meaning amount of people visiting it) to kinda force the people who have it to give it out.

I've always been on the site of "share all the shows we have so that everyone can see it" or at least "trading without nft" like Astat said. But it seems like sometimes there are reasons you can't share it, at least at that particular moment.

Even if he could share it it's still a shame YOU are askng for it, because there are a bunch of people in the LPLstaff who have shows which I'd love to see. I even started trading to get some of those shows. I don't blame you for not releasing every show, I'm sure everyone has his reasons not to, but I just wanted to mention it, seeing how you now try to play the angels vs devil game...

+1!

I respect that he doesn't want to release this, BUT I've gone six years hoping to see footage of me performing with the band, and nothing. And now, someone actually has it, and wont at the very least let me see myself play Faint with the band? I'm sorry, that's wrong. I've never been a trader, and I wouldn't put it out there for the public to see, it would just be a nice thing to have as a keepsake of one of my favorite memories.

i think at end of the day people can keep saying how much they want the show and the topic can go on several pages long but at end of the day as of the fact ive learnt and what others will learn that after all the ranting and raving about the show how much further are u to getting it?? yh it would be great to have seeing some old LP style show/footage but im just gonna make do with the stuff i have now, if something new comes along it does, just be greatful of all the shows u do have right now from the people who have uploaded and shared etc or from traders whos traded.

This is a common theme that didn't arrive here I think for some time. A lot of opinions you can hear, a lot of words can be told but the same result will we have - it all lies upon the trader's or taper's (in our case) will. So try if you can or if you want to change his mind. Good luck!

My opinion the same as ever - our band is working on WB and that guys don't want their fans to have a lot of live footage so all we can have is the audience recordings and sharing taped stuff is very important for our fans community but tapers have their own thought on this..

Another thing I want to mention is the fact that I just don't understand the logic behind giving someone a show and then telling them not to share it. Essentially what we've got here is the following situation:

Person A (taper) gives the show to Person B, and instructs Person B not to share it.

Person B gives the show to Person C (Biel), and likewise instructs them not to share it.

Essentially all that's happening here is a cycle of people trying to pass the "blame" off to someone else if the show ends up going into circulation (because heaven forbid other people get their hands on recordings and fulfill the entire purpose of a taping/trading community's existence!). If Biel posted the whole show, Person B would be all pissed off about it (and they'd have someone else to blame if Person A got mad at them about it), whereas if Person B posted the whole show, they'd only have Person A to answer to. And of course, if Person A posted the show, they'd somehow be a "hero" while the other 2 people who also have the show would somehow be viewed as doing something "wrong," despite the fact that all 3 of them would be doing the same thing. The logic behind this is really backwards, it's essentially putting more power in the hands of the person who gave the show away, not the person who received it. And that's why I'm so against the idea of sharing shows "conditionally" - I'm a firm believer that once somebody acquires a recording, it's just as much their property as it is the property of the person who gave it to them, and both parties involved should be fully entitled to do whatever they wish with it.

I also don't think being the taper of a show should have any bearing on what other people do with your recordings. If you don't want other people to share them, don't send them to other people in the first place (and preferably, don't tell anybody about your recordings in the first place if you don't intend to share them, because that just makes you look like an elitist douchebag to anybody with at least half a brain, and most people really don't care to know about how you spend your days masturbating to your hoarded recordings, kthx). Once you share a recording with someone else, you're immediately forfeiting any type of exclusivity associated with that recording, whether it winds up in the hands of 2 people or 20,000 people is totally irrelevant because you're the one who shared it in the first place.

Another thing I want to mention is the fact that I just don't understand the logic behind giving someone a show and then telling them not to share it. Essentially what we've got here is the following situation:

Person A (taper) gives the show to Person B, and instructs Person B not to share it.

Person B gives the show to Person C (Biel), and likewise instructs them not to share it.

Essentially all that's happening here is a cycle of people trying to pass the "blame" off to someone else if the show ends up going into circulation (because heaven forbid other people get their hands on recordings and fulfill the entire purpose of a taping/trading community's existence!). If Biel posted the whole show, Person B would be all pissed off about it (and they'd have someone else to blame if Person A got mad at them about it), whereas if Person B posted the whole show, they'd only have Person A to answer to. And of course, if Person A posted the show, they'd somehow be a "hero" while the other 2 people who also have the show would somehow be viewed as doing something "wrong," despite the fact that all 3 of them would be doing the same thing. The logic behind this is really backwards, it's essentially putting more power in the hands of the person who gave the show away, not the person who received it. And that's why I'm so against the idea of sharing shows "conditionally" - I'm a firm believer that once somebody acquires a recording, it's just as much their property as it is the property of the person who gave it to them, and both parties involved should be fully entitled to do whatever they wish with it.

I also don't think being the taper of a show should have any bearing on what other people do with your recordings. If you don't want other people to share them, don't send them to other people in the first place (and preferably, don't tell anybody about your recordings in the first place if you don't intend to share them, because that just makes you look like an elitist douchebag to anybody with at least half a brain, and most people really don't care to know about how you spend your days masturbating to your hoarded recordings, kthx). Once you share a recording with someone else, you're immediately forfeiting any type of exclusivity associated with that recording, whether it winds up in the hands of 2 people or 20,000 people is totally irrelevant because you're the one who shared it in the first place.

seems true but doesn't add to the point, that this discussion (I don't mean sharing shows in general but sharing THIS show) shouldn't be held in public. As I said, i totally aggree with you: trading wouldn't piss me off that much without nft. So your theory is great.

But let's face the truth, there are still those barriers which prevent people from releasing stuff because they don't want to be the bad guy. They wouldn't be in your theory, but they are in real life, as long as we all don't change it. And this state is far far away. We can start a discussion about releasing all the stuff. In public. But discussing the downside of trading on Biel's back still isn't fair.

@xerotheory7803: I hope you'll get your recording of faint!

Just as I hope the show will be released some day... But this is not the right way to ask for it (not you, xerotheory7803, but this thread in the newswire in general.)

seems true but doesn't add to the point, that this discussion (I don't mean sharing shows in general but sharing THIS show) shouldn't be held in public. As I said, i totally aggree with you: trading wouldn't piss me off that much without nft. So your theory is great.

But let's face the truth, there are still those barriers which prevent people from releasing stuff because they don't want to be the bad guy. They wouldn't be in your theory, but they are in real life, as long as we all don't change it. And this state is far far away. We can start a discussion about releasing all the stuff. In public. But discussing the downside of trading on Biel's back still isn't fair.

@xerotheory7803: I hope you'll get your recording of faint!

Just as I hope the show will be released some day... But this is not the right way to ask for it (not you, xerotheory7803, but this thread in the newswire in general.)

We made a try :)

(and preferably, don't tell anybody about your recordings in the first place if you don't intend to share them, because that just makes you look like an elitist douchebag to anybody with at least half a brain, and most people really don't care to know about how you spend your days masturbating to your hoarded recordings, kthx)

This.

Whoah, for the 1st time i have to agree with you! Great post. And to add something from me: Biel should learn english.

This time I would like to share a video that I worked for 4 months to get... a DVD of the Projekt Revolution Tour 2004.

Since this is the only existing footage of the tour, I tried to get in contact with the taper for a while and finally he answered me and sent the files to me. I believe it's time to share this great piece with the LP community. So here's 'Lying From You' of this awesome show!

Yeah we will get a full show! oh wait..wtf? lfy recorded from a tv? wtf? Show off. Get this: I have New York 2011!! lmao Edited by michalangelo

Whoah, for the 1st time i have to agree with you! Great post. And to add something from me: Biel should learn english.

Yeah we will get a full show! oh wait..wtf? lfy recorded from a tv? wtf? Show off. Get this: I have New York 2011!! lmao

the post was edited

not is my original post ;)

the post was edited

not is my original post ;)

Whatever man, still confusing, still a piece of crap. Next time try to keep your "precioussssss" things to yourself if you're not planning to share...

So the person B breaked rules giving video to Biel. So Biel can give us video too XD

Yes he could do it but he's still afraid. If anyone else could get it from him and share it, that way there would be no connection to him. Wait, he has no idea how the hell we could make it available to everyone. He just doesn't want to, thats all :) Edited by michalangelo

Yes he could do it but he's still afraid. If anyone else could get it from him and share it, that way there would be no connection to him. Wait, he has no idea how the hell we could make it available to everyone. He just doesn't want to, thats all smile.gif

Yes totally right!!! I think that too he just dont want XD

I've never been involved with the trading community or anything and I've read through this thread to try and figure out what the big deal is. Unfortunately I still don't get it. Is the taper going to do something horrible to Biel if he releases the tape? It's been stated that legal problems aren't an issue, so I'm really confused why they just don't release it. What's the point? It's not like we wouldn't appreciate the video. The amount of people asking on this thread shows that. I'm just really lost as to why it sounds like Biel is a dead man if he releases this.

I believe the years after "Meteora" and before "M2M" (2003-2006) are the best years of Linkin Park live performances. And I also want to have the show as a hardcore Linkin Park fan. But please put the TORRENT also for downloading because we in Iran can't download from Megaupload, Rapidshare, or...