09.10.2010 - Santiago, Chile

Yeah, i just expected 5 songs from the new album (When they come for me, waiting for the end, wretches and kings, the catalyst, and iridescent). And i was hoping for buring in the skie. But no they play the stupid interludes live. they are playing too many songs from the new album. plus i was hoping for more Meteora songs. The setlist isn't horrible but it was a dissapointment.

I expected a lot of ATS and very little of HT, Meteora, and MTM. I guess my expectations were correct. It is a promotional tour for A Thousand Suns so it makes sense to play mostly songs from A Thousand Suns. And considering that it's my favorite LP album, I couldn't be happier.

/justsaying

Edited by leftshoe18

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expected a lot of ATS and very little of HT, Meteora, and MTM. I guess my expectations were correct. It is a promotional tour for A Thousand Suns so it makes sense to play mostly songs from A Thousand Suns. And considering that it's my favorite LP album, I couldn't be happier.

/justsaying

i'm happy they are playing ATS songs, i just wish they didn't play the interludes live and they played some more Meteora and Hybrid Theory. I love ATS

what introduction?

i am talking about mike shouting out before the show (he shouted out the name of the town they were playing in mostly and asking them if they are ready and to go crazy etc. 'til 2006 and stopped doing it since 2007)

this must be the first time he did it again and i am glad he did it, imo this is a good way to get the crowd going crazy from the start x)

i am talking about mike shouting out before the show (he shouted out the name of the town they were playing in mostly and asking them if they are ready and to go crazy etc. 'til 2006 and stopped doing it since 2007)

this must be the first time he did it again and i am glad he did it, imo this is a good way to get the crowd going crazy from the start x)

but I just don't see it on the video o.O

you need to learn a lot :P

what did he do during the Macao show 2009? :lol: I can hear some Papercut over the Intro ;) and even in the bridge :P

i guess you both gave a wrong question, he just asked if mike has ever sing the BIO chorus alone before. :P not if he has suung anything else during the bridge

Edited by linkin_boss

When its allowed to be happy with the new LP, then its also alowed to not be happy and complaining right? Its a open world where i can say my thoughts! Maybe mike or someome read this topics here (they are visit LPL i think) and he see that not EVERYONE is happy with their new shit!

The fact that they dont give a shit about their old fans who made them to the LP you see today makes me sick, there are bands like Korn, Metallica etc who are still amazing but on their live shows they do alot old songs and the people enjoy it way more then the new stuff! But whatever...LP dont have the nuts to do it caus they probably think they will lose their new emo kiddi fans, dunno...

I disagree. I am an old fan and most certainly don't get the idea that LP don't give a shit about me. On the contrary. I think they care very much. They care not to give me the same thing over and over again because they know how boring it is to listen to the same kind of thing repeatedly and even worse for them, to make the same kind of thing repeatedly. As for the live shows, their set list is a great display of all the different sides of Linkin Park. I get to hear their journey from the first album to the ATS. I would have gotten off the train if they had kept making the same album over again that's for sure because you can always tell when the heart of the band isn't in the album. And i seriously doubt Linkin Park is capable of producing a decent album when they're not passionate about the music they're creating if all the aim is simply conform to outside expectations of what they should make. A

And mind you. There are all sorts of "old fans." You seem to be suffering under the misconception that "old fans" are the ones who only like Hybrid Theory and Meteora. When the reality is there are many "old fans" who love the old stuff and the new stuff just as much like myself. So if you could please stop generalizing and start using "me" instead of "us" because you don't know what everybody else but a narrow group of people think. You can't speak for a large group of people.

And those" emo kiddi fans" sound very much like yourself because talk about the immaturity, and lack of realism bursting from your words. Look in the mirror. Linkin Park isn't going to start conforming to your idea simply because you say Metallica or whoever does it.

And going on a tour that is right after the release of a new album i loved, i expect to hear more stuff live off the new album. I would be seriously pissed if they end up playing less of it.

And folks, sckofelng always got something to complain. Ticket prices, setlists, duration of the show, stage set-up...

Don't take it too serious.

about 75% of his tweets have been about that lol

and lol @ the people wanting more meteora songs and complaining about too many ATS songs. Its The A Thousand Suns world tour for a reason...

Posted Image

and lol @ the people wanting more meteora songs and complaining about too many ATS songs. Its The A Thousand Suns world tour for a reason...

i understand its the ATS world tour, but i think its unecessary to play the interludes and instead they should take out the ATS interludes and add like 2 more meteora songs instead. I don't mind them playing the ATS actual "songs"

i understand its the ATS world tour, but i think its unecessary to play the interludes and instead they should take out the ATS interludes and add like 2 more meteora songs instead. I don't mind them playing the ATS actual "songs"

Empty Spaces : 18 seconds

Jornada Del Muerto : 1:35

WJL : 1:39

Fallout : 1:23

is like 4:53 seconds. Its not like much time is wasted. So you can throw in LFY or Foreword about 67 times over. Regardless it(s) will get / gotten old. The band has played all of the meteora songs for the past 7 years. If you missed it then tough luck. Don't go to the shows if you are going to be tripping out about what songs they play, someone else will buy the ticket you would have bought. Some of you need to look at other band's and realize LP spoils their fans. Some bands like Slipknot barely touched any of their new songs and only played the singles off AHIG.

Empty Spaces : 18 seconds

Jornada Del Muerto : 1:35

WJL : 1:39

Fallout : 1:23

is like 4:53 seconds. Its not like much time is wasted. So you can throw in LFY or Foreword about 67 times over. Regardless it(s) will get / gotten old. The band has played all of the meteora songs for the past 7 years. If you missed it then tough luck. Don't go to the shows if you are going to be tripping out about what songs they play, someone else will buy the ticket you would have bought. Some of you need to look at other band's and realize LP spoils their fans. Some bands like Slipknot barely touched any of their new songs and only played the singles off AHIG.

i don't mind the setlist and im most def going to see them if they come to washington next year but i just wish they didn't play the interludes cause i think its just a waste. plus if you add the requim the radiance you have more time. so if you take out all of thoose you have time for 2 more meteora songs. Edited by LinkinParkFan4Ever

i don't mind the setlist and im most def going to see them if they come to washington next year but i just wish they didn't play the interludes cause i think its just a waste. plus if you add the requim the radiance you have more time. so if you take out all of thoose you have time for 2 more meteora songs.

have you ever performed? lol They are not in tour condition, yet. They are not robots, and they will not dance even if the beat is funky, (yet).

i don't mind the setlist and im most def going to see them if they come to washington next year but i just wish they didn't play the interludes cause i think its just a waste. plus if you add the requim the radiance you have more time. so if you take out all of thoose you have time for 2 more meteora songs.

blasphemy. Those interludes are so much a part of all the ATS songs. I especially loved The Requiem with The Radiance as a show opener tacked onto New Divide at the release concert.

And even with the weird splitting up of The Radiance from the The Requiem, the song made a killer opener on the album and also as a live opener. And it doesn't matter really if they took out The Requiem. They'd just replace it with another instrumental opener they write for all their other shows like WID and OSC. So i'd rather they play The Requiem; a legitimate piece from the new album. It sets the right tone and mood for the concert.

And Iridescent is a great song by itself, but i would rather hear it with Wisdom, Justice & Love as an opener because for some reason, it resonates more emotionally and adds even more to the song.

And Waiting For The End, can stand perfectly on its own two feet but i just really like/used to hearing it right after Jornada Del Muerto as it sounded so good live and in my ipod so it is a must.

Fallout and Empty Spaces are the only two "interludes" i think don't really add anything to the song that follows it so i could do without them but seeing as how the songs themselves barely take up a minute and a half of time, it doesn't have any benefits to taking them out or leaving them in. If the band wants to play more stuff or not, they will regardless of the interludes.

And besides. News flash: The more albums an artist releases, the more they have to drop songs from all their previous albums in order to accommodate the new material. Which usually means the set-list usually ends up being made up of singles that has defined the band's career.

Edited by arbiter