Next Single & ATS Fan Review!

Nameless

According to our member MrInfluXion who just came back from the LA Pre-Listening party, the second single from LP forthcoming album will be Waiting For The End! Quoting Evan: "head guy of warner brothers said it"

He also posted on his blog an interesting review he done about A Thousand Suns, go read it HERE!

i felt like the review was kind of wack. half of the stuff he didn't remember, which was kind of wack. i mean at least he helps present a better idea of some of the tracks but I feel like I'm not sure if i should trust his judgement 100% though

I was also there, I should've copied down my notes from the sheet they made us fill out but oh well. You're all in for a real surprise the first listen through. Overall I found the album as a whole pretty shocking, Minutes to Midnight was baby steps, A Thousand Suns is running full sprint, in terms of uniqueness and how different of a direction they went. The songs are definitely better on multiple listens and the album really flows from track to track really well. It really feels like a full complete album, like each song just adds to create one big picture in the end.

My favorite songs were

When They Come For Me

Wating For the End

Blackout

Wretches and Kings

By the way if you already RSVP'd for the laser show, you're definitely in, that's what Adam and Jessica told us.

this review was meh. Ana's was more consistent, far better than this, it's just his personal opinions...no hints on the instruments, or nothing.

Yeah im not very musical lol.

Isn't Waiting For The End the one with the reggae style rapping? I think thats the one.

I THINK. I know I marked one song down as sounding "reggae." Im 98% sure this is it. I am not a fan of reggae music but this song...was awesome.

I was also there, I should've copied down my notes from the sheet they made us fill out but oh well. You're all in for a real surprise the first listen through. Overall I found the album as a whole pretty shocking, Minutes to Midnight was baby steps, A Thousand Suns is running full sprint, in terms of uniqueness and how different of a direction they went. The songs are definitely better on multiple listens and the album really flows from track to track really well. It really feels like a full complete album, like each song just adds to create one big picture in the end.

My favorite songs were

When They Come For Me

Wating For the End

Blackout

Wretches and Kings

By the way if you already RSVP'd for the laser show, you're definitely in, that's what Adam and Jessica told us.

Ahhhhhhh I remember you!

From my friend Jen that went:

"They wouldn't let us keep our papers so I'll attempt to give a blow by blow account of the songs.

What I do remember, couple of bad ass songs. There are 15 tracks, 4 were interludes. Kinda pointless some of them.

For the most part, you have to listen to it in its entirety to get the meaning otherwise it just seems out of context. Especially the interludes. own bits.

I took this from Evan for the track list.

1. The Requiem - Hilarious when we heard it was Mike actually singing. Who hit him in the nuts to get him to sing like a choir boy

2. The Radiance - Interlude, sucked. My exact quote was WTF?

3. Burning In The Skies - This song has deep lyrics that are repeated in Fallout

4. Empty Spaces - Very wartime sounding. Another interlude again, WTF?

5. When They Come For Me - This one Mike raps, Chester has good lyrics. Reminds me of Fort Minor days.

6. Robot Boy - Don't remember much about this one

7. Jornada Del Muerto - An interlude. Yet again! And it is in Spanish like the title suggests.

8. Waiting For The End - This was actually a good song Just not a fan of all the electro beats

9. Blackout - This song really confused a lot of us. It builds up, fades, and rebuilds. You think it is the start to the next song.

10. Wretches And Kings - 2 words, BAD ASS! This song has more of the HT feel with Fort Minor peppered thru it

11. Wisdom, Justice, And Love - Yet another interlude, but this one distorts into a robot sound. Felt like a commercial for Droid phones, and yes, I said that to the execs.

12. Iridescent - I really enjoyed this song. Had almost a revival drum feel about it. Very epic and mesmerizing

13. Fallout - The lyrics from Burning in the skies are repeated here. I kinda liked it, felt very fluid and continuous.

14. The Catalyst - Wrong song to lead off the album with

15. The Messenger - This song was not good. The album flows then BOOM, picture any 80's hair bang power ballad set to acoustic guitar. Someone liked this song and wanted it in. The only thing I can guess, the lyrics worked with the theme of the album but not so much the music. I guess it is to represent a stripped down world after whatever catastrophe occurred but it still doesn't fit. A piano would have been better.

I was asked specifically what I didn't like and said it doesn't feel like a collaboration between all 6 members. I think Brad took a nap on this one. Almost no guitar. 1 of the execs agreed with me. M2M lost Joe and now he is back with a vengeance but they lost Brad and Phoenix along the way.

You can pick out HT influence, Meteora influence, M2m influence and some Fort Minor influence.

The record execs said "the band wanted to make an album that they wanted to hear but no one was doing"

HT and Meteora were kinda the same, M2m was the beginning of the change bit they ran with the new sound on ATS. "

"They wouldn't let us keep our papers so I'll attempt to give a blow by blow account of the songs.

What I do remember, couple of bad ass songs. There are 15 tracks, 4 were interludes. Kinda pointless some of them.

For the most part, you have to listen to it in its entirety to get the meaning otherwise it just seems out of context. Especially the interludes. own bits.

1. The Requiem - Hilarious when we heard it was Mike actually singing. Who hit him in the nuts to get him to sing like a choir boy

3. Burning In The Skies - This song has deep lyrics that are repeated in Fallout

5. When They Come For Me - This one Mike raps, Chester has good lyrics. Reminds me of Fort Minor days.

7. Jornada Del Muerto - An interlude. Yet again! And it is in Spanish like the title suggests.

8. Waiting For The End - This was actually a good song Just not a fan of all the electro beats

9. Blackout - This song really confused a lot of us. It builds up, fades, and rebuilds. You think it is the start to the next song.

10. Wretches And Kings - 2 words, BAD ASS! This song has more of the HT feel with Fort Minor peppered thru it

11. Wisdom, Justice, And Love - Yet another interlude, but this one distorts into a robot sound. Felt like a commercial for Droid phones, and yes, I said that to the execs.

12. Iridescent - I really enjoyed this song. Had almost a revival drum feel about it. Very epic and mesmerizing

13. Fallout - The lyrics from Burning in the skies are repeated here. I kinda liked it, felt very fluid and continuous.

15. The Messenger - This song was not good. The album flows then BOOM, picture any 80's hair bang power ballad set to acoustic guitar. Someone liked this song and wanted it in. The only thing I can guess, the lyrics worked with the theme of the album but not so much the music. I guess it is to represent a stripped down world after whatever catastrophe occurred but it still doesn't fit. A piano would have been better.

I was asked specifically what I didn't like and said it doesn't feel like a collaboration between all 6 members. I think Brad took a nap on this one. Almost no guitar. 1 of the execs agreed with me. M2M lost Joe and now he is back with a vengeance but they lost Brad and Phoenix along the way.

You can pick out HT influence, Meteora influence, M2m influence and some Fort Minor influence.

The record execs said "the band wanted to make an album that they wanted to hear but no one was doing"

HT and Meteora were kinda the same, M2m was the beginning of the change bit they ran with the new sound on ATS. "

That was quite cook. Thanks for the post

thanx

sooo the The Messenger was the worst song?