It Leaked (ATS/LT/The Hunting Party)

Chesterchaz

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's getting shit reviews everywhere. But I think that was expected right?

yeah

lol a lot of fans are dissapointed

because this isn't HT or heavy -.-

but I also just saw just 1 bad 'non-fan' review

Edited by Jesper

I agree with sckofelng..every single word he's saying describes what I feel and think.

Damn,open your ears! Do you seriously think that this stuff rocks?

I truly do.

@Jesper:

Haha right... reminds me of the line in 'When they come for me': "Everybody wants the next thing to be like the first. And I'm not a robot, I'm not a monkey. I will not dance even if the beat is funky. Opposite of lazy, far from a punk ya'll oughta stop talking, start trying to catch up motherf****r!"

It rocks. Just in a different way.

It presses you down gently, yet thrusts at you deeply and although your taken slowly it's still pretty hard.

As opposed to taking you down the alley and raping you with a rusty bread knife, leaving you crying on the floor, screaming and yelling for your mother.

Edited by Smarky

Im just gonna say that im disappointed. Come on guy !! where is LP? after my first play the only track that i like and reminds me LP is wretches and kings (almost hard chester and mikes rap)... I dont know u guys but I miss songs like crawling, points of authority, given up, a little bit of breaking the habit or somewhere i belong.. Im so dissapointed, THE ONLY THING that makes me feel alived its 07.10.2010 LP will come to argentina.... but the new album is a total DESASTREEEE !!!

THIS ALBUM IS NOT ENOUGH FOR ALL THE TIME WE´VE WAITED... (sorry about my english)

How about instead of going to see them in Argentina, you find a way to go back in time and go to the first Brazil show, since you're clearly stuck in 2004.

soon we will see red soldier PRS on ebay

Uhh, no. Just no. They'll continue to play their old songs live, genius. And he might have to use it on some of the new material as well, depending on what tuning they end up playing some of this stuff in.

Its total crap. Pop, synth driven crap. Blackout could be cool, but they ruined it with all the electronic garbage they threw in. Huge mistake on LP's part with this album.

If it chases off people like you, I'd say they made the right decision with this album.

how often do you plan to keep on bitching at people who bitch? i think a couple of here don't get that people are angry with this band.

many people here followed the band from its kid's days. it is a big change now and a couple of people (including myself) were still hoping that there could be influences from these old days which most of these fans love. since there aren't any influences (except for a rapping here and there) we are all shocked and angry. i am not saying anymore that it's total crap by them, but it definiatly does not fit in any of my music tastes. and don't tell people to grow up if you bitch as well! sorry, but that's my opinion.

Let's see...this album has:

-More rapping than Minutes to Midnight (more akin to Hybrid Theory)

-More electronic-tinged songs than Minutes to Midnight (more akin to Hybrid Theory)

-More scratching than Minutes to Midnight (more akin to Hybrid Theory)

You can think what you like about the album, but saying there are no similarities between it and the music the band made in their early days is flat-out wrong.

i listened to it briefly today. it really waste my time away!!! .\/.

man, the album totally suks! it isn't a rock album! :angry:

I stopped reading your post after the second line. Sorry, but if you expected a rock album, you've been completely out of the loop for the past 2 years. Your own fault for not paying attention.

All of you children who rush to defend this piece of crap are laughable. You sound like someone insulted your mother. Sometimes I forget how young most of you are, younger folks tend to be drawn towards pop music like this. this album will hurt this band in the long run.

And you sir, sound just like one of those old blowhards from a long-socially-irrelevant generation that swears "real music" died when Elvis started swinging his hips or when the Beatles landed in New York. You've got 10 years on me age-wise (meaning you probably grew up worshiping Nirvana, one of the most laughably overrated bands in the history of music, but I digress...), but at 22, I'm significantly older than the majority of LP's fanbase. Roughly 90% of the music I own was recorded before 1980. And I can say with 100% honesty that I think this is the best album Linkin Park has ever made.

Yes, that's right, for all the people who gasped at the concept or didn't have it register the first time I said it: I believe A Thousand Suns is a better album than Hybrid Theory.

I read a comment on another site yesterday that really put it in perspective for me: "R.I.P. Linkin Park. Long live Linkin Park." I would be perfectly content if for the rest of their career, Linkin Park continued to break down all perceptions of what they sound like with each successive album. The idea of what "Linkin Park" is in the eyes of their fans and the media is something that deserves to die every few years, and then be reborn according to the ideas of the only 6 people in the world who truly have the right to decide what "Linkin Park" really is at any given point in time.

How about instead of going to see them in Argentina, you find a way to go back in time and go to the first Brazil show, since you're clearly stuck in 2004.

Uhh, no. Just no. They'll continue to play their old songs live, genius. And he might have to use it on some of the new material as well, depending on what tuning they end up playing some of this stuff in.

If it chases off people like you, I'd say they made the right decision with this album.

-More electronic-tinged songs than Minutes to Midnight (more akin to Hybrid Theory)

You can think what you like about the album, but saying there are no similarities between it and the music the band made in their early days is flat-out wrong.

I stopped reading your post after the second line. Sorry, but if you expected a rock album, you've been completely out of the loop for the past 2 years. Your own fault for not paying attention.

And you sir, sound just like one of those old blowhards from a long-socially-irrelevant generation that swears "real music" died when Elvis started swinging his hips or when the Beatles landed in New York. You've got 10 years on me age-wise (meaning you probably grew up worshiping Nirvana, one of the most laughably overrated bands in the history of music, but I digress...), but at 22, I'm significantly older than the majority of LP's fanbase. Roughly 90% of the music I own was recorded before 1980. And I can say with 100% honesty that I think this is the best album Linkin Park has ever made.

Yes, that's right, for all the people who gasped at the concept or didn't have it register the first time I said it: I believe A Thousand Suns is a better album than Hybrid Theory.

I read a comment on another site yesterday that really put it in perspective for me: "R.I.P. Linkin Park. Long live Linkin Park." I would be perfectly content if for the rest of their career, Linkin Park continued to break down all perceptions of what they sound like with each successive album. The idea of what "Linkin Park" is in the eyes of their fans and the media is something that deserves to die every few years, and then be reborn according to the ideas of the only 6 people in the world who truly have the right to decide what "Linkin Park" really is at any given point in time.

I would love to read a review written by you on a Thousand suns, I really do

Your posts are always filled with win

this. thank you.

I would love to read a review written by you on a Thousand suns, I really do

Your posts are always filled with win

Give it a few hours, I'm working on one.

Also, just to clarify something to people downloading the leak: There's an alleged 320kbps rip going around right now, it is NOT legit. It's just an up-converted version of the 192kbps rip that leaked yesterday.

Give it a few hours, I'm working on one.

Also, just to clarify something to people downloading the leak: There's an alleged 320kbps rip going around right now, it is NOT legit. It's just an up-converted version of the 192kbps rip that leaked yesterday.

also, tracks 12 to 15 has this really scratching noise that ruins the songs, I decided to stick with the 192kbps that I downloaded earlier.

@Astat: I don't know you... but I love you! :D

And it's not because we have the same opinion, but because you find the right words to express what I think and feel.

I quote LPjahova808: "Your posts are always filled with win."

So all I can add to your post is: Amen!

Astat = win

Question - On Iridescent, during the end with the chorus vocals, am I hearing guitar? It sounds to me like BIO's style guitar, but I can't focus on it because I zone out into the awesomeness of the song...

As far as playing this song live, I think the songs have potential to be played on guitars rather than synth, if so, this tour will be epic, have possibly the hardest rock sound to it LP's ever done.

I agree with every word you said Astat :D, with each album, you can get an idea of what is "Linkin Park", and just because there is no rap, heavy guitars, screams or something like that, not mean it is a very good material, the rock is not only "metal" or something, is much more than that with many variants, and this album is one of these variants of the rock.

Astat = win

Question - On Iridescent, during the end with the chorus vocals, am I hearing guitar? It sounds to me like BIO's style guitar, but I can't focus on it because I zone out into the awesomeness of the song...

As far as playing this song live, I think the songs have potential to be played on guitars rather than synth, if so, this tour will be epic, have possibly the hardest rock sound to it LP's ever done.

Yeah, there's guitar in the end chorus of Iridescent, I think there are even 2 parts going at once.

The 4 songs that stood out as having significant amounts of guitar to me were The Catalyst, The Messenger, Iridescent, and Burning in the Skies. I know there's at least a little guitar in Wretches and Kings too.

I was thinking about all this "I want the old LP sound back" thing.

To those people: you want songs that sound like HT or Meteora tracks. The Problem is: for them it's only a few minutes... 3 or 4 minutes they enjoy. But for LP it's a whole lot of work. They listen to every song at least a thousand times and they play them another hundred times live... honestly, how would you feel if you had to do this?

LP was bored of doing old stuff, so they did new stuff, and they have the right to do so.

Accept it or just get out of here!

I lol'ed so hard when I read that! :) (though Meteora will always be my baby)

However I think we're all getting too "protective" of LP. Shocking as it is people will NOT like this album. A good portion of fans fell in love with the HT/Meteora sound. THAT's the kind of music they like. I think, just like with MTM, LP will lose fans with this, but gain much more. Still I don't think you can really critize the people who are disappointed, that much. The band has said that they gave out mixed reviews of what they thought this album would sound like. I even think Chester mentioned it at the LA laser show last night.

So yes saying it sucks isn't really a good reason, but explaining yourself for why you don't care for the album shouldn't get you flamed.

Personally, I've only heard up to Blackout, but I like it so far. Wouldn't go as far as Astat, but it's been a "good" album. Waiting For the End is the only song that's really blown me away, but I need to get the album and relisten a few times before I can give a proper review.

I also find it funny When They Come For You is either a LOVE or HATE song. When I first heard it I couldn't get past Monkey Mike, but Chester saved that song for me. I wish they hadn't screwed with his voice so much. Chester is from the rare breed that has a true singing voice that doesn't need to be "fixed" with computers. And I'll go with the majority of nay-sayers who want more tradional guitar because I prefer rock music compared to electronic. I'm not saying that the songs "suck" without it, but I don't like the heavy electronic influence (especially on Blackout) personally.

Still I think LP did a really good job with this album (what I've heard anyways).

Astat is completely right. LP like I've said before always pushed genres. This just happens to be one that isnt "conventional". Linkin Park have taken a HUGE risk with ATS. They poured their heart and soul into something that they feel is good enough to let everyone listen to. I for one support their decision to release this album, I believe it is a prime example of how Linkin Park have always separated themselves from other musicians.

Linkin Park will continue to change things up, so for people that dont like it then jump off the ride, and maybe we will see ya at the next stop.