The Catalyst Video Premiere

[AndOne]

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be trying to tell a story, establish a sequence of events, but most shots last a second, if that, and the discontinuity editing disastrously disorientates the viewer.

Maybe the disorientation was intended. I think the setting of the video is not really intended to be a peachy life.

Hands down my favorite LP clip they've done. I dont mean it cos its new but because this actually is really well edited and shot. Actually suits the song.

Is this a sign of good things to come? I FUCKING HOPE SO!!

Videos up on youtube for those who can't access it on mtv.com.

The videos meh. As hahniator said theres too much Mike, not enough band shots or shots of the other guys. Whats up with all the teeth too? lol The lyrics weren't performed that aggresively, that along with the slow-mo just made the vocals/lip synching in this song look way too exaggerated. Last complaint, the edited version of this song sucks. The intro and the extended bridge are REALLY needed to make this song sound good. Theres moments in the song that are really brilliant but edited out, so certain things i wanted to see/hear in the video just weren't there. I haven't even heard ATS, but the catalyst is not a great lead single to be honest.

Overall, i wouldn't say im disappointed but im not impressed. This song never impressed me so it's not a big deal if the video was mediocre.

Edited by thesungoesdown

Hands down my favorite LP clip they've done. I dont mean it cos its new but because this actually is really well edited and shot. Actually suits the song.

Is this a sign of good things to come? I FUCKING HOPE SO!!

Agree. The video is EPIC.

I was hoping a lot more out of the video personally...I like it, but it's not great. I hate the slow-mo. You would think something like the end of the world would be fast paced. Way too much Mike also. I'm pretty sure Chester sings in this song too?

It was okay. I like Joe's videos but I would have loved to see what others would have done with it (non-LPmember)...

I dunno but this video is pretty monotone...but atleast you get the message and yeah for some people more mike.

+ Get used to see more mike. Because on ATS....

Edited by ana

Reaction post from someone who avoided every sneak clip of the video like a plague:

THAT WAS FREAKING AWESOME! :D

My second favourite Linkin Park video ever! Or maybe it is now my favourite... ;)

Or maybe because i have like a little fan girl crush on Mike Shinoda! :wub:

And oh my god! Poor Chester who had to be dunked in water an in slow mo too. I wonder how many takes that took but i'm sure he's used to suffering for his art. :wacko:

I love the mood of the video, the cuts, the angels and shots.

Not really what I expected but I liked it. I was hoping for a more devastating video that made me think but it was mainly just a bunch of badass effects. I'll probably buy it upon release.

^yep same thing. the lyrics remind me of being on ground zero just before an atomic bomb drops. especially with hiroshima's anniversery being just a few days ago it just got me thinking. " god save us everyone as we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns" . Actually if you really look into the lyrics i wouldn't be surprised if that was the song is about. or anything else terrible that's just about to happen and one realizes and accepts whats going to happen.

That along with Joe's description of the video being

" I thought of the end of the world. What would it be like if someone could push a button to decide our fate? What would it feel like if we accept our fate in the moment of devastation? How would we celebrate our one final living moment? -Joe

I mean thats what he seriously came up with? Chester partly drowning, Mike in the back of a car, and smoke around the band? I personally would have had the band and a group of people rioting around them in a circle. have everything beyond the band/circle slowly being destroyed and have the crowd/band toss colorful powder in the air and at each other as being a metaphor for celebrating life in that final instance. Oh well its there video not mines lol

Edited by thesungoesdown

I miss Brad and Phoenix in this video...they arent onscreen alot :(

Brad looks a little awkward, like he doesn't know what to do, just bobs his head up and down ala Joe Hanh used to do.

Seems like with this video, the song, the new album, it's becoming Shinoda Park.