New York City Setlist

hahninator

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

essentially they really only played 14 songs if u take out the interludes so on a normal night they would hopefully play 6 more songs. why would they only play 14 songs though? this concert was dedicated to the opening of their new cd and they play a ridiculously short set? wouldnt you think that they would have played more songs if they were celebrating something? just my opinion. and what i've done closing sounds terrible to me. i've never been the biggest fan of that song because it always just sounded way too generic for me. i like the intro theyve been playing for the past 2 years better than the actual song itself.

Just got back from the show....it was insane. They really sounded great tonight. The new songs were cool, though I thought the Catalyst was a little messy. Wretches &Kings is badass live. Chester was spot on tonight, he really sounded great. The venue kinda sucked, but other than that it was awesome.

Just got back from the show....it was insane. They really sounded great tonight. The new songs were cool, though I thought the Catalyst was a little messy. Wretches &Kings is badass live. Chester was spot on tonight, he really sounded great. The venue kinda sucked, but other than that it was awesome.

Does Mike change his accent on songs?

Just to bring some facts:

New Songs on setlist:

The Requiem/The Radiance

Wretches & Kings

Iridescent

Jornada Del Muerto

Waiting For The End

Fallout

The Catalyst

Songs That Left The Setlist since last tour (2009):

Session

From The Inside

Somewhere I Belong

Points Of Authority

Leave Out All The Rest

Shadow Of The Day

Hands Held High/Crawling

Based on this, and considering they played "17" songs (considering the requiem/the radiance as just one), i guess we will have around 2 or 3 coming back, and 1 or 2 added into the mix.

I would say Crawling and POA may be coming back soon. as for something not listed, it could be Burning in the skies, When they come for me or Papercut :P or it seems like that.

That was so awesome! The freaking show was orgasmic and wayyyyyyyyyyyy too short! I forgive them because it is their first real show and they're probably using us for warm up and they debuted songs and the view was fantastic. But their future shows better not be so short or i will be super pissed and kill someone.

No matter what though, Linkin Park never fails to take me away some place wonderful and reduce me to a silly fangirl. They will always be my favourite band. I've never connected with any other artist the way i do with them.

Since i absolutely refused to listen to the leaked album and the song previews except for the one they sent us, i went in a virgin. I still refuse to listen to the new songs until i can play my own hard copy in a stereo and as loud as i can be.

But "Irridescent" and "Waiting for the End" was pure beauty. I have been waiting for these songs and i didn't even know it. Mike & Chester's voice were like having awesome sex with each other and my ears and heart welcomed it. They need to write more songs like that. I hope there are more songs on the album and future albums where that marriage continues blissfully.

Stand-out moments:

I like how Brad & Mike switched instruments. In fact, the band seem more involved and active than they usually are with their music and stage performance.

I loved Chester's guitar playing fake-out and pose. (it was adorable.)

Mike kissed Chester on the head when they met up across the crowd.(yes i squeed because it was cute and i am a slash fan-girl.) :wub: <_<

Mike was looking really hot as always. :wub: (although, why the damn beanie? It wasn't that cold)

The way Mike and Chester played well off each other on Wretches & Kings. (magic.)

Mike & Chester coming down and shaking the fans hands was just so sweet. I appreciate that they took the time to do that.

Random: Chester has beautiful skin. Everytime i see this man up-close, i marvel at how this always seem to be true and wonder if he is born with it.

Brad on keyboard is awesome.

Edited by arbiter

1- I think that the Setlist was pretty cool.

2- Was short, but it was the first and was a Special Event, so not just the band for the Closing song, or the Setlist, or the outros or the intros...

3- I think this Setlist will have like 3 o 5 more songs for the Tour, like: LOATR, Crawling, WTCFM, Blackout, and maybe POA and Papercut o SIB...

This was the best night of my life, hands down. The entire band was awesome and sounded great. The energy was unbelievable and my voice is still so sore. The only "bad" (although fun) thing was that I was nearly crushed to death on the floor during the bridge in One Step Closer :lol: