[AndOne]

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts:

Pros:

-Mike looks badass when he is singing.

-I liked the apocalyptic feel of this video.

-A lot of Phoenix

-Chester singing in the water was cool.

-The CGI effects of the city were awesome.

Cons:

-WAAAY too much slow motion near the end.

-Radio Edit, I know that this is probably the version of the video that we will see on TV, but it would be cool if we get a full 5:42 version as well.

-You never get to see the band all together, which is a major dissapointment. My favorite parts of their other videos are when they are all on the screen at once, like in WID, ITE, LOATR, and SIB.

Overall, I think it was a pretty good video. Not their best, but good.

I loved the videos. The colors really match the feel of the song and when we get an HD version of the video on youtube it will make it that much better. Just imagine how great that water splashing and that smoke will look in HD...(I LOVE HIGH DEF VIDEO!!!!)

Positives:

-Phoenix! Hell yeah, lots of great shots. Cool looking bass.

-Overall idea of the video was really cool

-Slow mo of Rob before the bridge ala WID video ;)

-Shots of Chester and Mike together, that was cool

-City effects ala SOTD video were nice

-Effects like smoke, paint, water were A+.

-Fort Minor vibe to the video. See: Petrified music video or Where'd You Go music video where Mike is wearing a hoodie and looking like a gangster, this time in a car

Negatives:

-Brad?

-Needs more Joe, would've loved to see him jamming with his fists smashing into the turntable or something, lol

-Way too much Mike Shinoda. wow, lol. little overdose right there. Chester is always all over the videos but Mike in this one was EVERYWHERE.

-Radio edit? Ending seemed really weird. Video was badass but the end was like ...what? Got confusing with everything there at the end. Hopefully there's a version for the full song. I think the slow mo at the end confused me.

-No shots of all of LP together jamming

i thought it was dope, but I would have definately traded in the whole guys in masks and random group of ten people moshing for shots of the whole band.

but with that being said this video does kind of give me that old school linkin park feel. with the masks and what not which is a nice memory jogger.

btw whats with lp and apocalyptic themes? can't they just make a video were chester has his girlfriend come over for the first time and warns the whole crew not to misbehave, but they do anyway and the whole time chaz is like flippin out trying to keep everything under control but it turns out the girl is crazy fun too and they all just end up having fun and a good time? Yes the whole band would live together in the video because they're like bffl.

i thought it was dope, but I would have definately traded in the whole guys in masks and random group of ten people moshing for shots of the whole band.

but with that being said this video does kind of give me that old school linkin park feel. with the masks and what not which is a nice memory jogger.

btw whats with lp and apocalyptic themes? can't they just make a video were chester has his girlfriend come over for the first time and warns the whole crew not to misbehave, but they do anyway and the whole time chaz is like flippin out trying to keep everything under control but it turns out the girl is crazy fun too and they all just end up having fun and a good time? Yes the whole band would live together in the video because they're like bffl.

i lol'd

i'm so jealous of ppl liking this video, because i'm a bit disappointed :(

i was so exciting when i was watching the making of, but i didn't get the feeling when the vid was playing, too much slow motion, timing could be better.

too much for chester's mouth lol

btw the elephant didn't appear(not a problem tho), anyone notice?

When coming up with the idea for our new music video, "The Catalyst," I thought of the end of the world. What would it be like if someone could push a button to decide our fate? What would it feel like if we accept our fate in the moment of devastation? How would we celebrate our one final living moment? -Joe

One of the worst LP music videos.

HATED the editing, especially in the beginning.

It may be trying to tell a story, establish a sequence of events, but most shots last a second, if that, and the discontinuity editing disastrously disorientates the viewer.