09.10.2010 - Santiago, Chile

I disagree. I am an old fan and most certainly don't get the idea that LP don't give a shit about me. On the contrary. I think they care very much. They care not to give me the same thing over and over again because they know how boring it is to listen to the same kind of thing repeatedly and even worse for them, to make the same kind of thing repeatedly. As for the live shows, their set list is a great display of all the different sides of Linkin Park. I get to hear their journey from the first album to the ATS. I would have gotten off the train if they had kept making the same album over again that's for sure because you can always tell when the heart of the band isn't in the album. And i seriously doubt Linkin Park is capable of producing a decent album when they're not passionate about the music they're creating if all the aim is simply conform to outside expectations of what they should make. A

And mind you. There are all sorts of "old fans." You seem to be suffering under the misconception that "old fans" are the ones who only like Hybrid Theory and Meteora. When the reality is there are many "old fans" who love the old stuff and the new stuff just as much like myself. So if you could please stop generalizing and start using "me" instead of "us" because you don't know what everybody else but a narrow group of people think. You can't speak for a large group of people.

And those" emo kiddi fans" sound very much like yourself because talk about the immaturity, and lack of realism bursting from your words. Look in the mirror. Linkin Park isn't going to start conforming to your idea simply because you say Metallica or whoever does it.

And going on a tour that is right after the release of a new album i loved, i expect to hear more stuff live off the new album. I would be seriously pissed if they end up playing less of it.

Dude, you dont getting my point! I know its a world tour for ATS, and its okay that they do play songs of that album, every band does! BUT the thing i dont getting in my head is, why they waste so much times with their interludes? why do they JUST play their singles again and again and again? You said

They care not to give me the same thing over and over again because they know how boring it is to listen to the same kind of thing repeatedly and even worse for them, to make the same kind of thing repeatedly

They give you the same songs since years, always OSC, always Crawiling, always In the end etc...

Why not Runnaway? why not with you? why not something diffrent from Meteora? Sure, its cool the bring back papercut, but should i be happy about that now at all? My thoughts, kick out these stupid interludes and 2-3 ATS songs, and bring back some stuff they havent played since years!

[/i]Alot other bands listen to their fans, LP dont! They dont must be happy with their shows, they MUST make their fans happy, cause WE are the people who pay ALOT cash for them!

Edited by franticfreak

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, you dont getting my point! I know its a world tour for ATS, and its okay that they do play songs of that album, every band does! BUT the thing i dont getting in my head is, why they waste so much times with their interludes? why do they JUST play their singles again and again and again? You said

They care not to give me the same thing over and over again because they know how boring it is to listen to the same kind of thing repeatedly and even worse for them, to make the same kind of thing repeatedly

They give you the same songs since years, always OSC, always Crawiling, always In the end etc...

Why not Runnaway? why not with you? why not something diffrent from Meteora? Sure, its cool the bring back papercut, but should i be happy about that now at all? My thoughts, kick out these stupid interludes and 2-3 ATS songs, and bring back some stuff they havent played since years!

[/i]Alot other bands listen to their fans, LP dont! They dont must be happy with their shows, they MUST make their fans happy, cause WE are the people who pay ALOT cash for them!

I hope everybody understood now!

I got the same opinion,but I'm fucking not

interested to discuss this shit over and over again here!

I hope everybody understood now!

I got the same opinion,but I'm fucking not

interested to discuss this shit over and over again here!

same here.. its not worth it. all the critizizing people get critizized, and i hope this was my last complaining here.

I think the reason why they play all these interludes is that they wanna transform this "journey" onto the stage. In my opinion, they work perfectly on A Thousand Suns (expect "Empty Spaces" maybe which is completely unnecessary). They create a really special atmosphere and LP want to have the same feeling on stage.

But I have to agree with some of you here anyway because these interludes can't be discribed as full songs. Throw in one or two songs we haven't heard in years and everyone would be happy. I'm not complaining here though because by now I can deal with the fact they don't play this old stuff anymore and I'm fine with the actual setlist. :)

why they waste so much times with their interludes? why do they JUST play their singles again and again and again? You said

Yup, they do lose a lot of time..

Im not sure if they played every interlude

but in the album the time lenght of the interludes is 7min 50 seconds..

in a live set you can play 2 real songs...

I disagree. I am an old fan and most certainly don't get the idea that LP don't give a shit about me. On the contrary. I think they care very much. They care not to give me the same thing over and over again because they know how boring it is to listen to the same kind of thing repeatedly and even worse for them, to make the same kind of thing repeatedly. As for the live shows, their set list is a great display of all the different sides of Linkin Park. I get to hear their journey from the first album to the ATS. I would have gotten off the train if they had kept making the same album over again that's for sure because you can always tell when the heart of the band isn't in the album. And i seriously doubt Linkin Park is capable of producing a decent album when they're not passionate about the music they're creating if all the aim is simply conform to outside expectations of what they should make. A

And mind you. There are all sorts of "old fans." You seem to be suffering under the misconception that "old fans" are the ones who only like Hybrid Theory and Meteora. When the reality is there are many "old fans" who love the old stuff and the new stuff just as much like myself. So if you could please stop generalizing and start using "me" instead of "us" because you don't know what everybody else but a narrow group of people think. You can't speak for a large group of people.

And those" emo kiddi fans" sound very much like yourself because talk about the immaturity, and lack of realism bursting from your words. Look in the mirror. Linkin Park isn't going to start conforming to your idea simply because you say Metallica or whoever does it.

And going on a tour that is right after the release of a new album i loved, i expect to hear more stuff live off the new album. I would be seriously pissed if they end up playing less of it.

Agree with you. You must think like LP guys think, they're thinking how to attract us with a new stuff, never heard stuff. In making of MTM video they clearly said that it wouldn't be trilogy of HB and ATS after MTM shows it. Okay great some people want With You or APFMH so listen old recordings and don't boring fans that truly support new LP ideas. If you don't like new LP don't listen it, I always recommend such thing. You'd better listen Disturbed or something like that ;)

Agree with you. You must think like LP guys think, they're thinking how to attract us with a new stuff, never heard stuff. In making of MTM video they clearly said that it wouldn't be trilogy of HB and ATS after MTM shows it. Okay great some people want With You or APFMH so listen old recordings and don't boring fans that truly support new LP ideas. If you don't like new LP don't listen it, I always recommend such thing. You'd better listen Disturbed or something like that ;)

thats why chester had been tweeting that the new album (ATS of course) will be a mixure of MTM and HT.. sorry but this is where i say f*** you^^ he fooled around with all of those who were hoping for the album being like that

oh and for the old stuff:

recordings never let you feel the real thing, you are a trader, you should know it :)

Edited by sckofelng

the show page needs a update

the speech of wretches & kings was mixed with the radiance base.

no more sorrow (extended intro)

the radiance is totally diferent, is openhaimer but with piano and auto-tune girl voice singing the catalyst

bleed it out , extended intro, outro and bridge with bits.

you have to search videos in youtube with tags: linkin park, maquinaria, chile, en vivo

thats why chester had been tweeting that the new album (ATS of course) will be a mixure of MTM and HT.. sorry but this is where i say f*** you^^ he fooled around with all of those who were hoping for the album being like that

oh and for the old stuff:

recordings never let you feel the real thing, you are a trader, you should know it :)

The album has hybrid theory elements mixed in with mtm elements. You just don't see it or hear it

try to catch up...

HT Elements? where? lol

There are samples everywhere in the album - HT element

Rapping - WTCFM, WAK, Blackout (if you want to call it that)

DJ Scratching - Catalyst, WAK, WTCFM, JDM,

i mean do you want me to keep going? Just because there isn't distorted guitar doesnt mean its not LP.

i mean do you want me to keep going? Just because there isn't distorted guitar doesnt mean its not LP.

i already caught up, that's why i actually like W&K + WTCFM (even if those lyrics are just a punch in every only HT/Meteora fans faces). dont you tell me that i did not catch up even if i complain lol

blasphemy. Those interludes are so much a part of all the ATS songs. I especially loved The Requiem with The Radiance as a show opener tacked onto New Divide at the release concert.

And even with the weird splitting up of The Radiance from the The Requiem, the song made a killer opener on the album and also as a live opener. And it doesn't matter really if they took out The Requiem. They'd just replace it with another instrumental opener they write for all their other shows like WID and OSC. So i'd rather they play The Requiem; a legitimate piece from the new album. It sets the right tone and mood for the concert.

And Iridescent is a great song by itself, but i would rather hear it with Wisdom, Justice & Love as an opener because for some reason, it resonates more emotionally and adds even more to the song.

And Waiting For The End, can stand perfectly on its own two feet but i just really like/used to hearing it right after Jornada Del Muerto as it sounded so good live and in my ipod so it is a must.

Fallout and Empty Spaces are the only two "interludes" i think don't really add anything to the song that follows it so i could do without them but seeing as how the songs themselves barely take up a minute and a half of time, it doesn't have any benefits to taking them out or leaving them in. If the band wants to play more stuff or not, they will regardless of the interludes.

And besides. News flash: The more albums an artist releases, the more they have to drop songs from all their previous albums in order to accommodate the new material. Which usually means the set-list usually ends up being made up of singles that has defined the band's career.

I understand that they play more new songs when an album comes out. I understand that but i don't think the interludes create too much of a journey. Empty Spaces is the only interlude i don't mind them playing. It fits in but the rest seem like they shouldn't be played live.

I completely agree

I think the reason why they play all these interludes is that they wanna transform this "journey" onto the stage. In my opinion, they work perfectly on A Thousand Suns (expect "Empty Spaces" maybe which is completely unnecessary). They create a really special atmosphere and LP want to have the same feeling on stage.

But I have to agree with some of you here anyway because these interludes can't be discribed as full songs. Throw in one or two songs we haven't heard in years and everyone would be happy. I'm not complaining here though because by now I can deal with the fact they don't play this old stuff anymore and I'm fine with the actual setlist. :)

the one that i actually think fits in is Empty Spaces. and i don't want this so called journey to be transformed on live stage. Almost every time i listen to ATS i skip the interludes besides empty spaces.

I also consider Mike's parts on WFTE to be rapping

Also you could add screaming- Blackout

I think LPDC said it best, this is called the 'A Thousand Suns World Tour' for a reason!!! Seriously, how can anyone be mad that they are playing new songs and not a bunch of old songs like fucking With You or Runaway?!? Those songs weren't even played during the entire MTM touring cycle, so obviously they won't be during the ATS touring cycle, at least not so far. Figure.09 and all those songs fall into the same category. I personally love ATS and I think the songs sound way better live so I'm pretty excited to see them performed in January or whenever the US tour is.

I think LPDC said it best, this is called the 'A Thousand Suns World Tour' for a reason!!! Seriously, how can anyone be mad that they are playing new songs and not a bunch of old songs like fucking With You or Runaway?!? Those songs weren't even played during the entire MTM touring cycle, so obviously they won't be during the ATS touring cycle, at least not so far. Figure.09 and all those songs fall into the same category. I personally love ATS and I think the songs sound way better live so I'm pretty excited to see them performed in January or whenever the US tour is.

so you prefer to have them always the newest stuff played? well then.. have fun with all of it. if a band really cares about everyone and really wants to please ALL types, then they could do one rare song (and now don't tell me papercut is a rarely played song :D) but if everyone here just wants new stuff.. have it your way then :D

Edited by sckofelng

so you prefer to have them always the newest stuff played? well then.. have fun with all of it. if a band really cares about everyone and really wants to please ALL types, then they could do one rare song (and now don't tell me papercut is a rarely played song :D) but if everyone here just wants new stuff.. have it your way then :D

its refreshing to see newer stuff played then old.

i dont think Wretches, Catalyst, WTCFM are slow...

i dont think so either, i am rather talking about iridescent, i even consider waiting for the end being an acceptable song to be played live even if i dont like that one much either

Edited by sckofelng

i agree that they should be playing ATS songs but i think they shouldn't play the interludes. besides that i'm happy

You've been saying that in almost all of your posts in this thread. You don't like the interludes, and that's fine, it's your opinion.

But, whether they play the interludes or not, I don't think they're gonna add more songs. I don't know if you've ever performed (doesn't have to be musical), but performing anything for a long period of time is very tiring and exhausting, even though it's really fun. One reason why they have so many interludes is that it gives them a chance to catch their breath in between running around and playing their hearts out. And, they haven't toured in over a year, so playing every couple of nights is exhausting. They're not gonna go all out the first few nights. So even if they took out the interludes, it's a good chance it'll just make the concert shorter. Just my thoughts.

Edited by rawrzar