Rare Songs Live

hahninator

Referencing our list of All Songs Played Live on our Setlist/Songs page, I created the following list today. This is a list of the last time LP has played the following songs. These are in order of the number of days since the last performance.

01. High Voltage (Remix): Sept. 16, 2001

02. And One: Feb. 5, 2002

03. Forgotten: Feb. 24, 2002

04. Step Up: March 3, 2002 (Partially used in the "Hip Hop Medley" until Sept. 11, 2004)

05. Hit The Floor: April 26, 2003

06. Easier To Run: April 26, 2003

07. By Myself: Oct. 29, 2003

08. It's Goin' Down: March 15, 2004 (Used in the "Hip Hop Medley" until Sept. 11, 2004)

09. P5hng Me A*wy: March 15, 2004

10. Nobody's Listening: March 15, 2004 (Partially used in the "Hip Hop Medley" until Sept. 11, 2004)

11. My December: March 15, 2004 (A "piano version" was played in 2006 and another "piano version" was played from Dec. 2007 until March 10, 2008)

12. A.06: Sept. 5, 2004

13. Figure.09: Sept. 11, 2004

14. One Step Closer (Reanimated): Sept. 11, 2004 (The Reanimated bridge was last sung on Aug. 15, 2006)

15. With You: Aug. 15, 2006

16. Runaway: May 6, 2007 (Played at only one show during the "Minutes To Midnight" touring cycle)

17. QWERTY: Aug. 21, 2007 ("Live" version played in 2006; "Studio" version played a handful of times in 2007)

Popular songs with fans:

A Place For My Head: Oct. 25, 2010 (Played for the Hybrid Theory 10th Anniversary; commonly played in 2008)

Reading My Eyes: June 25, 2008 (Played in Japan in 2006 and a few times on the 2008 summer European tour; never played in the USA to our knowledge)

Points Of Authority: Aug. 22, 2009 (Commonly played from 2000-2009)

Other Songs:

Crawling, In The End, and Pushing Me Away were performed acoustically Dec. 9, 2001

Breaking The Habit was performed in a "piano version" on July 12, 2008

Mike has been known to rap a variety of Linkin Park and Fort Minor verses over both the intro and outro of 'Points Of Authority' and continually rotated them randomly from August 2007 until August 2009. A few rarities popped up last summer with 'High Voltage', 'Step Up', 'Reading My Eyes', and 'Dedicated' (which has never been played by Linkin Park) appearing on the summer tour. Here are some that haven't appeared in a while. 'Points Of Authority' isn't currently in the setlist at this point in the World Tour so this is purely just something to glance at. The most common verses were from 'Petrified' (a majority by FAR) and 'Bloc Party'.

Second To None: Aug. 13, 2007 (Styles Of Beyond)

Respect 4 Grandma: Aug. 19, 2007 (Fort Minor)

Nobody's Listening: Aug. 31, 2007

High Road: Jan. 22, 2008 (Fort Minor)

Dolla: Feb. 25, 2008 (Fort Minor)

It's Goin' Down: March 6, 2008

Standing In The Middle: 11/25/2003 (Rapped over "Nobody's Listening" in 2003 on the UK Tour)

So here's your list of songs that haven't been played in ages. Mike mentioned in this video (from Ana at the "A Thousand Suns" prelistening event) that he'd like to create a setlist poll for fans and maybe give the top one or two songs a slot in the setlist. Since he just mentioned on his blog that the band will be rotating setlists at some point during this touring cycle, I have a few questions...

Which song(s) would you vote for off of this list to be played live? I know a LOT of fans want them to keep regularly playing 'A Place For My Head', but I've seen talks of people wanting to hear 'Easier To Run', 'With You' and 'Figure.09'. What about songs they haven't ever played? 'No Roads Left', anybody?

But yeah, I thought this would give you something to talk about on the off day before the UK leg of the tour begins!

With You and Across the Line are two songs I'd love to see live. I would also love for them to bring back the KRWLNG intro, but to also keep the strings all the way through the entire performance.

15. My December: Aug. 15, 2006 (A "piano version" was played from Dec. 2007 until March 10, 2008)

Weren't the performances of My December in Japan also piano versions?

This news is epic! Congratulations Hahninator!

I would really like the One Step Closer (Reanimation Version) could return to the setlist.

About Points Of Authority: perhaps she could be placed before the Bleed It Out... something like Points Of Authority / Reading My Eyes (or another song like APFMH) / Bleed It Out.

In other words:

Points Of Authority (Outro Reading My Eyes 1st verse)

Bleed It Out (Intro Reading My Eyes 2nd verse)

I believe it Easier to Run will once again be played... is one of the songs, in my opinion, combined with the sound of the ATS.

Edited by Victor Del Porto

So they said before this tour they were changing up some songs to fit the "ATS" style. I haven't seen any example of that so far in this tour since no older songs have gotten a new intro or outro yet lol. Maybe that'll come next year for the rotating setlists (I assume they'll start with those in the USA).

I think it'd be easy for them to add OSC (Reanimated) in there, or at least do the Reanimated bridge of it again since that was a big highlight in the sets before.

Easier To Run would be very cool...it fits with ATS a lot. P5hng Me A*wy fits with ATS too...that'd be so cool to see that one. Since most of those songs were played a LOT in the "old days", I think they should give justice to Hit The Floor and Easier To Run. Those were played on just two tours each. I welcome any changes of course but those 2...they need more live appearances.

As far as oldschool shit - Figure.09 or With You.

Unreleased shit - Across The Line and No Roads Left (neither will ever happen lol)

So they said before this tour they were changing up some songs to fit the "ATS" style. I haven't seen any example of that so far in this tour since no older songs have gotten a new intro or outro yet lol. Maybe that'll come next year for the rotating setlists (I assume they'll start with those in the USA).

I think it'd be easy for them to add OSC (Reanimated) in there, or at least do the Reanimated bridge of it again since that was a big highlight in the sets before.

Easier To Run would be very cool...it fits with ATS a lot. P5hng Me A*wy fits with ATS too...that'd be so cool to see that one. Since most of those songs were played a LOT in the "old days", I think they should give justice to Hit The Floor and Easier To Run. Those were played on just two tours each. I welcome any changes of course but those 2...they need more live appearances.

As far as oldschool shit - Figure.09 or With You.

Unreleased shit - Across The Line and No Roads Left (neither will ever happen lol)

No Roads Left forces much the voice of Mike (if presented in several concerts). Perhaps it is played on a single show (as was the APFMH in Paris).

I'd love to hear "Across The Line" live (but I think it will be difficult).

Anyway, the setlist next year should increase to 27, 28 songs (counting the interludes), in MY opinion.

Edited by Victor Del Porto

That was an awesome read, Mark. Thanks for doings these posts, I love reading them.

Songs I'd like to hear... Figure.09 definately, P5hng Me Aw*y would be amazing as well. I hope they'll do the poll next year, otherwise our chances to hear these songs might be by zero.

As much as i prefer the band to surprise me, Easier to Run and and Part of Me(the non Chester screaming the pre-chorus version) are the only two songs the band could add to the set that would make me go completely insane. I would even contemplate building a shrine to them in my backyard for like 5 seconds. That show would be epic. I would even settle for Mike rapping only the second verse of Part of Me over BIO. One of his best performance on a song ever.

Easier To Run, (A Place For My Head,) Figure.09 and P5hng Me A*wy would be really cool and think if it comes to the setlist poll, i think one of them will win.

When it comes to the unrealistic shit, i think Dedicated and Step Up should be played live because 1)it's a way for LP to show us that they care about their "hardcore/oldschool fans" (as the common lp fan doesn't know them) and 2)I think both of them would be crowd-pleasers.

Crawling, In The End and Pushing Me Away ... ACOUSTIC? I don't even know they've ever done that. Do recording of any of those exist?

Crawling

In The End

Pushing Me Away

I'm pretty sure the answer is "no," but can someone confirm? has LP ever done Dedicated in any form besides rapping it over POA?

Never heard of it...it'd be sweet.