09.10.2010 - Santiago, Chile

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They probably won't play APFMH, BITS or Blackout on the South American part of the ATS World Tour, but, as I said before, it is a possibility for later shows, more for BITS and BLackout than APFMH (because that song is ridiculously old!)

just cause its 'ridiculously old' it does not mean that the band is not allowed to play it. now should be the time to bring back some nasty old stuff actually, starting up with 11 songs from the new album is unfortunately the complete opposite :( at least papercut is back :)

just cause its 'ridiculously old' it does not mean that the band is not allowed to play it. now should be the time to bring back some nasty old stuff actually, starting up with 11 songs from the new album is unfortunately the complete opposite :( at least papercut is back :)

Yes, because it makes perfect sense to NOT play NEW songs, from a NEW album that the band is currently touring for. :rolleyes:

Yes, because it makes perfect sense to NOT play NEW songs, from a NEW album that the band is currently touring for. :rolleyes:

i was not saying what you were saying, at least i was not meaning it^^ still, just because a new album is out you drop all the others? this is not how a good live band handles all songs imo

i was not saying what you were saying, at least i was not meaning it^^ still, just because a new album is out you drop all the others? this is not how a good live band handles all songs imo

i completely agree with you

The band usually saves the goodies for the arena tours, during M2M they brought out My December, APFMH, Hands Held High, Valentine's Day, IN BETWEEN, all the new intros and outros, Jay-Z. My bets are on either the winter US Tour where I HOPE they at least play My December, or after Projekt Rev. if they decide to do it this year, they should make up for 08 cause frankly, that was their worst, only having Chris Cornell and Atreyu on the bill made up for it IMO.

If LP wasn't a good live band, we wouldn't be here.

Need i say more? Little math here, when Meteora dropped, a few hybrid theory songs got dropped, when Minutes dropped, some meteora songs got dropped, when ATS dropped more songs from the first three albums got dropped. Why? Because they need to make room for the newer material. Its a hit/miss with fans these days. They get tired of repetitive setlists, the band freshens it up by throwing new material on the setlist and STILL people complain. I cant wait till someone invents the time machine so all the LP fans who want older material played can go to 2000-2004 and stay there ffs.

Need i say more? Little math here, when Meteora dropped, a few hybrid theory songs got dropped, when Minutes dropped, some meteora songs got dropped, when ATS dropped more songs from the first three albums got dropped. Why? Because they need to make room for the newer material. Its a hit/miss with fans these days. They get tired of repetitive setlists, the band freshens it up by throwing new material on the setlist and STILL people complain. I cant wait till someone invents the time machine so all the LP fans who want older material played can go to 2000-2004 and stay there ffs.

thats why mike said in an interview back in 2004 that they had to think about adding stuff to their set.. yeah a couple songs were dropped, still, nearly all the older shit was played. i did not complain about the MTM era either. if the band does not rotate their sets starting in europe then this is in my eyes for sure one of the wrongest decisions of their live career ever, they can really start losing their old fans who did not like ATS because it was not the stuff they hoped for (including me). they said they would play enough from all eras. then they should rotate everything imo.

Edited by sckofelng

thats why mike said in an interview back in 2004 that they had to think about adding stuff to their set.. yeah a couple songs were dropped, still, nearly all the older shit was played. i did not complain about the MTM era either. if the band does not rotate their sets starting in europe then this is in my eyes for sure one of the wrongest decisions of their live career ever, they can really start losing their old fans who did not like ATS because it was not the stuff they hoped for (including me). they said they would play enough from all eras. then they should rotate everything imo.

The band is really still in "promo tour mode" right now. They didn't do any pre-release shows this time around, save for the NYC album release show, so they're likely focusing on promoting as much of the new material as possible for now. Don't expect the rotating setlists to return just yet, I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off on them until the U.S. tour at the beginning of 2011 (the only thing that makes me think otherwise is the fact that they're doing 2 consecutive shows in London). They didn't start with the rotating setlists until about 3 months into the MTM tour, they didn't do them at all in 2009, and it's been over a year since the band was on tour at all. I'm not expecting them to go nuts with that kind of stuff yet, the one set they have now is crazy enough as it is.

That being said, I'd be very surprised if the rotating sets didn't make a return at some point, it's just a question of when, and I don't think it'll be in the immediate future.