New York City Setlist

hahninator

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, didn't any of you hear the interview from KROQ breakfest show? He joked, sitting at the keyboard, putting that exact effect over his voice, saying things that were definately not on the album haha. It's obviously an effect you can turn on and off. So it's not lip sync in my opinion.

Let me ask the people complaining about the setlist, did you go to the concert???? I did and it was awesome! Crawling and the rest of HT were not needed at all! I loved the way it was arranged. The new stuff was amazing and the band was obviously excited to play it. I met so many awesome LP fans and it was totally worth everything I went through to go to the concert! 100%

Also LPxDC and I did some interviews so if someone could find those in the future, that'd be awesome!

Edited by Numbrocker

I was also very disappointed with the songs that they left out. Lying From You, Papercut, Points Of Authority, CRAWLING!!! What a bummer that was, I'd pick that over In The End anyday.

Haha my bad with that Mark. I only had a few listens of the album prior to the show and I was still a little confused with the intros. What really fucked me was somebody screaming out "Burning In The Skies" and I was trying to be super quick with the tweeting and texting that I just threw it in there. Then I heard the vocals and new right away that it was Jornada del Muerto and knew Waiting For The End would be next. All in all it was a fuckin' awesome show! The crowd was so fuckin intense and it carried the show. When Brad kicked in with Bleed It Out all of us even sang Mike's entire first verse before he even started. He had this big ass smile on his face cause he was letting Brad play for a little bit and realized the entire place was singing the first verse, and he turned his mic towards us to let us finish the verse and him and Brad were cracking up the whole time. And as soon as we finished he kicked right into the first verse. Other then a few really smelly ass people in the crowd and assholes banging into and knocking over girls the show was pretty much perfect. CANNOT WAIT for the 2011 tour!!!

For Bleed it Out I dunno I guess Rob was tired or something because Miked asked him if he wanted to to the drum solo and he said no. I was sad about that because I love the solo.

I complained a lot between this and my other post I'll say some positives about the show. Wretches and Kings was awesome and probably the top highlight for me being it was something different finally, One Step Closer was really fun in the crowd, A lot of nice people at the show that I met, The venue is really good, I liked all the new album stuff, Bleed it out was really good with the crowd...Hmm.... oh of course having Faint, Given Up, No More Sorrow and Wretches back to back is pretty epic.

Edited by BaZz

Woo, I'm late for this... I just love analyzing setlists.

01. The Requiem / The Radiance

02. New Divide

Glad to see they decided to open the show with The Requiem and The Radiance... I think it's weird how they decided to have it go into New Divide and not Burning in the Skies. Oh well, it makes sense, I suppose the average fan would know New Divide better. Burning in the Skies wouldn't make a good opening song anyway in my opinion.

03. Faint (Ext. Outro)

04. No More Sorrow (Long Intro)

05. Given Up (Ext. Outro)

What a way to start a show. You got one of the highest energy songs by LP in 'Faint' and No More Sorrow and Given Up are the heaviest songs on Minutes to Midnight. This was sure to get people pumped, and judging by the crowd in the video's I've seen, these three songs in a row were a good choice. This is just me being nit picky, but if it was my choice, I would've swapped No More Sorrow out for Papercut or Points of Authority. I'm an old school fan, so I think if they played a song from each album here it would just be better, especially with the next song.

06. Wretches And Kings

Hell yeah, right? This song is awesome. Not my favorite song on A Thousand Suns, but a damn good song for the early parts of the set where a lot of high energy songs are normally played. This song in preticular is just meant to be performed live in front of a crowd, so I'm certainly interested to see how it sounds live in person at some point.

07. Numb (Keyboard Transition Outro...)

08. Iridescent

I'm not going to lie when I say that I'm completely sick of Numb in nearly every way possible. It's a good song, but they have been playing it non-stop since 2003, and haven't really done anything interesting with it, like some of the other older songs they play live. The highlight here is the keyboard transition going into Iridescent, which should be cool. Iridescent is a great song and I can just picture it being one of those big crowd sing-a-long songs.

09. Breaking The Habit

Pretty much a staple in the set I guess. Not much to say about it other than I also wonder how the mix will sound on the DSP. I swear.... I've heard a million different mixes of this song live.

10. Jornada Del Muerto

11. Waiting For The End

Waiting For The End should be a big single. It wasn't as messy live as I thought it would be and it's cool how they played Jornada Del Muerto before it as well.

12. In The End

13. Bleed It Out

14. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

Finally, some Hybrid Theory. I was surprised when they only played two songs. I thought for sure they'd play these two along with Crawling, but they dropped Crawling. Good thing, because I don't think Crawling ever sounded great live... It'll probably be back. In The End is always a good song for the crowd, even if I'm nearly sick of it as well. For now, Bleed it Out works well for what it does at a live show. One Step Closer should almost always be before the encore or closing the set in my opinion... So this is good as well.

15. Fallout

16. The Catalyst

Awesome way to start the encore! The Catalyst is a suprisingly good song live, and has a lot of energy. And Fallout simply goes perfectly into it. Starts off what could've been a great encore...

17. What I've Done

I'm sorry, but really? I just cannot picture this being a strong closing song. In terms of lyrics and meaning, I cold see how this song is after The Catalyst, but musically, I cannot see how it can follow it and close the set. I really hope this isn't permanent, but I'll reserve final judgement for after I finish listening to the DSP. I personally would have moved What I've Done up before In The End, played Cure For The Itch after The Catalyst, and then moved One Step Closer down to close the show.

Overall, this was a pretty good set. I really wish they would've have thrown in a suprise somewhere (aside from the new songs) and played a little more from Hybrid Theory and A Thousand Suns. The set also had a few weird moments (New Divide after The Requiem, What I've Done closing) but overall it should be fun to listen to on the DSP later.

Here is how I would have done it (in a way that makes sense):

SETLIST:

02. Burning In The Skies

03. New Divide

04. Faint (Ext. Outro)

05. Points of Authority (When They Come For Me over the intro (the irony here is priceless); A Place For My Head over the outro)

06. Given Up (Ext. Outro)

07. Wretches And Kings

08. Iridescent

09. Jornada Del Muerto

10. Waiting For The End

11. What I've Done

12. In The End

13. Breaking The Habit

14. P5hng Me A*wy

15. Bleed It Out

-------------------------

16. Fallout

17. The Catalyst

18. Cure For The Itch

19. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

Let me ask the people complaining about the setlist, did you go to the concert???? I did and it was awesome! Crawling and the rest of HT were not needed at all! I loved the way it was arranged. The new stuff was amazing and the band was obviously excited to play it. I met so many awesome LP fans and it was totally worth everything I went through to go to the concert! 100%

Also LPxDC and I did some interviews so if someone could find those in the future, that'd be awesome!

I did one for a VH1 interview. Did you get on that one also?

Vocal effects, how the fuck do they work?

Mike admitted he lipsynched but he also said he wanted to do it live. It was a mixture. They played the album version over the PA system live but he also tried to sing it very quietly. Requiem and Fallout had that. So yeah it was a lipsynch in a way but a very minuscule one. Still interesting to bring up in a debate and lol @ all the people thinking I posted that for "attention". Just bringing up something to discuss.

it could be awesome if they can do a setlist like this:

03. New Divide

04. Faint (Ext. Outro)

05. No More Sorrow (short Intro)

06. Given Up (Ext. Outro)

07. From The Inside

08. Wretches And Kings

09. Papercut

10. Don’t Stay

11. Somewhere I Belong

12. Lying From You

13. Jornada del Muetro / Waiting For The End

14. Numb

15. Iridescent

16. Hands Held High / Crawling

17 In The End

18 Bleed It Out

19 What I’ve Done

20. Fallout / The Catalyst

21. A Place For My Head

22. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

they say that they play 2 hours in this tour and also I'm don't really count that interlude of ATS as a songs.

Edited by LPU90

Can't say much because I'm too tired to do anything, except I got a hug from Chester and it was awesome (Thank you so much for climbing on the road case for the people upstairs). Fucking awesome show.

Here's a shitty pic of the setlist.

post-407-1284527620.jpg

thats definitely my setlist you took a pic we must have met! I was the kid with the vecel shirt. such an epic show. To whomever i met in line PM ME.

Mike admitted he lipsynched but he also said he wanted to do it live. It was a mixture. They played the album version over the PA system live but he also tried to sing it very quietly. Requiem and Fallout had that. So yeah it was a lipsynch in a way but a very minuscule one. Still interesting to bring up in a debate and lol @ all the people thinking I posted that for "attention". Just bringing up something to discuss.

If he was singing it, it wasn't a lip-sync. =P

I think they should just play it pre-recorded anyway.

unless Mark has heard otherwise DSP isnt 100% confirmed. I spoke to Pooch RIGHT AFTER the set. He said it WAS recorded but wasnt sure when its coming out. It could be this week or a year from now. I say this with what i know, not sure if Bossman Mark has heard anything different.

Just a quick note I didn't see on the show page.

At the end of BIO, the band was looping and Mike and Chester both looked up at Rob to see if he wanted to do a solo, he refused them both even after what seemed to be encouragement from BBB as well. Then they went into a "sing-along" and apparently some mis-communication happened and everyone stopped playing while Chester was singing with the crowd

Edited by Papelbon