The Catalyst Video Premiere

[AndOne]

i wanna say something to you fans , remember In The End , Breaking The Habit , What Ive Done ...

Now I'm really disappointed , maybe there is a too lot of smoke ..

Joe could do better , and why they made it in the short version ?

Brad is a member of LP ?

probably that there is not a lot of guitare so they removed brad lol

Anyway , wanna see it in HD !

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wanna say something to you fans , remember In The End , Breaking The Habit , What Ive Done ...

Brad is a member of LP ?

This video has deserved place in top 3. In the end cannot compare with it with this crappy effects.

one sentence comes to mind when watching this video...and that is what mike says to joe on the making of this video

"is there a plot or are we just shooting stuff that looks cool"

and i think that's why this video is a bit disappointing......it's aimless wandering.

Brad is a member of LP ?

This video is very good and Brad is in the video when the guitar comes in.

This video has deserved place in top 3. In the end cannot compare with it with this crappy effects.

You've got to remember though that was 10 years ago! and LP didnt have as much as they do now. Who else had a flying whale in their video anyway?

I really don't like the Chester with two mouths lol it looks so strange. I really hope there's a longer version of this video because I don't like the radio edit.

Overall, I like the video and the effects, it's not my fave LP video but I think it will grow on me.

Here is my review:

"When the video for "In The End" came out, my friend and I stayed up all night on Kazza downloading it on 56K dial up internet. Bit by bit, we downloaded it, with each few seconds, watching what we had downloaded so far. By the time it was finished, it was morning and we were exhausted, but what we had downloaded was not just a music video, but a visual masterpiece. For the time, the effects were amazing for a music video. It was the best music video I had ever seen.

Fast forward to last night. I am laying in bed and I get a reminder tweet from MTV that LP's new video will be debuting at midnight Eastern time zone. I wait for it, on the TV. It didn't come on. I shrugged and went to sleep. Woke up this morning and went to the computer and checked out LPLive. I saw the link and I clicked it and I watched the video. And I watched the video. And I watched it again.

This video is amazing. It has visual eye candy, it has depth, it has ALL of the band in it (sorry New Divide), and it takes music videos to the next level. If Mr. Hahn never directs another video again, this one will go down as his best and most creative. The final shots in this video breathtaking. It makes something very beautiful turn into complete chaos. All of the smoke in the video is to trick the eye and mind. The location that this video takes place in could be any city, town, field, stadium in the world. It could be your own backyard and the end of the world is happening there. The only two complaints are that there isn't one unifying band shot in the video. The most we get at a time is maybe 4 of the 6 (everyone but Hahn and Rob). Also, I wish they had used the album version of the song and not the radio edit. If we see a longer version of the video with a whole band shot in one of the new clips, then the video will be perfect.

This is a new, dark, and tech-savvy Linkin Park. If this video is any sign of what we can expect of the videos off of the new album, then we can expect some epic videos in the future.

Rating: 9.5/10

Edited by LPFreak64

I really don't like the Chester with two mouths lol it looks so strange. I really hope there's a longer version of this video because I don't like the radio edit.

Overall, I like the video and the effects, it's not my fave LP video but I think it will grow on me.

Looks like Picasso style...

Here is my review:

(...)

This video is amazing. It has visual eye candy, it has depth, it has ALL of the band in it (sorry New Divide), and it take music videos to the next level. If Mr. Hahn never directs another video again, this one will go down as his best and most creative. The final shots in this video breathtaking. It makes something very beautiful turn into complete chaos. All of the smoke in the video is to trick the eye and mind. The location that this video takes place in could be any city, town, field, stadium in the world. It could be your own backyard and the end of the world is happening there. The only complaint is that there isn't one unifying band shot in the video. The most we get at a time is maybe 4 of the 6 (everyone but Hahn and Rob).

This is a new, dark, and tech-savvy Linkin Park. If this video is any sign of what we can expect of the videos off of the new album, then we can expect some epic videos in the future.

Rating: 9.5/10

I agree.

Seriously, in my opinion one of the best LP music videos... but that is just my opinion. :)

in the end is the worst video of lp, even given up is better

in the end was a great video back then..but now, looking at the cgi is just Cheesy hahah. And i don't know why people keep bringing up What I've Done, it's good but not that great of a video. Good message but video wise not really. And I personally am not a huge fan of Given Up...it's cool but not great.

in the end was a great video back then..but now, looking at the cgi is just Cheesy hahah. And i don't know why people keep bringing up What I've Done, it's good but not that great of a video. Good message but video wise not really. And I personally am not a huge fan of Given Up...it's cool but not great.

What I've Done is the only other Linkin Park video that I've ever liked. Give it time and I'm sure I won't like the Catalyst video either. lol