09.10.2010 - Santiago, Chile

They get tired of repetitive setlists, the band freshens it up by throwing new material on the setlist and STILL people complain. I cant wait till someone invents the time machine so all the LP fans who want older material played can go to 2000-2004 and stay there ffs.

You have your hit and current cycle singles that stay.

Select ATS album tracks and "secondary singles" on rotation.

HT, Meteora, MTM album tracks on rotation.

And a few spots for a few special treats. Rarities, Reanimated songs, etc.

-----------

The "average fan" gets their hits.

The hardcore fans get their album tracks and rarities.

Everyone goes home happy and waits and wonders what the next setlist will be instead of expecting the same list again.

-----------

This set is only fresh because ATS songs are being played for the second or third time on a normal stage. In three years this setlist would be pretty meh .

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An LPA member who went to the show told me that Mike sang a little bit of Burning in the Skies during Bleed It Out, near the drum solo. Obviously I can't be 100% this is accurate but we should look for it when we get some youtube vids!

the setlist was

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches And Kings

03. Papercut

04. Given Up (Extenden Outro)

05. New Divide

06. Faint (Extenden Outro)

07. Empty Spaces

08. When They Come For Me

09. No More Sorrow (Extended intro)

10. Jornada Del Muerto

11. Waiting For The End

12. Wisdom, Justice, And Love

13. Iridescent

14. Numb

15. The Radiance (With piano and mike signing verses of the catalyst)

16. Breaking The Habit (A cappella outro)

17. Shadow Of The Day

18. Crawling

19. Bleed It Out (With chorus of burning in the skies by mike in the bridge)

20. One Step Closer

encore

21. Fallout

22. The Catalyst

23. The Requiem (a capella outro extended)

24. In the End

25. What i've Done

in the end, began a version of one step closer country/acoustic very funny

Edited by blaster667

the setlist was

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches And Kings

03. Papercut

05. New Divide

07. Empty Spaces

10. Jornada Del Muerto

11. Waiting For The End

13. Iridescent

14. Numb

17. Shadow Of The Day

18. Crawling

20. One Step Closer

encore

21. Fallout

22. The Catalyst

24. In the End

25. What i've Done

I think you mean The Messenger in the encore, not The Requiem. :lol:

That country version of One Step Closer is from the Bluegrass Tribute to Linkin Park album, I know they've used it at the end of a few LP shows over the past couple years, they also played it at the end of nearly every Dead By Sunrise show.

i just came back from the show. i'll confirm some things, the setlist was the same as argentina. and yes, mike singed burning in the skies chorus during the BIO brigde, before the extender. another interesting thing was that during the messenger chester singed the "ohhh-ohhh-oh" part, a couple of times more, but just with rob in the drums and asked to the public to sing with him, it was an octave lower just as in argentina.

the third interesting fact is that during when they come for me, brad changed a bit his discurse over the speaker. he said "presten atencion... escuchenme...todos los chilenos, escuchenme ahora mismo". he aded the phrase "escuchenme...todos los chilenos", wich means hear me all the chileans.

btw i heard the radiance (piano version) and i have a way to describe it, it should be useful. mike plays the main melody of the requiem meanwhiles mr hahn plays oppenheimer's speak with some effects, then mike continues playing, and sings with the vocoder with that childly voice "far from the world of you and I, where oceans bleed into the sky"... then a long string note brings us to breaking the habit.

on a funny note, a memeber of the band trew a banana into the public, but i'm not sure who, a friend of mine said that probably was phoenix, since his twitter picture is a banana. but i saw mr hahn messin' around off his usual position on the turntables, this was during fallout. i hope danielpsoad09 can confirm who trew the banana :P

the setlist was

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches And Kings

03. Papercut

05. New Divide

07. Empty Spaces

10. Jornada Del Muerto

11. Waiting For The End

13. Iridescent

14. Numb

17. Shadow Of The Day

18. Crawling

20. One Step Closer

encore

21. Fallout

22. The Catalyst

24. In the End

25. What i've Done

This is the exact setlist, it was confirmed by somebody?

I'm new, hi you all.

I just come back from de concert, an the only error in the setlist is the song "23. The Requiem (a capella outro extended)", that came from somebody's imagination. The real song played was "The Messenger" with a semi-acoustic guitar and only Chester with Brad onstage, with no piano arrangements. That's it.

Edited by rdiazzz

The setlist was the exact same as in Argentina right?

This way I can be almost sure of what's to come tomorrow.

BTW, can someone compilate the show notes? Like this guy telling that was a small part of BITS and so?

Come on! really, what you expected? 1 ATS Song? Nah.

Well, to be serious, i have expect 4-5 songs from the new album, but not almost the full one! Its sad to see, that they kicked out alot older songs, its always a question of your own taste sure, but i thought/wished that they would play more older songs or/and atleast some songs they havent played for years now!

AND i was hoping that they will do The Blackout, its the only song i like from the new album, and they dont play it....

I think LP just wants to move on and they dont want to play the older stuff, especially the more 'rare' stuff. Thats why they just play the singles. Some people should really stop complaining about it, time goes on, so does LP.

Time might go on, but they should listen to the ppl who helped LP to be what they are today and not just to the "new" fans since MTM ;)

They listen to nobody. They came to the point where they just said ''Fuck the rest'' figurally, and lets do their own taste, their own idea's and express their creativity to how they want. because when they just do what ''Fans'' would like and see 10 more hybrid theories but the band won't don't have fun in what they are making then what is the point? They just do it their way and respect it, enjoy it.. whatever... Just listen to the creativity, feel the music. Enjoy it. if you are not happy. then don't.. but don't complain. people differ in opinion.

When its allowed to be happy with the new LP, then its also alowed to not be happy and complaining right? Its a open world where i can say my thoughts! Maybe mike or someome read this topics here (they are visit LPL i think) and he see that not EVERYONE is happy with their new shit!

The fact that they dont give a shit about their old fans who made them to the LP you see today makes me sick, there are bands like Korn, Metallica etc who are still amazing but on their live shows they do alot old songs and the people enjoy it way more then the new stuff! But whatever...LP dont have the nuts to do it caus they probably think they will lose their new emo kiddi fans, dunno...

^ Mike already knows that not everybody is happy with the new album. I'm sure he also realizes that not everybody would be happy with anything the band does, so the band is just going to do what they want because it's impossible to please everyone, so they might as well at least make themselves happy.